Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin

Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin
SuperStay Better SkinSuperStay Better SkinSuperStay Better Skin

2.9

Titanium Dioxide (1.53). Other: Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Silica, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone / Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Panthenol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Acrylonitrile / Methyl Methacrylate / Vinylidene Chloride, Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Paraffin, Copper Gluconate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 3/9/2017 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Where I buy and What Shade: I'm able to find this pretty easily at any local store that sells cosmetics so that's a plus. The color (Classic Ivory) seems to match my skintone fairly well which can sometimes be hard to do because my undertone can be a little tricky. And the shade selection is pretty good.
Major Claim(s): I noticed an improvement in my skin discoloration once I started using this. But it won't completely change everything for you. You'll still have to have a skin care regimen that works for you first. This does have spf, which I like and try to have in my foundation.
Staying power: I have combo/oily skin and this tends to last on me for about 4 hours til the oiliness will break through in my tzone but the foundation still looks nice and stays all of the workday til I take it off with coconut oil (which I use as a remover no matter what makeup routine). If I blot with a blotting sheet or starbucks napkin everything stays as is and remains matte. I blot again maybe 3-4 hrs later, but this is not unexpected given my skintype.
Application and Coverage: One pump will cover my whole face when I use a damp beautyblender to apply, which I use for nearly every foundation because I find it the easiest and like the coverage it gives. I do notice slight lines after time, around my mouth and nose if I've applied too much, so apply it only in places that need coverage and blend out from there. I've found that with my skin type, I do need to add a powder on top but this is okay, it helps the other powder products blend easier. This has medium Natural looking coverage for me and doesn't really transfer unless of course you blow your nose or wipe at it. But nothing too drastic or noticeable.

Overall: This has been my go to foundation for about 7 months now, I'm on my second bottle and I've recommended this to my sister who has acne prone, dry skin. This is a great everyday natural looking foundation that can work for multiple skin types that I can see myself going back to again and again.

EDIT: I've been trying out a different foundation lately. This one, after a few months of using, has started to look strange on my skin. Almost a little yellow looking and kind of heavier than I would like. I may go back to this in the winter time but for summer it's a little much for the humidity here in Texas. :(

on 2/17/2017 8:38:00 AM

This is the best foundation ever. Looks natural, covers very well., lasts most the day. I feel like some of my old acne scars are slowly fading. I love how theres SPF. If your very fair and have a hard time finding drugstore makeup light enough for you, give this a try

I review mainly foundations and concealers/complexion products for my Youtube channel and instagram, and this is hands down one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. I am in the shade 10 porcelain/ivory, and man oh man did this foundation ever emphasize my pores and fine lines. My concealers also do NOT like blending ontop of this foundation. I have tried it with different primers including Benefit's Porefessional and still has this issue. I don't know what it is about this formula, my pores arent even that bad, but with this on my face I felt self conscious real quick. I had a friend with mature skin try it, and it made her gracefully aging skin look 5++ years older by defining all her wrinkles which brought major attention to them. The foundation itself blends well, but it seems like it WANTS to be medium-full coverage - thing is is it cakes up quick in problem areas like the nose crevasses, smile lines and between the brows. Overall, I really cant think of anything positive to say (and I really don't like being this negative about a product) - there are much better products for the same price that don't look cakey, let your concealer blend seamlessly, and dont make your pores look like craters (even with high-end pore filling primers). Save your money and spend it on a better product in the same price range, IMO.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this stuff about a month ago and I think it's ok. The color is spot on for my face and neck! I try so hard to love this foundation but I just can't love it. It doesn't last on my face as much as I'd like it to. After I put it on, it starts to separate and it sits on the skin funny. The foundation doesn't really have a scent which I like. If this was the only foundation I had, I would use it, but I would choose others over this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Hm. Not the worst foundation ever, offers fantastic full coverage, but the shades are neutral/pink and the foundation wears for max 8 hours before looking like a cakey oil slick, if that's even possible. Not the worst, but also worth passing over.

This has been my go to foundation for about a year now, it matches my skin colour perfectly and doesn't tend to leave a cakey finish, for me it leaves a more subtle look. My skin has been much better since using this product.

I have super dry skin and recently have been breaking out like crazy. I put it on and within an hour I felt like I was breaking out and I had to take it off. I am really struggling to find a foundation for dry skin that has good coverage but doesnt look cakey!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Almost through my bottle, and I've really enjoyed it. I can't say it's made my skin loads better, but it didn't break me out, sits well on my skin, powders blend nicely over it, and BEST OF ALL, there's a color match for my medium warm olive skin! I like that I get medium coverage, it's buildable, and it doesn't feel heavy.

And it comes with a pump, which is a weird thing to be happy about, but here we are.

This product has a matte finish, is light to medium coverage and it feels so light on the skin I forgot that I was wearing foundation. It transfers a little and gets cakey if you try to build it up. Tip: apply it with your fingers in circular motions (like it's a cream) to get a no-cakey finish. I tried with a brush and a sponge but it looked bad.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Warning: This is not for OILY skin

It is unfortunate that this product is getting so much bad reviews. However, I do not blame you ladies. For one, I couldn't see this working for oily skin gals and here's why:

1. This is a very emollient foundation. It reminds me so much of Studio Sculpt Foundation from MAC. It has very gel like consistency and the blendability is just superb.

2. If you are not a fan of primers, this may not work for you. I am currently using Too Faced Prime and Poreless and the results are just amazing. It doesn't settle into lines and pores as others have reported. You need to use a silicone based primer for this foundation to work.

3. It's a high medium foundation. If you are not a fan of full coverage foundation, skip this foundation. The finish is close to natural but you can tell you have makeup on. However....

If you are someone who has dry skin with textural problems i.e. pitted scars this will be your go to drugstore foundation.

I hope this helps. You have been warned :)

P.S. For shade reference, I am NC 20 using 20 Classic Ivory and it is a perfect match.