Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.6

on 8/14/2018 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This scent is sweet, sensual and musky. It’s a beautiful scent but doesn’t last long on me at all. It’s not a pretty bottle, I would expect a more sexier looking bottle, especially coming from such a high end designer. Not worth the money at all.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got a sample of this in an Ulta order and it was absolute love at first sniff! I'm not a perfume expert by any stretch, I just know what I like. It's so sensual, sultry and believe it or not, pairs nicely with BB&W's Dark Kiss body wash and lotion. It fades down on me in a few hours, but that's all right, if I want to refresh it I'll take the tiny EDP spray I got recently and use it. My husband is sensitive to smells, and thankfully this one doesn't set his allergies off, and he likes it quite a bit.

I forsee a purchase of a bigger bottle in the near future!

The fragrance is okay, it seems like there are a thousand more similar. I like a lighter more natural scent. This scent is one that would give a headache after a while.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Beautiful perfume, my dh loves when I wear it. Very sexy scent. One of my favorites.
People should not give this a low score just because they are allergic to it. That makes no sense to me.

on 4/3/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoy wearing Black Opium. It smells delicious, yet slightly mysterious. This is perfect for fans of Hypnotic Poison and La Vie Est Belle (ME). It doesn't smell like either of them, but, as a fragrance it embodies the same idea of elegant sweetness. It reminds me of chocolate, and coffee, and orange blossoms...some of my very favorite things in life! For some reason this perfume generates a lot of negativity among fragrance reviewers. Personally, I don't care that it's not a "masterpiece", because I couldn't afford it if it was. And I don't mind that it doesn't smell like the original Opium. In my experience, the original Opium repels those around me more effectively than Roach Killer. My husband, kids, friends, and random strangers all compliment Black Opium, year-round. I guess it just works with my chemistry. I recently purchased Black Opium Floral Shock and I'm loving it, as well, especially as the weather heats up.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this perfume! If you love vanilla and warm undertones, then this is your HG. The staying power is excellent, especially when layered after lotion or light body oil. I get lots of compliments on how good I smell when wearing Black Opium. If you love Organza Indecence by Givenchy, then you'll enjoy Black Opium.👍🏼😊

on 11/24/2016 1:04:00 AM

Omg I love this scent it stays put all day smells crisp and clean with a touch of floral and a bit woodsy hard to explain just oh soooo good ... mmmmmm my man loves it

on 9/29/2016 3:03:00 PM

I'm in love with this fragrance. It is sweet but I have always loved sweet scents. I can't wear most fragrances without my eyes watering and getting a headache but this is an exception. I had a delivery man come in my office right after I sprayed this and he took a picture so he could get it for his wife. He said it was the best thing he ever smelled!

This was voted Best Fragrance by Allure Magazine for 2015. How would I describe it ? If you mixed together Jessica Simpson's "Fancy" and a touch of Thierry Mugler "Angel," I think you would end up with this scent. It's a gourmand with a bit of grit - not cloyingly sweet, thanks to the addition of a coffee note. Others have compared this to Lancome's "La Vie Est Belle" but that scent lacks the sweet component you get with "Black Opium." I am wearing this on one of the hottest days of the summer, but I think this would be a perfect scent for a cool, fall day. When I wear "Angel," I always worry about offending others given its potency but that's not a concern with this scent. It morphs into a sweet, subtle yet noticeable aura. Sadly, it's lacking it terms of longevity - a few hours at best. That is what kept me from giving this a 5-star rating. For the $, I expected more in terms of wear. If you are prepared to reapply, this one is certainly worth checking out for fall.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Black Opium is an edgy, smoky bad girl with a touch of sweetness. Most prominent notes are coffee, jasmine sambac, almond, and vanilla. It's sexy and comforting at the same time. If a fragrance were a place, this would be a coffee shop that served drinks and played jazz at night. Men love it. Similar qualities with Trouble by Boucheron and the cult classic BY by Dolce & Gabanna.