Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Fluid Foundation

Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Fluid Foundation
The Sensual Skin Fluid Foundation

3.3

Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isohexadecane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polybutene, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Methicone, Talc, Fragrance +/- (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

on 11/28/2017 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very expensive for what it is. Reminds me of the BE serum foundation at double the cost. You have to set this with powder or it creases and rubs off. I found this at TJX for 19.99. Thank goodness I did not pay $68.00 which it retails for. With the exception of his brushes and SSE, I find this line mediocre for the prices they charge.

on 10/7/2017 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this Foundation. I have mature, dry, sensitive skin and this foundation is the absolute best I have ever used. It is fluid like and seems watery, but it is highly pigmented so there is nice coverage. I would consider this to be light to medium coverage. Nicely even outs skin tone without a mask like type of coverage. VERY soft looking coverage that I would consider a beautiful finish.

I was using Cool Ivory in Bobbi Brown stick foundation but that was causing sensitivity and breakout issues. Not sure why as that foundation gets great reviews, but it was not working at all for me. Also I found the BB stick foundation had a tendency to feel mask like or heavy on my face and also seemed to highlight pores after a few hours. Not happy with that at all. I have been using the KA in #6 which is a pretty close match to my skin. It is a forgiving foundation as it seems to meld into the skin for a flawless look. It had not caused me any type of irritation or breakout problems that I have had in the past such as with BB, Boots #7 Lift and Illuminate, Flower, Everyday Mineral makeup and lots more. This KA is simply wonderful for my skin.

I highly recommend it if you have dry skin or even normal as it does provide a really beautiful finish and even tone to the skin. I cannot praise it enough. I think I may have finally found my holly grail foundation that finally does not cause any type of skin irration. I use this foundation on top of the KA Sensual Skin Primer (for Dry to Normal skin) and find that it is a wonderful duo that works well together. This is very expensive foundation, but it should last a long time as very small amount is need to cover an entire face. Maybe 4-5 drops of foundation for an entire face. If you look around on the internet you can probably find it on eBay or some other sites for a better price than the store retail price. But i would consider it an excellent foundation and so far I am very happy with it! Using it for about 4 weeks and still no irritation issues like I have had in the past with foundations.

The only negative that I can think of with this foundation, would be the slight smell to it. Kind of a fishy smell (???) at first, but it dissipates very quickly. That may be a turn off for some users, but for me it is not a problem. As I am pleased with the finish and the wear time I am getting with this foundation.

You also do need to shake up the bottle very well before using. As it is a fluid there is separation of the pigment so a few good shakes is all that is needed. I unscrew the cap, then I squeeze out the dropper first back into the bottle so that all the foundation is out of the dropper and back into the bottle. Then I screw the top back on, give it a few good shakes then squeeze the foundation back into the dropper. That way I know that the foundation I am dispensing onto my skin has been mixed up properly. I dispense about 4-5 drops on the back of my hand and then using my finger I dot it onto my face and then blend in with my fingers. I also using a foundation brush sometimes, but find that my fingers work the best. Also, after I am finished apply the foundation with my fingers, occasionally i will use a flat top brush to buff it into my skin.

Hope this helps some people out there with this foundation. Not much “love” out there for KA products, but I have to say that I am sorry I have not found these productions until know. As I am using pretty much using the whole line of makeup products right now and have been pleasantly surprised at how wonderful they are. The only reason I can think of there not being many reviews is the prohibitively high cost of the KA products. The high cost and that they are only sold in a few high end stores that are not in every city. Thankfully they can be ordered on line though. Just wish they were not so expensive!

on 1/26/2017 11:20:00 AM

I tried number 3 in this line and it looked awful! It really accentuates pores and the lines under my eyes. I have dry skin and this does nothing to enhance it. One thing in its favour is that the colour is good and cancels out redness. Other then that though, I would definitely not recommend this.

on 1/20/2017 2:26:00 PM

I love this formula for my aging, combination, light tan Asian skin. Lightweight, demi-matte finish with almost flawless coverage; think 75% opacity when I applied with a fluffy dome foundation brush and 100% when I tap on with a dense flat brush in red spots. It is so lightweight and looks like perfected natural skin. I plan on rotating this with my current HG Hourglass Veil Fluid for office makeup. No shine for 8 hours. The closest formula is Bare Minerals Pure Brightening Serum Foundation, which I also love, but is very glowy and can sink into pores. Not so with the Fluid Foundation! It's more matte and minimizes pores. I wear SF7.5 on my C4/NC30 complexion.

I should have done more research before buying this. I went to Space NK in search of a lightweight foundation and colour wise this is great for my pale skin and makes a good skin day an amazing skin day. However, unless you have flawless and well moisturised skin this is NOT the foundation for you. whenever I have dry patches this stuff clings to and highlights them. It also needs to be built up along with concealer to have any hope of covering red marks/spots.

This product is strange to me......you have to shake it up really good before using. It comes out really thin and watery. My biggest complaint is that it is a very thin coverage. I need more coverage for my redness...

on 1/14/2016 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. I've been trying several "water", "serum" and "fluid" foundations and this is one of the best I've tried because it has a little more coverage than others. I wear shade SF08 and it's perfect for my NC30 skintone. This applies so easily, feels like nothing, looks like nothing and has a long weartime. Wish it had SPF though.

on 7/27/2015 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product was recommended to me as I was looking for something oil free with moderate coverage that wasn't to heavy. I live in a climate that is warm and humid, so I usually switch from a full coverage foundation to a tinted moisturizer in the summer. I tried Jouer Matte Moisture Tint based on positive reviews and thought it was too greasy so the sales girl recommended the Sensual Skin Fluid Foundation as an alternative. I was wary about a foundation in the summer, but this product is different from regular foundations. It bills itself as a "serum" foundation rather than a traditional liquid. Supposedly, there are anti-aging ingredients in this formula, hence the high price tag. The texture is very thin and light, but don't let that fool you.

Overall, I liked it. You're definitely going to want to use a foundation or stippling brush to apply, otherwise, it will soak right into your fingers. The bottle comes with a dropper to dispense, which is a little awkward, but it works. I put 4-5 drops on my hand, brush on with a foundation brush, then set with loose powder. It goes on light and soaks right in, but the coverage is good. It doesn't settle into lines and has good staying power. It performs pretty well in the humidity, decent coverage without the greasiness.

If money weren't an object, I would repurchase. For $65, it's a little on the spendy side. I've seen it on eBay for about $40 though, so I might try that when I run out.

on 11/28/2014 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have had to completely change my stance on this due to the overpowering and vile fragrance. I don't know what's in this, but it smells strongly like self-tanner and it doesn't go away... I could smell it on my face all day long. Great texture and appearance, but I returned mine (no mean feat in the UK).

on 11/18/2014 10:53:00 AM

So many wonderful foundations this fall to choose from but this may be my favorite. Having heard great things about it I got a sample from Space NK in color 7 which matches my fair skin very well. After trying the sample, I purchased the full size. The foundation is a liquid that needs to be shaken well and comes in a glass bottle with a dropper. I use about 3 drops and blend with my favorite current brush Wayne Goss #13. The foundation blends in seamlessly and sets to a natural not too dewey finish. As soon as it is blended in it disappears and makes your skin look beautiful. More importantly, it does not highlight dry patches or set into lines. There is no spf in this product so you need to bear that in mind if you are wearing it during the daytime. Wear time seems to be very good although I have not worn it in hot/humid weather yet.