Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin

Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin

2.7

Titanium Dioxide (1.53). Other: Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Silica, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone / Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Panthenol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Acrylonitrile / Methyl Methacrylate / Vinylidene Chloride, Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Paraffin, Copper Gluconate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Should be called Worse Skin Foundation - I returned it within 2 hours of application. It looked cakey in certain spots, & those spots itched all day. Oh, and boy was I shiny. I even skipped my last few errands of the day so I could go home & wash it off.

I gave this foundation 2 lippies because the packaging is great - love the pump - and GOOD on Maybelline for not making the lightest shade of this foundation too pink, which is common.

As for performance alone, this foundation could have been so great ... had it just been great.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

My first foundation!
I mean I used BB cream before but I thought that this product might be lighter than the anothers. It's absolutely NOT. It made me feel so heavy on my face even my uncle said that also lmao. It's not a good choice for acne-prone and oily skin. I think this product is nice for dry skin because it gives you a dewy look but Don't forget to apply it lightly!

To Read all 74 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/1/2016 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Decent drugstore foundation. Got on ebay for $8. The cap won't stay on so I'd be careful traveling. Great formula and coverage, isn't really transfer resistant for me. I have very oily skin and I find this comes off when I blot my face. I can get it all off with just a baby wipe to my face. It won't come off my makeup brushes, though! Easy to blend, lightweight feeling with medium coverage. Good for everyday wear. I don't notice it making my skin better as it claims but at least it doesn't make it worse. I'd buy again but it's not hg product, I'm still looking for a true transfer resistant foundation!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm totally not understanding the mixed reviews for this product, but likely it comes down to skin type--because I LOVE this foundation. Seriously HG territory.

Background/skin type: I'm 36 with decent skin overall, but starting to have some good-sized lines under my eyes and on my forehead. I stopped eating cheese a few weeks ago and now my acne is gone (try the no-cheese test if you have acne, it might be your miracle), so I don't know if it will break others out. I've had serious melasma/dark spots on my cheeks and forehead for years that are damned-near impossible to cover. I have combo skin--oily t-zone but generally manageable with good moisturizers and powder on top of foundation. I'm blond and pretty pale, and use the Classic Ivory shade in this line.

OK so this foundation...ZOMG it covers my dark spots with one swipe! Seriously, I *almost* don't even need concealer after that bc IT'S THAT GOOD. I still use a bit of concealer to completely cover up the spots, but really, this shit is amazing. I've tried so many high and low end foundations and I've never had coverage like this. The feeling of the product is light-as-air and sets to a powdery and smooth finish, like nothing on my skin at all but then I look in the mirror to realize MY DARK SPOTS ARE COVERED, and day-um Daniel! Definitely prefer application with a beauty blender for flawless finish; haven't tried a brush bc the BB was so good. It also helped smooth the fine lines under my eyes, and with a bit of powder they were much minimized. There is no spf, but seriously, you know you MUST USE AN SPF in addition to your foundation right!? Don't rely on your foundation, and apply sunscreen throughout the day if you're anywhere near the sun. *TIP*: Get the Supergoop spf 50 makeup setting spray with spf 50 and spray that on all day for mattifying + sunscreen.

At the end of the day: This product is AWESOME, and after many hours of wear my skin was a bit oily, but it read as dewy rather than an oil slick and still looks damn good.

And finally: The Better Skin concealer is also the bomb, and I just discovered the matching powder, and seriously the combination is like MAGIC for my skin. All my (skin) problems are literally covered up, woot!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this foundation 2 weeks ago from my local walmart when it was on sale for 6.99 Canadian dollars. I decided to try it out since I used to use the previous super stay foundation which I really loved. This is the only drugstore foundation I have at home and I find it so similar to some higher end foundations like make up for ever's ultra HD foundation. But I never applied it during work days. Because it's so weird that sometimes it lasted up until 10 hours but sometimes 6 or 7 hours was the maximum. I am still using it if i am hanging out with my friends and families. But it's not my go to foundation. PS: I don't like the glass bottles for foundations.

on 5/25/2016 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 3
Price: 3 ($12.99 CAD at Walmart)
Packaging: 4
Buy again: yes

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought this because I saw ItsJudyTime and Sammage did a first impressions video on it on youtube. I have the shade 50 Neutral Beige. I am Chinese with a light to medium warm-olive undertone and freckles on my cheeks. I am oily skinned, prone to breakouts.

I picked Neutral Beige because I'm the same shade in Maybelline's Fit Me foundation - However, Neutral Beige in this line is WAY dark. Like 2 shades too dark. So, fail on Maybelline on that one - why are their colours named the same, but different in their own lines?

Coverage:
I personally like light-medium coverage. I don't like full coverage foundations as I find they often look cakey and mask-like, and don't look like skin. This foundation has light-medium buildable coverage. I sometimes have breakouts and redness, so I'm basically looking to even out my skin and then I usually use concealer for any bits poking through. This foundation has great coverage with about 1-2 pumps for the face, depending on how much foundation you like to wear. I use 1 pump mixed with the Maybelline Fit Me (only because the colour is off) for natural looking coverage, and I only need a tiny amount of concealer for the pesky spots.

