La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid SPF50+

La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid SPF50+
Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid SPF50+

3.5

AQUA / WATER DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ALCOHOL DENAT. GLYCERIN DIMETHICONE ISOHEXADECANE BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE OCTOCRYLENE SILICA DROMETRIZOLE TRISILOXANE ISONONYL ISONONANOATE ZEA MAYS STARCH / CORN STARCH C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER ETHYLHEXYL TRIAZONE PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE BIS-ETHYLHEXYLOXYPHENOL METHOXYPHENYL TRIAZINE ISODODECANE PHENOXYETHANOL ISOPROPYL LAUROYL SARCOSINATE TEREPHTHALYLIDENE DICAMPHOR SULFONIC ACID SILICA SILYLATE LAURYL PEG/PPG-18/18 METHICONE PEG-8 LAURATE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL TRIETHANOLAMINE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE TOCOPHEROL DISODIUM EDTA DODECENE PROPYLENE CARBONATE POLOXAMER 407 ZINC GLUCONATE PERLITE No parabens Non-perfumed

on 10/23/2017 5:52:00 PM

Made in France- the best for melasma. I buy online from reputable sellers on EBay, for years now.
Zinc oxide on the beach didn’t allow tanning, but melasma got darker.
I wear this sunscreen when windsurfing, no hat or sunglasses, falling a lot. Melasma doesn’t get darker and I don’t tan. I put dermablend foundation and powder (to look nice) on top, and water just beads off my face. Does not get into eyes. The rest of me is in a wetsuit. Out all day on water, no reapplication, take it off at night, no breakouts, no tan, no melasma spread. Some nights I was too tired to wash face, just slept in it...no problem. Talk about grungy.
Been using this before the debate about chemical sunscreens making melasma darker. I found article that said zinc also traps heat, in study, so I don’t believe the concern. For me, zinc doesn’t block UVA enough, (I guess, at the beach, I’d have to look completely white faced and reapply constantly) and US sunscreens don’t have to disclose UVA protection factor, which is close to zero?
I wash face with soap that strips oil off, then put this on as base. The UVA screen has to penetrate skin. Also, this way it’s not greasy. I wait till it’s dry, then put on foundation and powder. There are some stores online which sell the non perfumed version.
I wouldn’t use on skin compromised by retin-a etc. due to stinging...but then again, I used retin-a for melasma and my hair fell out...another story...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this from Australia. I don't know if the formulation is the same across the world or not..

This is my current HG sunscreen at the moment. I don't experience any breakout when using this when I travel, everyday for a week. Usually I'm mostly stay at home so I don't use this everyday, except when I travel/going outside. I use this as my last step of skincare.

Pros:
- lightweight
- great protection at SPF 50+
- small & thin bottle size. Convenient for travelling
- not causing breakouts. Yes! There's several whiteheads present but with proper cleansing & exfoliation, it doesn't matter anymore..

Cons:
- sting my eyes
- a bit greasy for a while. But when fully absorbed it leaves satiny finish
- in my skin it's slow to absorb (if I really use 1/4tsp) so I can't do my makeup immediately
- smell of alcohol and I can smell of chemical too (sunscreen smell?)
- not available in my country

Repurchase: Yes
I'll stick with LRP Anthelios Ultra Light Fluid until I find something better than this :)

on 5/28/2017 8:32:00 PM

I bought this on sale for $25 instead of $34 at shoppers drug mart yesterday. it has to go back. it made me break out in a million tiny pimples. i looked like a greasy, bumpy oily mess. depressing!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am amazed that this product has such a loyal following. I used this just twice and immediately broke out all over my face in small painful pimples. Particularly painful are those smattered all over my forehead.

Though the breakout is horrendous enough, the product itself which seemed nice in consistency turned out to be very difficult to spread.

I can't help but wonder if there are a few different than formulations going around, because the reviews seem so mixed.

Steer clear if you're even remotely prone to breakouts or sensitivity.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I like the texture, not very sticky. easy to apply. Provides great protection. Sits well with makeup on top. Only qualms is that starts to flake esp when u rub ur face in the day or put makeup on with beauty blender. It gives a slightly shiny sheen on face, but it doesnt bother me so much as i normally put makeup over .

on 5/27/2017 6:04:00 PM

It's not too bad under makeup, I enjoyed it for maybe a week, it protects well. But then it broke me out like crazy - tiny pimples all over the face.
Also I wish there was no perfume, it's incredibly obnoxious.

on 5/18/2017 7:18:00 AM

The best sunscreen. This pertains to the European version with mexoryl XL. It was far superior to the American version without Mexoryl.

Slightly oily but not nearly as bad as most, the fluid texture melts into the skin and it's very very light. You are supposed to use at least 1/4 teaspoon with any sunscreen (measure it out, it's more than you think). The light texture makes it easier to do so than if it were a thick cream. Even protects against any tanning in Hawaii.

on 5/24/2017 3:19:00 PM

I've got dry-combination skin with oily t-zone.
Unfortunately, this broke me out. I also experienced piling with it..
The texture is a thin/light fluid, slightly oily and leaves a white-cast.
I much prefer the LRP melt-in cream that I've been using for several years now - no break outs, no piling, but a slight white cast that I would tolerate. I use Clarins Moisture Surge beneath.

This product was invisible but within an hour or so of wearing it my face was very oily and was not easy to wear under makeup. The reason I discontinued using this sunscreen was actually because my face became very congested when wearing it.
Still looking for my HG sunscreen.

on 4/5/2017 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Best Sunscreen Ever!!! My Holy Grail Sunscreen

I am an african woman with a dark complexion (basically I'm black) and I absolutely love this sunscreen! I had been on a hunt for years to find a facial sunscreen for my sensitive acne prone skin that is fragrance free, non-greasy, doesn't clog my pores and doesn't leave a white cast on my dark skin and finally I have found that sunscreen. My search for the perfect sunscreen ends here with this La Roche Posay Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid SPF 50+. This sunscreen is so ultra light weight, absorbs very easily into the skin without much effort and applies easily and smoothly on the skin without leaving behind a greasy film or shine that comes with many sunscreens. And I love love that it is fragrance free. It does not irritate my super sensitive skin despite having Alcohol denat. as one of its top ingredients I guess due to the other ingredients in the product. It is so light weight in consistency that I can wear it under my moisturiser without any issues. Overall it is just a very well formulated facial sunscreen perfect for those with sensitive, combination skin. I never understood for the life of me why skin care lines always feel the need to add fragrance to their skin care products. Anyway because of this sunscreen now I am tempted to try other products in the La Roche Posay Line geared towards sensitive skin..I couldn't be more happier with this sunscreen. Definately no cons from me with this sunscreen