Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

2.8

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this perfume! If you love vanilla and warm undertones, then this is your HG. The staying power is excellent, especially when layered after lotion or light body oil. I get lots of compliments on how good I smell when wearing Black Opium. If you love Organza Indecence by Givenchy, then you'll enjoy Black Opium.👍🏼😊

on 10/12/2015 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is far too floral on me. I don't get any of the coffee or vanilla that some people mention, though I do get a little patchouli. Mostly it is just very sweet floral. It's very "perfumey" and pretty synthetic. Everyone's body chemistry is different, though, so it may be worth trying for someone else. This had incredibly staying power, so if it does smell nice on you it could be a real winner. Alas, it was not for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I like the vanilla, spice, and coffee notes in this. Personally, the jasmine in this fragrance is a bit TOO heady and strong for my taste, and true to my tastes, I am not a fan of the orange blossom here, although the lighter floral notes and impression of fruit it provides gives the fragrance a bit of a lift that it would be sorely lacking without it. Okay. Not great but it is a fragrance worth trying, and I do enjoy it. Just would not buy for myself. Got a free sample.

on 3/25/2015 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I want to begin my review by saying that this is NOTHING like the original Opium so if you're buying this with the unbeatable original in mind you'll be very disappointed.
Black Opium is nothing new. It's a 'floral' gourmand. If you've smelled la vie est belle or flowerbomb then you pretty much know how this will play out. It starts out sharp with a blast of citrus that is quickly overtaken, covered, then promptly buried by jammy sticky goey sweetness. The 'florals' are nondescript, jasmin? Gardenia? Huh? This is follwed by a tiny whiff of something creamy & when I concentrate really hard i smell something reminiscent of those hazelnut coffees you buy from the coffee machines at hospital waiting rooms.indeed the entire impression i get from this perfume is sugar, sugar & more ingredients that emphasize that this entire concotion is supposed to be SWEET. Then i start getting a strong clean laundry musk. The drydown is the usual vanilla, amber drydown that we've had over & over again. The entire perfume is a case of deja vu. Some elements of Coco noir with less focus, some elements of black orchid with the coffee note idea, lots of Angel influence with the gourmand inspiration. I really don't like this perfume plus it smells cheap & plastic yet it costs too much.

Popular Fragrances