Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin

Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin
SuperStay Better SkinSuperStay Better SkinSuperStay Better SkinSuperStay Better Skin

3.0

Titanium Dioxide (1.53). Other: Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Silica, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone / Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Panthenol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Acrylonitrile / Methyl Methacrylate / Vinylidene Chloride, Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Paraffin, Copper Gluconate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 5/5/2018 6:49:00 PM

This foundation has gotten me through my finicky skin phase. It is safe for individuals with malassezia follicultis (yeast acne) which also makes it safe for those with seb dermatitis and possibly eczema (depending on the severity). It has never broken me out and feels fine on my skin, it also lasts me all day with little need for touch ups other than around the mouth area. My only con is it doesn’t have the best finish, but I think that’s due to the fact they don’t have a shade that’s my color. I am fair to light with neutral to yellow undertones and I find it to be a bit orangish. Other than that it’s definetly my go-to foundation when my skins acting super sensitive

on 12/30/2017 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

94(Almond) is one of the darker shades but it’s not as dark as it appears. I love the color, finish and it last all day if you use the Superstay Better Skin to set. I got both on sale and just recently started using it. It actually lasted all day.

on 11/16/2017 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not a fan of full coverage foundation. I prefer a more natural 'my skin but better' look as I'm relatively pale skinned, which this is just perfect at achieving (I use shade 005 Light Beige). It applies really nicely with no streaks and it doesn't settle into my pores or the fine lines that I'm just starting to notice around my eyes. I can easily apply a setting powder over the top of it without it looking patchy or cakey, and unlike a lot of other foundations I've tried, it doesn't cling to dry patches either. It's also pretty buildable, at least enough for areas where there's more redness or dark spots like acne scars, which is all I'm really looking for.

In terms of wear, I can easily get a good 7-8 hours out of it without noticing any major differences to my skin. I'm an oily-faced gal anyway, so I don't expect to look perfectly matte for that length of time, but this certainly doesn't increase the amount of shine I would ordinarily see or make it look worse. It's also really easy to remove at the end of the day and I do think it's helped to improve the look of my skin since I've been using it, especially with the redness on my cheeks and chin.

But now the not-so-good. It's taken almost 40 years for me to find a foundation that suits my skin and this is most definitely it. And guess what? They discontinued it in my country!! I can only find this in discount beauty stores or on eBay, which is why I've made sure to stock up because, let's face it, it'll probably take me another 40 years to find a replacement that works as well as this one does. Shame on you Maybelline!!

on 6/20/2017 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you are older and have fine lines and wrinkles, this foundation is horrible. It emphasized my wrinkles terribly. I looked at my face in natural light, and the foundation looked cakey. I had to wash it off. I would not even go out of the house with it on.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This has got to be the best DS color match I've found. I purchased Tan & it does not even look like I'm wearing make up. I do only wear 1 pumps worth tho. It evens out my skin making it look flawless as it covers up my hyperpigmentation scars. It's neither matte nor dewy on my skin, perhaps more of a velvet / blurred type finish. It's a lot more expensive here in Toronto at $14.65 even at Walmart, but I'll re-purchase. P.S. Not sure how it would suit oily skin, but on my combo / dry skin it seems to work out well as it's one of the few that's actually NOT clinging to dry patches.

on 5/15/2017 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

not good. it just doesn't last on my skin and I never had this problem with any foundation ever since I have dry skin and it wears off patchy. Will NOT repurchase

on 4/22/2017 4:41:00 PM

Loved this product i have very fair sensitive skin and so i would buy the ivory 10 which out of any other foundation i ever used this was a perfect match for my skin no streaking no spotted coverage or orange shading not to oily and not to dry also i had sufferd before when using other foundation and found my skin to become sensitive yet when i used this maybelline better skin foundation it really eased my skin no irritation no redness no wearing off throught the day i could wear it all day without having to top it up i even could wear it on its own as it gives a brilliant flawless glowing coverage only down fall now is no one seems to be selling it, stores seem to stopped stocking th and replaced it with the 24hr foundation which i have yet to try but kind of disapointed really as the better skin foundation has only ever been the perfect one for my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

TERRIBLE PRODUCT!! I was in the search of a full coverage foundation with a matte finish, so I picked it up at the store. My first impression was that the packaging was great, since it had a pump compared to the other foundation. Well I gave it a try using an oval brush and it looked extremely bad (pores were super noticable and it looked like a mask). Anywho, the next day I decided to use it with a beauty sponge and it looked a little better, yet still made my pores look huge. After that, It gave my a HUGE ALLERGIC REACTION. My faced stinged, itched and was red all over. I had to go to a dermatologist, and finally after a month my face is back to normal, since I developed some red rashes, It left a light brown scar, but with time it shall fade. Guys, if you have acne prone, sensitive skin, PLEASE stay away from this. Not all products work for everyone.

on 3/9/2017 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Where I buy and What Shade: I'm able to find this pretty easily at any local store that sells cosmetics so that's a plus. The color (Classic Ivory) seems to match my skintone fairly well which can sometimes be hard to do because my undertone can be a little tricky. And the shade selection is pretty good.
Major Claim(s): I noticed an improvement in my skin discoloration once I started using this. But it won't completely change everything for you. You'll still have to have a skin care regimen that works for you first. This does have spf, which I like and try to have in my foundation.
Staying power: I have combo/oily skin and this tends to last on me for about 4 hours til the oiliness will break through in my tzone but the foundation still looks nice and stays all of the workday til I take it off with coconut oil (which I use as a remover no matter what makeup routine). If I blot with a blotting sheet or starbucks napkin everything stays as is and remains matte. I blot again maybe 3-4 hrs later, but this is not unexpected given my skintype.
Application and Coverage: One pump will cover my whole face when I use a damp beautyblender to apply, which I use for nearly every foundation because I find it the easiest and like the coverage it gives. I do notice slight lines after time, around my mouth and nose if I've applied too much, so apply it only in places that need coverage and blend out from there. I've found that with my skin type, I do need to add a powder on top but this is okay, it helps the other powder products blend easier. This has medium Natural looking coverage for me and doesn't really transfer unless of course you blow your nose or wipe at it. But nothing too drastic or noticeable.

Overall: This has been my go to foundation for about 7 months now, I'm on my second bottle and I've recommended this to my sister who has acne prone, dry skin. This is a great everyday natural looking foundation that can work for multiple skin types that I can see myself going back to again and again.

EDIT: I've been trying out a different foundation lately. This one, after a few months of using, has started to look strange on my skin. Almost a little yellow looking and kind of heavier than I would like. I may go back to this in the winter time but for summer it's a little much for the humidity here in Texas. :(

on 2/17/2017 8:38:00 AM

This is the best foundation ever. Looks natural, covers very well., lasts most the day. I feel like some of my old acne scars are slowly fading. I love how theres SPF. If your very fair and have a hard time finding drugstore makeup light enough for you, give this a try