Bumble & Bumble Pret-a-Powder

Bumble & Bumble Pret-a-Powder

3.3

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This dry shampoo didn't perform the way I expected it would. It smells great and makes my hair touchable and soft , but I don't find that it removes oil and the applicator doesn't work for me. I can either sprinkle it right into my hair or first put it on my hands and then apply where needed but using my hands just adds more oil to my hair. I can brush it out but I find that it deposits too much in one place so in order to make it invisible I have to rub it in with my fingers. I find that it doesn't add volume either. I've used a lot of Bumble and Bumble that I've enjoyed but I would pass on this one.

on 2/23/2017 9:54:00 PM

I agree with other reviewers--Oscar Blandi dry shampoo was great, but I can't find it anymore so this is the 2nd best I've found. Dry shampoos in a spray never work for me. This works well for my oily roots. I hate the packaging--I have to shake it so many times to get enough powder out the little hole. The Oscar Blandi packaging was better because the dispenser was cone-shaped.

I might just puncture a big hole in this because I'm getting tired of all the shaking.

on 12/8/2016 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been a dry shampoo user for years. I find like the non aerosol type the best. My ulta no longer carries BlowPro or Oscar Blandi dry shampoo, so I purchased the small size of this Bumble and Bumble dry shampoo at Sephora. I find it performs well just like BlowPro or Oscar Blandi's dry shampoo products.

Pro:
1. Pleasant scent.
2. Works well in regards to oil absorption and will give good texture to braids
3. Last a long time. I'm still using the travel size, going on about 3 months.

Con
1. The packaging sucks. I hate the sprinkle top. By far the BlowPro nonaerosol bottle works the best, then followed by nozzle tip of Oscar Blandi.
2. Build up...I find this dry shampoo has a little more build up than my other 2 favorite brands.

Tip for great use is to apply at night. That way to avoid the white cast as powder has several hours to soak up extra oil. Also if hair is too clean for a good braid, sprinkle a little into the hair for texture.

on 10/5/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Finally! A dry shampoo that doesn't harm the atmosphere! And it's lighter and more compact for travel ($12 small one)! Yay!

BTW, dry shampoo "works" depending on whether your hair and scalp respond better to rice starch, tapioca starch or a couple of other ingredients (as in, Living Proof has a patented molecule, and that's an incredible product, but this one comes very close). Once you figure out which is best for you, it's easier to find ones that will work for you.

Dry Shampoos are like mascaras...personal. My hair is fine but I have a lot of it. It doesn't get oily until day 3 but I do lose body by day 2. I was a No Drought lover by Lush however I picked up this product and Sephora and I am in love. It is pricey but it has lasted me forever a little goes a long way. It smells like Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo. It gives me beautiful volume and works like a slight hair spray. It gives natural hold and is user friendly. I am sure there are cheaper alternatives (no drought) however I love the hold and the beautiful body that LASTS when I use this. Treat yourself. Just don't use it specifically for oil absorption.

on 5/26/2016 2:54:00 PM

I really don't see the point of this product. It is supposed to be a dry shampoo, a style extender, and a volume booster. It is actually none of that. The only nice thing about this product is the smell. The shaker packaging makes precise application difficult. The powder doesn't really work as a dry shampoo, and just leaves the white cast in the hair. There is absolutely no additional volume. In fact, this powder leaves the hair crunchy, like hairspray. Skip this one and get yourself some Batiste spray!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Bumble touts this as a multi-use product (dry shampoo, style extender and volumizer) but I think all this is good for is dry shampooing. This may work for your hair type, but I can tell you that with my dark, silky, thick, coarse hair, all this was good for was absorbing oil. It provided minimal volume and even less texture for grip. I've tried it on 2nd/3rd day hair, and I've also tried it on freshly washed/dried hair -- no big difference in terms of performance, which is sad.

It has a faint clean scent that almost borders on masculine, but it's not overpowering. If you flip your hair throughout the day you might catch whiffs of it, but that also depends on the amount you use.

The product only dispenses out of ONE hole, which is ridiculous. I find myself frantically shaking the bottle above my head just to get enough powder out for just one section of my head. Then I have to repeat this at least twice. Other texturizing powder bottles usually have multiple holes so that more product can come out with just one shake.

I was really looking to use it as a volumizer (like editorial controlled frizz look) but it didn't give my hair enough texture to create that look. Hair texturizing powders that provide better texture for creating volume would be Big Sexy Hair Powder Play and Redken Powder Grip 03 (they make your hair strands feel like they have a rubber coating so it really keeps its structure when you backcomb/fluff/tousle).

on 10/10/2015 8:10:00 PM

This powdered dry shampoo (first ingredient listed is corn starch) is amazing! I went from washing my hair every day to about every 3-4 days. Put the powder on at night for best results.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Why oh why do I ever stray from my HG dry shampoo (Oscar Blandi)? I usually love the smell of B&B products so I assumed this would smell fantastic. Wow was I wrong. This stuff STINKS. They seem to have tried to make it smell like their other products because you can smell a hint of the standard fragrance but overall the smell is awful. Totally clashes with my perfume and gave me a headache. Also has a slightly tacky feel on my hair, is very white and difficult to blend, and dulls all the shine out of my hair. Nasty stuff. I only bought the little $12 travel size, returning it anyway since I won't use any of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was looking for a non-aersol alternative to dry shampoo so I got Bumble and Bumble's Pret-a-Powder. (the name is really cute)

I'd rate it 3.5 lipsticks with the deduction for the price tag ($31 CAD) and it doesn't really absorb the oilies like other aersol dry shampoos.
It's not bad but not the best either. I have to really rub in the powder to avoid looking like I have baby powder on my scalp, especially with black hair.

I just need a few shakes so the 2 oz bottle has lasted me for some time. I can use this for that one extra day of no shampooing but then I have to wash my hair the next day.
Maybe I should go back to aerosol dry shampoos as I could get a couple of days of no washing with that.