Feel:
This is really lightweight for how thick the foundation is when it is pumped out of the bottle. It dries to a powdery finish almost, so skin doesn't feel hard or tacky. It almost feels like I'm wearing no makeup with this foundation (I apply with a beauty blender or a synthetic brush). My pores don't feel blocked, and I sometimes forget I have it on. The biggest compliment about how this foundation looks on the skin is I was wearing it one time with my friend (and she's a makeup fiend) and she commented about how nice my skin looked that day. When I told her I was wearing makeup she said she couldn't even tell I had foundation on.

Longevity:
I would say on oily skin, this lasts about maybe 8 hours with a primer and proper setting. This foundation doesn't make claims about how long it should last, but with a name like Super Stay you think it would be longer than 8 hours. I find that for me, I have to blot like every 2 hours, but after blotting it looks great. By the 8 hour mark though, I can see some foundation wearing away around my nose and chin, so not ideal for times where you need to look great all day. I usually wear foundations at work as the ultimate test (I work in a busy ER for 12 hours), but I didn't even bother with this foundation - I mostly wear it when I'm going out or during my days off because I know it won't last my entire workday.

Packaging:
One the the great pluses of this product over other drugstore foundations is the fact that it comes in glass bottle with a pump! So many times drugstore foundations get the short end of the stick with crappy packaging with a giant hole in the top of a bottle which makes it hard to control the amount of product coming out.

Other:
I have very breakout-prone skin, and this doesn't break me out. I don't wear this every day, maybe 1-2x week. I can't speak about the skin transforming properties of this foundation, but it certainly doesn't make my skin worse. There is no sunscreen in this foundation.

All in all, it's not a bad foundation. I really like the finish and feel of this foundation, however the screwed up the colours/naming and it isn't really "superstay".

on 5/21/2016 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Two words: never again.

It dried my skin out like crazy, it oxidizes, the overall finish was blotchy and flakey. Still have the 95% full bottle lying around but I'm affraid I'll have to feed the trash bin with this.

I got this in the new formula, in the square bottle, at Target for $10. I love Smashbox 15hr but hate wearing it every day due to the price. I wear it in shade 2.1, which is basically a light beige. I picked up the Maybelline in Classic Ivory, which seeks to be a fairly good color for me. I also use a light bronzer so warming it up wasn't a problem.

I used a RT sponge, slightly damp, and got amazing coverage. I seemed to pump the bottle about four times, but one pump kind of spit out a small bit so it was more like three pumps. I'm nearly 48 and it covered very well. Definitely medium to full coverage with the damp sponge, no primer, and it settled/diffused into my larger pore areas nicely. I also have the concealer in Light and it was lovely. I set it with my Smashbox Halo powder and finished my makeup.

It's a matte coverage with my setting powder, but there is a bit of a luminosity. Not sure if it's the powder, the foundation or both. I have a few blemishes that needed serious coverage and had no issues with either concealer or foundation. My skin looks flawless. I'm anxious to see how it wears tomorrow at work with a full day, but so far I'm VERY impressed with this product. So nice to see that drug store brands have gotten away from being too pink and have gone into more neutral and warm tones. I almost went back to Revlon Color Stay but I'm glad I didn't. This has better coverage and doesn't set as quickly, leaving time to blend it out properly. Absolutely no scent that I could detect. After three hours it hasn't oxidized or set into my wrinkles, at least not deeply. If it does it appears it would be easy to blend out without losing coverage, whereas my Smashbox tends to really separate, though a swipe of a brush seems to correct that. When I washed my hands after applying, the water beaded up over what was on the back of my hand and it also didn't remove easily with soap and water either. That indicates to me it's going to have some serious staying power. It also hasn't slid off onto the frames of my glasses (which keeps Smashbox as a HG for me).

I think I will definitely purchase this again, and I'll get it at Ulta when they have their BOGO sales. I'd like to get the concealer in Fair and play with it. This covers just as well, if not better, than Smashbox on my skin. Very, very pleased.

The next day...

Wore it to work. Sponge applied over moisturizer. Around the five hour mark I got a little oily in the t-zone. Not unusual at work. It was manageable. Slight settling into the frown lines, also fairly expected. Let's be real here: nothing is infallible. We move. So does makeup. Overall it performed really well. The finish was still amazing when I left for work and I didn't look naked when I got home. A little powder and I was fixed up enough to run errands. This isn't going into the never again pile. I will keep using it as I really like the finished product. My kids said it looked great. Best $10 I've spent in a while.

The colour choices are awful, not all of us have super pink undertones.
As a foundation id say average not bad not good but nothing great about it at all just a regular drugstore foundation

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I would never re-purchase this product. Even when using a beauty blender, the product leaves streaks on my face. People notice when I'm using this foundation for the ridiculously unnatural finish. I have received comments of classmates like -- pearl your face looks super greasy-- which is highly embarrassing.
Also, it transfers to my scarves, shirt necks, and heck, my notebook! (Yes! it's ridiculous, when I touch my face in class and then turn the pages of my notebook ,it leaves a horrid embarrassing orange patch on the paper!)
therefore> NOT SUITABLE FOR COLLEGE.