Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed - Moonstone

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed - Moonstone

4.5

on 11/10/2016 5:43:00 PM

I love this highlighter! It's soft, smooth, and applies like a dream. On me it does not accentuate lines or pores. I love the shade itself it goes very well with my skintone. For reference NW20,NARS Monte Blanc, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones. On me it looks so nice I also own Pearl and Opal. I have 2 of the liquids as well so I really like these highlighters. They are soft and delicate but they apply so well and it looks fantastic on the skin. Also it's a great shade for my fellow pale ladies. Love. Recommended!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm not sure what I can say about these highlighters that hasn't been said, so I'm not going to beat a dead horse. Let me just say- I had my sincere doubts about shelling out over $40 with tax on a single highlighter. Not a foundation, or a palette, but a highlighter. Regardless of how much disposable income you're packing, that's a lot to plunk down for a single makeup item.

But hey.. okay.. wow. This highlighter pretty much had me at hello. GORGEOUS golden champagne color payoff with mega shimmer that somehow doesn't emphasize pores or look like a tacky metallic disco ball. A single tap in the pan gives you instant cheekbones- believe me when I say, a dab will do ya, and this will last me a long, long time.

So, moral of the story: Some beauty products aren't worth the hype, or the money. This is one of those rare occasions where instead of kicking myself for spending too much on makeup, I am wondering what I was doing with myself before this came along. If you are on the fence, I can promise you that this is worth every penny and then some!

on 9/27/2016 1:11:00 AM

a lot of times when there is hype surrounding a product, it turns out that no one really knows WHY something got so popular....it just did. Or maybe it just can't live up to all the lofty expectations people perceive it to have. Not the case with Becca highlighters. Not by a long shot.

There is a reason why Becca highlighters are considered the gold standard. They bring whole new meaning to the word "buttery." Oh goodness. It's like slathering yourself in gorgeous, shining cream but in a POWDER SOMEHOW. LOVE!!!!!!!

Moonstone is my favorite shade; but regardless of which color you choose: these highlighters epitomize the "lit from within" look everyone talks about. The effect is so beautiful and out of this world gorgeous without making you look texturized or metallic. You just simply shine and glow like you're some kind of angel. These are a must have for anyone, young or old, any skin type. No settling into pores or fine lines.

The downfall of many highlighters is that it can be tricky to get a high color pay off without looking too "rough" because of the heavily concentrated pigments and shimmer. So many times I will find a highlighter that texturizes my skin, which is disappointing because I don't even have texture issues! (Discoloration, yes lord please help me there. But so far, so good with the overall smoothness of my skin. Oh shoot don't let me jinx this.) um, hello other highlighters, don't give me a problem I don't have, thanks! Becca has my heart for finding that rare, nearly impossible equilibrium of high shine factor without looking gritty. I can't gush over it enough.

A word of caution: and I won't take a lippie off for this because it is, unfortunately, the nature of the beast when it comes to highlighters, especially ones of higher quality because they are the most finely milled. This baby is delicate. It will shatter if you are not careful, or if you travel with it. I like how Becca packaged it in a sturdy, nearly-rubber-nearly metal-case. I feel like they knew this would be an issue and tried to compensate for it. But unfortunately it's a problem I have encountered with basically any and all finely milled powders. I recommend purchasing it in-store, not from a website, and not traveling with it unless you absolutely have to. It's best to leave it safe on your vanity. As a makeup artist I have to pack up and travel with a lot of product and one of my Becca highlighters did break inside of its compact. I can still use it, thankfully, though I must be careful because one shaky move and it's gonna be a glitter explosion....but again, I find no fault with the manufacturer because EVERY high quality powder is at an extremely high risk of doing this and I've had many a highlighter from Dior to Mary Lou do this to me. All the more reason to treat your holy grail products like the precious babies they are, right? ;P

I don't care about the ~$30price tag because if you want the top product, then, well, you usually must pay top dollar. In my humble opinion, 30 or so bucks is a small price to pay for gorgeous glowing skin and a compact that I have still yet to run out of. This could be $60 (and lesser-quality highlighters ARE out there that cost that much....SHAME!) and I would still buy it.

on 1/21/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm a neutral leaning slightly yellow NC20. Moonstone happens to be very flattering on my skin tone...it leaves a subtle golden pearly sheen to my skin. Although I found the quality of The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer good, it was far too golden on me. Moonstone is like a toned down version, because it has more of a pearl colour base. The shimmers are not chunky at all and I like that Moonstone can look subtle or intense depending on how much I apply, unlike the MAC Soft&Gentle which looks too full on regardless of how sparingly I apply. Moonstone goes on really smoothly and lasts all day on my skin. The big downside for me is how expensive this stuff is, around £32 here in the UK.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Becca is the quintessential Australian girls brand. I've been into Becca for ages and done a few reviews on a couple of products. Everything I have tried I have loved. This powder highlight is the only product of the Moonstone colour family that I own. It has a creamy gold base. This lends to the white gold end of the gold spectrum, with the discontinued "Champagne" (not to be confused with Champagne "pop") being a true gold. The formulation of the pressed powders are up there with the best on the market. The proof of this is in the fact that I am sooooo close to hitting pan on this sucker. It provides a glow, not a spec of chunky glitter to be found. The colour is perfect for my NC25/30 skin, and I would guess that it would suit a range of skin tones from NC/NW 15 to about a 35. As compared to Opal, it's more golden toned and paler (with Opal being darker and more pink toned). As compared to Pearl, it's much more warm toned and yellow based (with Pearl being a cool toned white based highlight). Champagne Pop is more warm toned and leans more towards a true gold.

