Maybelline The Nudes

3.4

I happened across this while shopping at Harmon's inside BBB this weekend. This is a new 12-pan nude palette by Maybelline and I believe it's part of their new fall offerings but some stores seem to be getting in stock to test the waters. I was able to snatch up the last one, so far it looks like the test market is hot.

I played around with this over the weekend and created a number of looks and like most Maybelline eyeshadows, there are some that are better quality than others.

The palette is a nice sized 12-pan palette and the pans are much larger than the 8-pan palettes that fit in the palm of my hand. The price on this one was $10.79 or somewhere in that range, definitely less than $12 bucks. The pans are fairly large so you are looking at less than a buck per pan. The palette consists of 5 matte shades and 7 shimmers. The mattes were a bit too chalky for my taste and I found them hard to apply and blend, they blended down very muddy and splotchy. The shimmers on the other hand were smooth to apply and blend and created some very nice looks.

I am going to continue to play with this palette and think using a domed eyeshadow brush may prove better for applying and blending the mattes rather than packing the color on with a flat brush and blending down with one of my tapered blending brushes. I definitely think the 7 shimmer colors in this palette are worth it's price alone, even if the mattes continue to disappoint.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this from Target a couple weeks ago. It contains 12 shades, several matte, and mostly shimmer shades. I believe it was around the 10$ price point. I immediately swatched the colors and omg, they are gorgeous!! This is not a match to a naked palette (UD), in quality, as these are not as velvety feeling, or as highly pigmented, but it is a darn good palette for 10$!! It comes in a nice sturdy case, and there is a double sided applicator provided (which i throw away). It has great base shades, and there are a couple that do pack a decent punch as far as payoff goes! no fallout which is different from my naked 2 palette. My look when using this palette did last all day but keeping in mind i use m UD primer. The colors were easy to work with and blend, and compliment each other well.
I am excited that a drugstore brand came out with an actual Palette, and not just like a quad.. its awesome, and I hope that more drugstore brands start following suit! All in all, this is a dream to have in my collection, and I will get LOTS of use out of it.*another thing to mention, it does provide different look ideas using coordinating shades on the back of the palette :)

This is an excellent palette and great value for the money!There are beautiful taupes,browns,a lovely gold and bronzish shade as well as a few lighter highlight shades.All of the shades were well pigmented for me,but I do have very light skin so that may make a difference for some.There was no shadow fallout and they are long lasting.All in all a great everyday palette and wonderful for travel.I found mine at Ulta for $9.99(grabbed the last one on display)but a friend of mine found one at CVS for $12.99.If you are looking for this one call your local Ulta and ask if they have it or will be getting it in and have one put on hold for you because I think hey are selling fast!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought this at Harmon's for $9.79. Bed, Bath and Beyond will have it soon for around same price point. Great kit. It's about time a drugstore line made a palette -especially with nude colors. Thank you Maybelline! Not the same quality as UD Nakeds or Lorac Unzipped, but fine for the price. Shadows last with an eye shadow base.

mehhh....This is the same formulation as the color sensational quads, which I'm not really a fan of. The shadows are a bit dry and spotty with pigmentation. The shimmers are better than the mattes and satins, but I still have to pack on several layers to build it up. They don't blend that well and even though there are a few 'blending' crease shades in the palette, I resort to using a different palette because I can't get enough pigmentation or it's extremely patchy on the lids. This is a decent option for someone starting out with makeup and cannot afford the higher end naked/neutral/natural palettes but not worth it for me.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is an alright product. Great price for 12 shadows, unlike high class brands that cost $40. They are very pretty natural colors and the packaging is very sleek and nice. There does seem to be a bit of fall out and some colors don't blend great. It's a good beginner shadow pallet or natural pallet. I would buy this product again

