Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin

Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin
SuperStay Better SkinSuperStay Better SkinSuperStay Better Skin

2.9

Titanium Dioxide (1.53). Other: Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Silica, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone / Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Panthenol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Acrylonitrile / Methyl Methacrylate / Vinylidene Chloride, Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Paraffin, Copper Gluconate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 2/17/2017 8:38:00 AM

This is the best foundation ever. Looks natural, covers very well., lasts most the day. I feel like some of my old acne scars are slowly fading. I love how theres SPF. If your very fair and have a hard time finding drugstore makeup light enough for you, give this a try

I review mainly foundations and concealers/complexion products for my Youtube channel and instagram, and this is hands down one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. I am in the shade 10 porcelain/ivory, and man oh man did this foundation ever emphasize my pores and fine lines. My concealers also do NOT like blending ontop of this foundation. I have tried it with different primers including Benefit's Porefessional and still has this issue. I don't know what it is about this formula, my pores arent even that bad, but with this on my face I felt self conscious real quick. I had a friend with mature skin try it, and it made her gracefully aging skin look 5++ years older by defining all her wrinkles which brought major attention to them. The foundation itself blends well, but it seems like it WANTS to be medium-full coverage - thing is is it cakes up quick in problem areas like the nose crevasses, smile lines and between the brows. Overall, I really cant think of anything positive to say (and I really don't like being this negative about a product) - there are much better products for the same price that don't look cakey, let your concealer blend seamlessly, and dont make your pores look like craters (even with high-end pore filling primers). Save your money and spend it on a better product in the same price range, IMO.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this stuff about a month ago and I think it's ok. The color is spot on for my face and neck! I try so hard to love this foundation but I just can't love it. It doesn't last on my face as much as I'd like it to. After I put it on, it starts to separate and it sits on the skin funny. The foundation doesn't really have a scent which I like. If this was the only foundation I had, I would use it, but I would choose others over this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hm. Not the worst foundation ever, offers fantastic full coverage, but the shades are neutral/pink and the foundation wears for max 8 hours before looking like a cakey oil slick, if that's even possible. Not the worst, but also worth passing over.

This has been my go to foundation for about a year now, it matches my skin colour perfectly and doesn't tend to leave a cakey finish, for me it leaves a more subtle look. My skin has been much better since using this product.

I have super dry skin and recently have been breaking out like crazy. I put it on and within an hour I felt like I was breaking out and I had to take it off. I am really struggling to find a foundation for dry skin that has good coverage but doesnt look cakey!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Almost through my bottle, and I've really enjoyed it. I can't say it's made my skin loads better, but it didn't break me out, sits well on my skin, powders blend nicely over it, and BEST OF ALL, there's a color match for my medium warm olive skin! I like that I get medium coverage, it's buildable, and it doesn't feel heavy.

And it comes with a pump, which is a weird thing to be happy about, but here we are.

This product has a matte finish, is light to medium coverage and it feels so light on the skin I forgot that I was wearing foundation. It transfers a little and gets cakey if you try to build it up. Tip: apply it with your fingers in circular motions (like it's a cream) to get a no-cakey finish. I tried with a brush and a sponge but it looked bad.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Warning: This is not for OILY skin

It is unfortunate that this product is getting so much bad reviews. However, I do not blame you ladies. For one, I couldn't see this working for oily skin gals and here's why:

1. This is a very emollient foundation. It reminds me so much of Studio Sculpt Foundation from MAC. It has very gel like consistency and the blendability is just superb.

2. If you are not a fan of primers, this may not work for you. I am currently using Too Faced Prime and Poreless and the results are just amazing. It doesn't settle into lines and pores as others have reported. You need to use a silicone based primer for this foundation to work.

3. It's a high medium foundation. If you are not a fan of full coverage foundation, skip this foundation. The finish is close to natural but you can tell you have makeup on. However....

If you are someone who has dry skin with textural problems i.e. pitted scars this will be your go to drugstore foundation.

I hope this helps. You have been warned :)

P.S. For shade reference, I am NC 20 using 20 Classic Ivory and it is a perfect match.

on 10/18/2016 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Update***I went away from this foundation for a few months, but decided to try again with a different primer. (Based on the reviews that said a silicone based primer works best with this.) OMG....I had the Monistat powder gel specifically to use as a primer...the results were/are amazing!! If you had any issues with the ability of this foundation to set properly, using a different primer really helps!! I'm back in love :) My oils are controlled completely!!

Also...I'm using the matching powder and matching concealer, plus elf HD powder under my eyes. Love!
----------------------------------------------
This foundation is seriously my favorite of all time. I have olive/tan, acne-prone skin, and I live in humid Florida. I work 12-hour hospital shifts...I ask a lot from my foundation. I'm so glad I gave this foundation a chance!! I loved covergirl's 3 in 1 Stay Fabulous foundation because of the coverage and staying-power, but their color selection didn't offer a shade that came close to my skin tone. I was having to mix...which gets very annoying...This foundation not only lasts through my entire 12 hour ER shift, it looks great! I'm obsessed with how how well it matches my skin, too. I can't tell you how many foundations I've tested in the last few years...each one breaking me out. This one actually has made my skin look better.

I'm amazed, and SO pumped I found my HG at such an affordable price!! Bye, Bare Minerals.

(I use this foundation with E.L.F. powder, E.L.F. setting spray, and super stay concealer. Amazing!)