Charlotte Tilbury Eyeshadow Quads - All

3.6

on 11/10/2018 10:09:00 PM

I love those!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have two of these quads- The Sophisticate and Pillow Talk. Since the latter was LE, I will focus on Sophisticate. I’m very fond of Charlotte’s matte eyeshadows so I was curious about her all matte quad. The name is perfect- it’s very elegant and the application is effortless. You can do a neutral day look or a dramatic smokey eye with this. Versatile. The textures are soft and do kick up a bit in pan but they blend so easily. Although I tend to favor warm tones, I enjoy these shades as they are different than other palettes that I don’t own but aren’t so cool that they make me look sickly. Great quad.

I have Glamour Muse, it was a gift.

The packaging is nice, it looks like something special.

I like the flexibility. You can easily get a day-time and a night-time look by just missing out a shade, and the three matte shades are gorgeous colours. The token shimmery shade is a purple/magenta which is just too full-on for me and even when I've tried it it doesn't seem to come out of the pallette when i sweep my brush over it, I feel like i have to almost dig in to get it out of the pan, and then it doesn't come off the brush and onto my skin.

Overall not worth the price.

on 5/13/2018 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Got this in Dolce Vita. Have to say the colours are lovely and very pigmented. Packaging is quite meh, no brushes or anything considering the price.

The problem is that this eyeshadow literally 'melted' within about 1 hour of applying it. Never had a problem with any other eyeshadow; always use an eyeshadow primer and setting spray. As soon as I applied this is beginning creasing and smudging away until all the colours had effectively merged into one. Although its pigmented it can be very patchy too and quite hard to blend. There a much better and cheaper eyeshadow palettes.

on 2/1/2018 5:09:00 PM

I have a few golden godess, uptown girl and dolce vita . I love the consistency I don't mind the packaging I don't expect a brush id use a proper brush anyhow, an at £42 the packaging is better than a high street not as good as £100 a shot palette so that's fine. What my issue is I find the actual eyeshadow quite irritating my eyes itch mainly with the dolce vita palette. I get itchy red eyes an after I take it off my eye lids are sore does anyone else find this? Its not the glitter shadow just the normal base shade ??? Does anyone else have this issue

on 11/17/2017 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I purchased the rebel palette because I already have so many browns and gold and I want to try new, fun colours. When I got this I was amazed! The colour selection is beautiful, the colors reflect gold which is amazing. Pigmintation is out of this world and they are pretty easy to work with, they last long. But the don't apply well with dry brushes, you gotta use your fingers or wet your brush. There is a little fall out but that doesn't bother me, I just wanted to throw it out there so y'all know.& Looks amazing on olive skin

I got Golden Goddess (& Sophisticate is on the way so YES! to rebuy!!) GG is a mix of brown shimmery tones w 1 Matte darker warm brown & I love it it's quickly become my fave quad out of the zillions i own Chanel etc & palettes like Urban Decay/MAC & singles this blows the competition out of the water. Long wearing velvety shades not too trendy for me basic neutral shades that most people may already own but for me this is a new twist on a classic. I would also like to get Dolce Vita. #winning

Beautiful and seductive packaging (as with everything from Charlotte Tilbury) but ultimately lacking in quality. I had a $50 Nordstrom gift card and wanted to treat myself to a luxury eyeshadow palette for the fall -- the Dolce Vita palette from CT seemed like the perfect acquisition due to the warm, sultry, autumnal shades. At first I thought I loved them because after all Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadows are very pricey and how could they be anything other than amazing right? Well about two weeks later I got my hands on the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette and that totally blew these out of the water. ABH Modern Renaissance is intensely pigmented and stays on all day whereas Dolce Vita faded and was barely visible after five hours. This eyeshadow quad is WAY too expensive to perform in mediocre fashion. Ended up returning it and getting two CT lipsticks instead (Bond Girl and Kim K). Now those may just be worth the price tag!

on 7/16/2016 12:34:00 AM

I bought the Dolce Vita palette from Beautylish.com. The delivery is superb and the delivery packaging is so sturdy and my products all came in great condition.

Ok, back to the palette review. First of all, the packaging of this palette is average. Not as extravagant as Tom Ford. But the colour of the case is nice. However, on the inside the gold plastic is cheap and my fingerprints gets all over the place.

Next, having made $52 for a palette, I did not get any mini brush or travel pouch for the eyeshadow quad! This is essential during travelling and for touch ups! (Suqqu is of similar price range and they can provide supreme squirrel hair brushes as well as a suede pouch for my palette!) Some people mentioned that it is still cheaper than Tom Ford. But come on! The quality is very very different and the price per gram is much more expensive than Tom Ford. At least Tom Ford quad has high quality packaging with 2 mini brushes and applications with a suede pouch that is so soft and smooth.

Lastly, the colours in the quad. Seriously, it is so disappointing! The consistency of the powder is poor. The swatch test was bad, the colours looks patchy (in a single swipe, you could see some areas with more powder and some areas with little colour). The colours are not any unique than those on the market. The glitters are of POOR quality. It CANNOT be compared with Tom Ford! It cannot be compared with any glitters that I have. The glitters fall out is crazy. If you were to brush the lids after applying the glitter, they will fall off COMPLETELY! No kidding. And unlike Tom Ford's "adult glitter", this is like my 5 year old niece's barbie glitter. It gets all over the place other than your eyelids. The quality of the shades are poor. The Zoeva Cocoa blend is much better and the shades are similar.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have The Rebel palette. I love the green colours... Very pigmented, stays all day--doesn't become a muddy colour by the end of the day like other green eyeshadows I've used in the past. I get a lot of comments when I use this quad. Heck, I should be getting comments since I paid $68 CAD for it!

For my Asian sisters who are considering purchasing any of these quads, you DO need an eyeshadow primer!! CT does not have any eyeshadow primer since the 'prime' shadow seems "sufficient" enough as a base [according to CT's videos on Youtube]. I did use this quad WITHOUT an eyeshadow primer ONCE and IT WAS A MESS. I do have oily eyelids..
I use my Urban Decay primer potion and the eyeshadow stays put! So use that primer you have!

Overall, it is a nice product to start with if you're new to the brand (like I am!).