Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick
Matte Revolution Lipstick

4.2

Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Dimenthicone, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Polyethylene, Polybutene, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Dicalcium Phosphate, Mica, Ethyl Vanillin, Caprylic/Capric Trigglyceride, Tocopherol, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil (Zea Mays Oil), Pentaerythrityl Tetera-Di-t-Butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Bixa Orellana Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate. May contain: Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Titanium Dioxide, Red 7 Lake, Red 6, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Carmine. *Note: Ingredients listed here were taken directly from the product's packaging.

I would like to echo the review below. I bought this in the shade Pillow Talk. This is an amazing shade. It's a darker, natural, neutral-leaning almost warm woody pink on my lips. I was afraid it might be a bit too warm, but it works perfectly with my skin tone.

Although matte, the formula doesn't dry out my lips, and it lasts very well throughout the day. The fade is very nice, slowly reaching a shade just slightly darker than my natural lips before finally disappearing.

I don't usually like to spend so much on a lip product, but I have to say that this was a good purchase IMO.

It feels creamy and luxurious on my lips, and the shade seems to make my teeth appear whiter. I love the packaging. It's elegant, and I feel glamorous when I swipe it on my lips.

I would definitely repurchase this once I've run out. I'm even considering buying some more shades in this line.

This was my first CT purchase, and I have to say I'm very impressed!

on 12/3/2018 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have the shade Pillow Talk. This formula is one of my favorites. It's creamy, pigmented, looks matte and feels very comfortable. It fades gracefully, doesn't transfer much and doesn't cling to dry patches. Totally recommend.

on 10/8/2018 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I own this in Bond Girl which is a gorgeous Marsala type color on my olive-tan skin. I can brighten it with a red liner or deepen it with a burgundy one. The formula is smooth and luxurious and perfectly matte on my lips. It wears off without the dreaded ring around the mouth and feels moisturizing. veerry expensive but if you like high end makeup like me, you won't regret it!

on 9/21/2018 12:04:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have Pillow Talk and I love it. It’s basically my lips but better. Matte and very subtle, not at all drying and as it fades - and it does fade even on your coffee cup - it magically does it gradually and evenly, leaving no ugly bits and bobs on the lips. The packaging is beautiful so you can easily take it out of your handbag and reapply on the bottom lip and press your lips together to colour the top lip. No mirror necessary. I’ll definitely buy more of these, maybe Very Victoria will be next.

on 9/20/2018 5:16:00 PM

I like this formula better than the one used in the KISSING lipsticks. This applies nicely, has pretty packaging, and wears off gracefully.

This earned an extra star over KISSING because it wears longer than that formula. I can drink my coffee and the lipstick maintains itself for a few hours. Whereas when I use the other formula, all lipstick is gone within two gulps and I can’t justify high price tags on lipsticks that wear off so quickly.

Would I repurchase? Probably not, but I don’t regret having spent the money as I do with the other formula. If people wanted to buy this as a splurge, I don’t think you would be disappointed as long as you go in realistically and know there are other products I personally own that perform similarly to this for cheaper.

Lipsticks and what people want from them are such a personal choice so if this has the qualities you want, go for it! It is in no way a bad product, just not my preference.

on 7/27/2018 4:50:00 PM

Texture and application of the lipstick is very smooth. Colour rubs off a little bit when drinking liquids but the colour still stays on lips quite nicely and stayed on until I reapplied after lunch. Works well with a lipliner. The packaging gives a very luxurious vibe but the cost is quite high regular price. I would suggest waiting for their sale either online or in department stores like Nordstrom.

on 6/14/2018 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I own both Bond Girl and Pillow Talk. What a great and unique formula: a very smooth, moisturizing texture, AND still matte! I prefer matte lipsticks over any other, but I hate how some formulas dry out my lips. These lipsticks feel really nice, not drying at all, and have opaque color with one swipe. They are long lasting (but not transfer proof) and wear off in a nice, flattering way (no grainy lines or gunk in the corners of my mouth). After eating lunch, I can touch up or apply some lip balm, smooth my lips together and have a more sheer wash of color for the rest of the day.
The packaging is beautiful and luxury; it has a nice weigth to it. I like that the top is angular but not pointy, for precise application. It is expensive, but I will happily buy again since I love them so much.

on 4/23/2018 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a superb lipstick, a matte that feels luxurious, not dry. I was trying out different lipsticks in Bloomingdales and didn't realize this was matte because it is so hydrating. I got Lost Cherry, which is an unusual shade. It is just in between warm and cool and it is vibrant. I had tried samples of Tilbury foundation before and thought meh, maybe her brand isn't that wonderful, but now that I've bought this fabulous lipstick I'll definitely check out other products in the line. If you like warm lipsticks but find many orange shades kind of "scream" at you, check out this Lost Cherry. I have a lot of lipsticks but not one that is close to this unusual, beautiful shade. Bonus: The tip is sculpted in a high end way that makes this lipstick extra special!

on 4/15/2018 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have the shade very Victoria and this is a Taupey shade that looks more like a pinky nude on the lips; I think this looks different on everyone so it’s hard to describe the color. The color payoff is sheerer than bite or nars, but it’s so buildable and soft on the lips. It’s neither hydrating nor drying and you do have to reapply throughout the day. This is one of the few items in the Charlotte tilbury line that I think is reasonably priced, but I also wouldn’t say this lipstick is an absolute necessity either. The packaging isn’t as luxurious as nars, but it’s so pretty and classy looking.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was surprised to read about people finding this drying- I guess everyone is different! I've got super problematic lips (mattes are pretty much a no-go for me in general and the amount of lip oil I buy is ridiculous) but I found this really comfortable to wear. I chose 'Birkin brown' in store which is a lovely brown/red colour- oddly it looks more brown online than it does on me, but it is still nice and deep. It lasted a reasonable amount of time- Not as much as a liquid matte certainly, but it's not super slippery either. It's almost like a 'soft matte', I think I'd describe it as?
All in all, this is a new favorite of mine.