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Definitely not a eyeshadow to wear without primer, no primer, you pretty much get minimal pigment, and a shimmer.
However, with a primer the matte shadows work better as they get darker, and the white color in the upper lefthand corner is lovely for inner corners. On the back, the instructions for how to place it are very useful for beginners, in total 12 singles, 6 doubles, 4 triples, 3 quads. I like the fact they are arranged in a specific order.
The price is fabulous, and the packaging is sleek, and easy to store. But the fallout is a big no for me, I think they could have spent a little more time on the product quality.
For ten dollars, good buy, but not great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ok so I just got this but I was looking for a smaller version of my NYX smokey collection eye shadows to take for travel because I was not going to bring a whole collection of different eye shadows I don't really need. So I walk into the store CVS and I see it but it's pricey for something that is originally 10-11 dollars they had it for 14 dollars so I ended up using coupons and payed around 10 dollars in total. When I first swatched the eye shadows on my hand some shades were pigmented and others were not. But after trying them out on my own eyes it was so pretty the colors that we're not that pigmented before we're really pigmented and you could tell why the palette was called "the Nudes". I really like this product so far but I think Maybelline could of included a tiny mirror for on the go and a better applicator but overall I think the price which I got it was good because your almost only paying 1 dollar per eyeshadow. Overall I would recommend this product and if I ever ran out would continue to repurchase. Try it out you never know you might like it also!

I never took the plunge into the UD Naked palettes or the other, conceptually similar HE products simply because of the price point. I've dropped and shattered too many Nars eyeshadows over the years than I care to tally and I also discovered that even though some HE products are nicer to apply and more attractively packaged, the final result between the drugstore and HE looks is indistinguishable on me. Plus, there are always one two shadows in a palette that I will never use.

So, enter this Maybelline palette for $13 at CVS. I was sold on it after reading the back panel, which indicates how the shadows can be used as doubles, trios or quads - Maybelline put some thought into how the shadows are arranged! Nice. Plus, the colors are clearly grouped into warm, cool and bronzy tones - it's great to have three neutral options on hand on a busy morning. I have blue eyes and NC25 skin (neutral), and every single one of the shadows and shadow combinations works on me, but I suspect this palette will suit everyone because it's so versatile. I've used it consecutively for about 10 days now with a primer and couldn't be more pleased. With the primer, the shadows do last all day.

The pigmentation is a bit weaker than what you'd expect from HE brands but I don't care - I just add a tad more shadow if I need to and it looks great. I think the pigmentation is just fine, even in the matte shades. I should also add that there is no crazy glitter or over the top shimmer - this is perfectly appropriate and tasteful for work.

The packaging is attractive and perfect for travel, the shadows are nicely sized and price point can't be beat. I highly recommend this - best MU purchase in a long long time. Go get it! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I picked up this a couple of weeks ago because it a neutral pallet... At the drugstore .... And there was only one left. I thought maybe I should hold off and read some reviews but I. Know it takes my local walmart forever and a day to restock, because they don't give a damn about my needs to have everything Now. How dare they. They also have the cheapest price for just about everything so I went ahead and picked it up. Decent. Ya I'd say decent would be the right word. Nothing that will make you want to throw all you other neutrals in the toilet, but nice to have bc I know we all have to have every color of every brand even if we already have 3...Maybe just me ? but ok. They have an ok texture not super hard nor buttery. They do blend well, but if you want real pigment you need to use a primer. The first day my husband pointed out the upper left hand highlight shade and said " ohh pretty" so I took a closer look and it is an " ohh pretty" iridescent sparkle. I can see this living on the inner corner of my eye, going to have to evict the previous owner though.some of these do have some fall out, and the " black" is a little disappointing not so much I won't use it, but hey most products are not perfect. I think this would be amazing for someone starting out in the game trying to move up the ranks and build street creed. If you already have the pallets that cost an arm and a leg,ehhh maybe skip this. But if your a hoarder like me, and have some of the better ones then this is not going to kill your wallet or make the other jealous and you can create beautiful looks for everyday. The packaging is better than most it feels sturdy and looks beautiful and sleek with a window that let's me admire the pretty colors every time I look to my vanity. Which is a lot. For 10 bucks it's quality.