La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid SPF50+

La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid SPF50+
Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid SPF50+

3.5

AQUA / WATER DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ALCOHOL DENAT. GLYCERIN DIMETHICONE ISOHEXADECANE BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE OCTOCRYLENE SILICA DROMETRIZOLE TRISILOXANE ISONONYL ISONONANOATE ZEA MAYS STARCH / CORN STARCH C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER ETHYLHEXYL TRIAZONE PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE BIS-ETHYLHEXYLOXYPHENOL METHOXYPHENYL TRIAZINE ISODODECANE PHENOXYETHANOL ISOPROPYL LAUROYL SARCOSINATE TEREPHTHALYLIDENE DICAMPHOR SULFONIC ACID SILICA SILYLATE LAURYL PEG/PPG-18/18 METHICONE PEG-8 LAURATE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL TRIETHANOLAMINE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE TOCOPHEROL DISODIUM EDTA DODECENE PROPYLENE CARBONATE POLOXAMER 407 ZINC GLUCONATE PERLITE No parabens Non-perfumed

on 5/28/2017 8:32:00 PM

I bought this on sale for $25 instead of $34 at shoppers drug mart yesterday. it has to go back. it made me break out in a million tiny pimples. i looked like a greasy, bumpy oily mess. depressing!

on 5/27/2017 6:04:00 PM

It's not too bad under makeup, I enjoyed it for maybe a week, it protects well. But then it broke me out like crazy - tiny pimples all over the face.
Also I wish there was no perfume, it's incredibly obnoxious.

on 5/24/2017 3:19:00 PM

I've got dry-combination skin with oily t-zone.
Unfortunately, this broke me out. I also experienced piling with it..
The texture is a thin/light fluid, slightly oily and leaves a white-cast.
I much prefer the LRP melt-in cream that I've been using for several years now - no break outs, no piling, but a slight white cast that I would tolerate. I use Clarins Moisture Surge beneath.

on 5/18/2017 7:18:00 AM

The best sunscreen. This pertains to the European version with mexoryl XL. It was far superior to the American version without Mexoryl.

Slightly oily but not nearly as bad as most, the fluid texture melts into the skin and it's very very light. You are supposed to use at least 1/4 teaspoon with any sunscreen (measure it out, it's more than you think). The light texture makes it easier to do so than if it were a thick cream. Even protects against any tanning in Hawaii.

This product was invisible but within an hour or so of wearing it my face was very oily and was not easy to wear under makeup. The reason I discontinued using this sunscreen was actually because my face became very congested when wearing it.
Still looking for my HG sunscreen.

on 4/5/2017 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Best Sunscreen Ever!!! My Holy Grail Sunscreen

I am an african woman with a dark complexion (basically I'm black) and I absolutely love this sunscreen! I had been on a hunt for years to find a facial sunscreen for my sensitive acne prone skin that is fragrance free, non-greasy, doesn't clog my pores and doesn't leave a white cast on my dark skin and finally I have found that sunscreen. My search for the perfect sunscreen ends here with this La Roche Posay Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid SPF 50+. This sunscreen is so ultra light weight, absorbs very easily into the skin without much effort and applies easily and smoothly on the skin without leaving behind a greasy film or shine that comes with many sunscreens. And I love love that it is fragrance free. It does not irritate my super sensitive skin despite having Alcohol denat. as one of its top ingredients I guess due to the other ingredients in the product. It is so light weight in consistency that I can wear it under my moisturiser without any issues. Overall it is just a very well formulated facial sunscreen perfect for those with sensitive, combination skin. I never understood for the life of me why skin care lines always feel the need to add fragrance to their skin care products. Anyway because of this sunscreen now I am tempted to try other products in the La Roche Posay Line geared towards sensitive skin..I couldn't be more happier with this sunscreen. Definately no cons from me with this sunscreen

on 12/13/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This broke me out like nobody's business. Like right away after 2 days of use. And I haven't broken out from any of the higher end SS like vichy, eucerin, avene, etc.

I wasn't a huge fan of how it felt on the skin either. It just sat there like a greasy layer.

I'll give it to a friend who swears by it but I am very disappointed :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After reading reviews and my current fav sunscreen (PC Super light spf30) being out of stock for a long time in my current country, I decided to give this one a go. What a disappointment! Felt greasy on the skin, stung around my eyes and gave a horrible polka dot effect under my make up. I tried again with a primer over it, same. I had to wash off straight away. I will not stray away from Paula's choice sunscreens again!! Hopefully I can wear this on my neck, chest and back of hands to get rid of it!!

At first I liked this product, now after testing it for 2 months my opinion has changed. :(
Pros:
- extremely lightweight, fast absorbing formula,
- does not leave white cast,
- high SPF factor- good protection against uv rays,
- can be applied under makeup,
- non-sticky.

Cons:
- alcohol denat is the third (!) ingredient- in the long run it may damage your skin,
- one bottle lasts for not more than a month (if you apply it every day),
- even for a sunscreen- rather unpleasant smell,
- it broke me out (three times) after a week of everyday use.

To be honest I think there are better sunscreens around.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was torn between this, Vichy and Garnier. I'm so glad I picked this for my oily skin. This is the best sun protection you are going to get for oily skin. It's fragrance free and ultra light so my makeup doesn't turn shiny or slide off my face half way through the day. It doesn't feel sticky like most sunscreens I've used in the past or break me out. Make sure to give it a good shake before use.