no images

price range

Reviews

from

a year ago

Brigitte is the color that appealed to me the most from the Audacious line, such a pretty everyday pink/coral shade! The creamy texture is really easy to apply and doesn't dry my lips out. Also lasts a really long time while never feeling uncomfortable. The packaging looks too industrial for my liking but it's very sturdy. On the lips it becomes more matte a few hours after application and can accentuate texture issues. That along with the transfering keeps the formula from being great. I don't regret purchasing but I'm not convinced it's a staple yet.

About reviewer (944 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Can nars do anything wrong?? This lipstick formula is bloody genius! Best best BEST out there. This shade is so sexy & gorgeous yet subtle all in one. I always have Bridgette & Anita in my makeup bag with additional backs ups at home. It’s amazing what a perfect shade & formula can not only do to the lips not transform the face. I have pretty full pouty lips, but when I wear this it’s as if it gives me a 3D affect & get asked if I’ve had fillers..!! Nars, you perfected it!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

HairBrown

3.0

3 years ago

Can a nude be bright? I bought this color mostly because of the name, I love Brigitte Bardot and her look during her younger years. The shade doesn't remind me of her though. The actress wore mostly nude peachy or apricot colors on her lips almost the same shade of her skin color. This lipstick though, at least on me, looks like a bright pink peachy color. More like a watermelon pink. Ironically, I think Barbara or Raquel are closer to the Bardot shade than Brigitte. The texture and feel of the lipstick was great, the shade was the one detail that didn't work for me.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

3 years ago

my absolute favourite out of the bunch of audacious nudes.Its a beautiful peach not nude, a peachy pinky nude on my NC-25 skin tone and am wondering why is it not getting rave reviews as i have Anita too.Also Nars color description about this gem is incorrect as its not a nude rose but a peachy coral nude rather Anita should have been named as nude rose since its is warm subtle pinky nude.I have Juliette too but find brigitte more wearable on everyday basis.would never grow tired of this lippie since its a unique richly pigmented peach.Nars audacious is worth the hype folks.Felt obligated to voice my approval so that no one should miss out.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

4 years ago

I do love these lipsticks, especially Brigitte, Raquel and Julie.... Brigitte is a lovely peachy pink shade.... it lasts ages on my lips... the only downside is I find these lippies incredibly drying.... I have to keep applying balm over which then ruins the lovely matt effect you get from them. For that reason I wouldn't repurchase. The case is beautiful though with the magnetic grip... they are very pricy but a lovely lipstick to own.... if you don't have dry lips!

About reviewer (127 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Kinky, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I was a little nervous about ordering this lipstick because the swatches I've seen are all over the place. Some make this color seem like a blue-toned pink, others look very orange-y, and still others seem darker, browner and more mauve-y. I even tried this on at my local Sephora, but it looked really bad in the store's lighting (they really need to deal with that--nothing seems to look good in there when you try it on!). It appeared too chalky and blue to be flattering on me. Anyway, I couldn't get Brigitte out of my mind, so I went ahead and ordered it during Sephora's double points event. The color turned out to be exactly what I wanted: a light but not pale, fresh-looking pink with a tiny touch of coral that makes the color look brighter. The swatch that best represents what the color looks like on my lips is Temptalia's. It's a bit too bright to be a true nude.. I think it's very much a Brigitte Bardot color, but it looks great on me, though I have very different coloring than her (black hair, dark brown eyes, olive/yellow undertones, naturally rosy lips). It's exactly what I wanted Revlon's "Pink in the Afternoon" to be. I think Brigitte is a perfect everyday lip that's safe for the office, but looks amazing paired with a clean face and black or navy winged liner. The formula is terrific. It feels very light but creamy at the same time and the pigmentation is intense with just one swipe. Color spreads evenly and is never patchy, nor does it cling to or highlight dryness. I had no problems with bleeding (though I usually don't). No scent or taste. Superb lasting power for a non-matte lipstick. I love the Audacious packaging. The rubberized material NARS uses for its regular lipsticks and compacts bugs the crap out of me. It gets dirty quickly and is difficult to clean. It also will break down after a few years, becoming gummy and sticky (the only thing to do is to rub it off with alcohol). I definitely prefer the smooth, matte metal of these lipstick tubes and hope the line updates the rest of their packaging to match. The magnetized closing is a clever touch. The price is the one drawback. $32 is a bit much to spend on a single lipstick. My advice is to try to only buy colors that are unique to the line. I've got my eye on "Audrey" next as I've never seen anything that looks quite like it.

About reviewer (2540 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

Honestly, I bought this lipstick mostly because of the name- I was in French riviera and I thought it would make a nice souvenir, because BB (not as in namesake creams, but as in Madmoiselle Bardot). Yeah, I also bought it because I am always on a quest for a new, perfect nude lipstick, I only wear matte formulas and Nars has never been a dissappointment so far. Turns out- omen est nomen indeed, as it is absolutely stunning! Creamy, rich, which equals "matte but not drying" holy grale, perfect peachy pinky nude that complements smoky kohl-ed eyes (hey, I am living out my BB fantasies here!) like a dream. Subtle color that lights up the entire face- it is exactly what I was looking for all these years. It is amazing how all nude lipsticks looks very similar, often almost the same in the tube, yet many of them just make you look dead (in my case- the entire range of Mac nude matte lipsticks; I once dedicated a good portion of an afternoon to try them all, always ending up as a Corpse Bride stand-in), or "lipless". This thing rocks- it is subtle, yet warm and sexy. I also love the packaging- a solid black metal matte tube with very handy magnet- a nice touch, Nars! I've been wearing it every day since I bought it a week ago and see myself spending the rest of the summer with the peachy nude Brugitte pout. It is expensive, but I will definitely buy it again... and again.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

5 years ago

This totally reminds me of NARS Julie, but pinkier! On my MMM w/ yellow undertones, C4 skin..it looks like a warm pinky peach with a bit of nude. It's pigmented, although i dont notice it leaving a stain on my lips such as brighter toned colors such as Michiyo. Great for everyday wear!

About reviewer (1297 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

This lipstick formula is so creamy, like a Mac amplified creme. It's less shiny than Mac creamsheens. It's smooth. It lasts ok for a lipstick. This color is like a soft orangey rose. It's a great lipstick just kind of pricy. Which is my delimma. I got home, and realized it's dead on dupe for MAC Ravishing lipstick. When swatched, Ravishing is slightly more orange and Brigitte is slightly more pink. And Ravishing's finish is slightly shinier. But honestly, the exact same. Which means it's also similar to MAC fashion city which I have used up and so I can't actually swatch it. So now I have to decide if I should keep it or not....clearly I have a lipstick shade trend...

About reviewer (541 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral