Bumble & Bumble Pret-a-Powder

Bumble & Bumble Pret-a-Powder

3.5

Not my favorite. For the price there are better

on 6/8/2017 8:13:00 AM

I love this dry shampoo! Dry shampoos haven`t made their way to Japan, and international shipping being the anal retentive thing that it is, worldwide stockists don`t deliver spray type dry shampoos. The exception is powder dry shampoos, those can be shipped, but my past experience with Alterna`s Caviar being the disappointment that it was, I wasn`t expecting much from the Pret-a-powder. The Alterna dry shampoo is also a powder, which controls oil very well, but which makes my hair look grey and dull, and makes scalp itch like crazy. I still have a ton left, but am saving for Halloween, when I will use it to make my hair look like a grandma. The Pret-a-powder doesn`t discolor my hair at all. It smells great and removes oil without drying my scalp. I sprinkle the powder on my fingertips and rub my scalp. I braid my hair and go to bed. The next morning I brush and my hair looks clean and even slightly volumy/texturized, so very easy to style into braids or updo`s. I`ve even go 4-5 days between shampoos with this, and didn`t have any issues. You need so little of the product to make it work, that that little bottle will last me a good while. The most efficient way to use it is before bed. For quick, morning dry shampoos, I still prefer spray can types.

on 2/23/2017 9:54:00 PM

I agree with other reviewers--Oscar Blandi dry shampoo was great, but I can't find it anymore so this is the 2nd best I've found. Dry shampoos in a spray never work for me. This works well for my oily roots. I hate the packaging--I have to shake it so many times to get enough powder out the little hole. The Oscar Blandi packaging was better because the dispenser was cone-shaped.

I might just puncture a big hole in this because I'm getting tired of all the shaking.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This dry shampoo didn't perform the way I expected it would. It smells great and makes my hair touchable and soft , but I don't find that it removes oil and the applicator doesn't work for me. I can either sprinkle it right into my hair or first put it on my hands and then apply where needed but using my hands just adds more oil to my hair. I can brush it out but I find that it deposits too much in one place so in order to make it invisible I have to rub it in with my fingers. I find that it doesn't add volume either. I've used a lot of Bumble and Bumble that I've enjoyed but I would pass on this one.

on 6/7/2017 11:51:00 PM

This works well as a light duty dry shampoo. I use batiste on days when my hair is really oily. It has a faint powdery scent which I love since so many dry shampoos have overpowering fragrances. The downside is the packaging. You'll have to use quite a bit of the product but you have to shake it out of a tiny hole. Therefore, you'll want to use some force behind that shaking which results in dots of powder everywhere... on your face, on your shoulders, on your clothes. No big deal because it wipes right off, but it does mean you'll need to give yourself a good once over before you leave the house.

on 12/8/2016 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been a dry shampoo user for years. I find like the non aerosol type the best. My ulta no longer carries BlowPro or Oscar Blandi dry shampoo, so I purchased the small size of this Bumble and Bumble dry shampoo at Sephora. I find it performs well just like BlowPro or Oscar Blandi's dry shampoo products.

Pro:
1. Pleasant scent.
2. Works well in regards to oil absorption and will give good texture to braids
3. Last a long time. I'm still using the travel size, going on about 3 months.

Con
1. The packaging sucks. I hate the sprinkle top. By far the BlowPro nonaerosol bottle works the best, then followed by nozzle tip of Oscar Blandi.
2. Build up...I find this dry shampoo has a little more build up than my other 2 favorite brands.

Tip for great use is to apply at night. That way to avoid the white cast as powder has several hours to soak up extra oil. Also if hair is too clean for a good braid, sprinkle a little into the hair for texture.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Bumble touts this as a multi-use product (dry shampoo, style extender and volumizer) but I think all this is good for is dry shampooing. This may work for your hair type, but I can tell you that with my dark, silky, thick, coarse hair, all this was good for was absorbing oil. It provided minimal volume and even less texture for grip. I've tried it on 2nd/3rd day hair, and I've also tried it on freshly washed/dried hair -- no big difference in terms of performance, which is sad.

It has a faint clean scent that almost borders on masculine, but it's not overpowering. If you flip your hair throughout the day you might catch whiffs of it, but that also depends on the amount you use.

The product only dispenses out of ONE hole, which is ridiculous. I find myself frantically shaking the bottle above my head just to get enough powder out for just one section of my head. Then I have to repeat this at least twice. Other texturizing powder bottles usually have multiple holes so that more product can come out with just one shake.

I was really looking to use it as a volumizer (like editorial controlled frizz look) but it didn't give my hair enough texture to create that look. Hair texturizing powders that provide better texture for creating volume would be Big Sexy Hair Powder Play and Redken Powder Grip 03 (they make your hair strands feel like they have a rubber coating so it really keeps its structure when you backcomb/fluff/tousle).

Dry Shampoos are like mascaras...personal. My hair is fine but I have a lot of it. It doesn't get oily until day 3 but I do lose body by day 2. I was a No Drought lover by Lush however I picked up this product and Sephora and I am in love. It is pricey but it has lasted me forever a little goes a long way. It smells like Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo. It gives me beautiful volume and works like a slight hair spray. It gives natural hold and is user friendly. I am sure there are cheaper alternatives (no drought) however I love the hold and the beautiful body that LASTS when I use this. Treat yourself. Just don't use it specifically for oil absorption.

on 5/26/2016 2:54:00 PM

I really don't see the point of this product. It is supposed to be a dry shampoo, a style extender, and a volume booster. It is actually none of that. The only nice thing about this product is the smell. The shaker packaging makes precise application difficult. The powder doesn't really work as a dry shampoo, and just leaves the white cast in the hair. There is absolutely no additional volume. In fact, this powder leaves the hair crunchy, like hairspray. Skip this one and get yourself some Batiste spray!

on 10/5/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Finally! A dry shampoo that doesn't harm the atmosphere! And it's lighter and more compact for travel ($12 small one)! Yay!

BTW, dry shampoo "works" depending on whether your hair and scalp respond better to rice starch, tapioca starch or a couple of other ingredients (as in, Living Proof has a patented molecule, and that's an incredible product, but this one comes very close). Once you figure out which is best for you, it's easier to find ones that will work for you.

Top Rated Dry Shampoo