The packaging is beautiful, heavy and solid to hold which is pretty important because the product is so fragile. The price is high but you get what you pay for with this highlight, it sells for $66 AU at Sephora (Adore beauty sell for about 10 dollars less). In comparison to some other brands:
UD naked illuminating powder is $45 and it's a glitter ball hot mess with no pigment and is just a chunky glitter mess masquerading as a highlight
Hourglass Luminous Light is $66 aswell but is much more subtle, still beautiful but it's also a tad darker and more on the line of Opal.
Mac Soft and Gentle is around $50 and in my opinion the quality is terrible. Chunky and glittery, such a mess that will leave you looking stank.

All in all Becca Moonstone is a no brainer for pale to medium skin tones. If you want to spend money on a highlight, then do it here.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this, must have. I've used lots of highlighters over the years, this is my favourite. Especially in winter. It's soft, glowy and if you apply with a light hand, natural.

I used a large, square shaped brush. I swipe along the broad part of my upper check, starting from the middle of my eye, up over my cheek and then swipe on my forehead and then brow bone area. (I'm probably not describing this well!). I then swipe a bit down my nose, super thin, cupids bow and that tiny bit under the fullest part of my lower lip. I don't find adding to the inner corners of my eyes works for me, but, a very small thin line on the lower lash line until the middle of the eye is great. Light hand. Then blend.

It's the easiest of all highlighters I've purchased to apply, which seems counter intuitive, but us true! It's smooth and creamy and I feel like I get good control for a sheer wash of colour that I can build for evenings.

on 11/14/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is a daily use for me. It blends beautifully and is amazing for multi-use! You can use it on the cheekbones, inner corners as a highlight, etc. It is well worth the price and I will definitely be repurchasing!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Becca gets a lot of hype for their highlighters. But they really are great, and they look really pretty on.

So which should you get? Liquid, pressed, or poured?
I currently have the liquid in pearl. I think the liquid versions have the least amount of "glitter' in them. (although the glitter is quite fine, and doesn't appear glittery on the skin in any of the formulas) The liquid is a little better if you want something more subtle, because you can layer it under foundation too. (or mix it with foundation, if you like the glowy type of look)

I also have the pressed in Moonstone. I am in LOVE with the pressed formula. It goes on so easily, and you can really build it up, or sheer it out. (although it's a bit easier to overdo it with the pressed formula)

I haven't tried the poured, but I believe it is something in between the two, a creamier type powder.

What color should you get if you are pale?
My summer tan color has been NW20. The Opal sample I received actually looked really nice on my skin, and I used it all. But with my tan fading fast, moonstone was a perfect choice. (typically around NW10-15 in Winter) Initially I was afraid this would be too yellow for my cool-toned skin, but it really looks great. It is neutral and sheer enough that I think both cool and warm tones could easily wear.

I did read that they are going to release Pearl in the pressed formula sometime next Spring. Honestly, I think that might be too white, that it would be quite stark against the skin. I am super happy with Moonstone.

on 9/7/2015 10:56:00 AM

I am honored to be the first reviewer in my age range for this gem. I am an NW15-20, and am new to highlighters. I previously shied away from them because I was under the impression they just accentuated pores, like it does on some YT beauty gurus who are a lot younger than I am. I had tried a couple of them in the past, like TheBalm Mary Loumanizer, which I hated. But then recently, I saw how beautiful it can look if it's applied properly, and with the right product. Soft and Gentle by MAC was my first purchase, and I have been very happy with it, but I still wanted this one, even though I was under the mistaken impression that they were too similar. So I finally took the plunge and purchased this. It is a pale creamy color, and I really love it. It is so pigmented that I was actually able to test it in the store by applying it with my finger. I don't use a dense brush with it, because it would be easy to overdo it. It was expensive, no question ($38) but it was worth the splurge.

on 8/5/2015 4:35:00 PM

Ohhhh my goodness me ladies, if you don't own this highlighter, you need it in your life!!
I had tried numerous highlighters and liked a few of them but I never loved them, this highlighter was a complete game changer for me! It is absolutely stunning!! I'm not a glitter or sparkle kind of girl so this product is ideal! It gives the most gorgeous shimmer in the whole world! I have extremely pale skin and my friend has very tanned skin, she also loves it! It's an all rounder. Sooo highly pigmented! I have nothing but adoration for this! You will not regret buying this, I promise!