tinkle eyebrow~face razor

tinkle eyebrow~face razor

4.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a retractable/folding version of this, comes in a 3-pack that I picked up at Winners by Bella Beauty. I never noticed having any facial hair until about one year ago as I began the perimenopause phase of my life and hormones took over with a vengeance. To be honest, I was embarrassed to purchase these and actually try them on my face but figured why shouldn't I give a try? They work well at removing the peach fuzz and both skin care and makeup products apply so much nicer and smoother. The first time I used this razor I was surprised at how well it worked. It can be a little aggressive on the skin so make sure you moisturize well before and after. I like the folding mechanism that keeps these safely tucked away until needed. I have not experienced any change in the regrowth, meaning the hair does not come back thicker or darker. It does feel a little stubbly when it first starts to grow back because the ends have been shaved and therefore are not tapered initially. But depending how often you shave they will taper again and feel softer.

on 8/9/2017 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased these after continually hearing about how great face shaving was, for various reasons.

I have an unstoppable stache and dark hair, and when it's out of control and hits the light just right it's particularly impressive. I'm horrible. h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e. at making followup appointments for all things in life, so running back in 4-6 weeks for a rewax never happens. Ever. Plus, it adds up in time. I'd rather save up for getting something permanent done later. I shaved once, despite my fear that I'd get prickly and embarrassing regrowth, and have ever since- but now I use one of these little razors. I'm able to do a better job getting around my lips. Before, I was never able to get those super fine blonde hairs at the side of my mouth and beneath my lips, but with this I can. I have more control and I'm not scared of shaving my entire lip off.

I've also started using this on the rest of my face. I noticed that when I would put foundation on, half if it never seemed to reach my actual skin, instead layering itself on top of the fine hairs making my face and makeup look kind of fuzzy. In one of those "fitting room lighting" moments I realized how bad it really was and decided shaving my face was worth a try. I'm glad I did, and not just for purely cosmetic reasons; my skin started looking better.

It must have been all that peach fuzz blocking some of my pores, or mabe it really does act as an exfoliate of sorts, but I saw an improvement in acne. Slight downside is it uncovered some rough clogged areas that I'm now super conscious of and working on clearing out, but really they were always there, just a bit blurred by those fine baby hairs.

I highly recommend these for face shaving. It's not a process. I hate beauty "processes", I like it easy and is. I've shaved wet and dry with good success, although I prefer wet. It works for other fine areas as well. I always miss a bit of hair around my ankles, back where I'm trying not to shave off my Achilles tendon, and I was able to quickly touch up that area before running out the door. It also worked well on those really thick big toe hairs I get.

So hair- it removes it! Really easily. It takes seconds, doesn't require that I make an appointment, plan ahead, or calculate a tip. They are small and cheap, it's easy to tuck them away if you like to keep your beauty stash small or don't have a lot of space. These are definitely worth having around for little touch ups (like missed spots on your legs) even if you aren't interested in shaving your face.

on 8/30/2015 2:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Like the two reviewers before me, I must share what I know.... I shave! All the time. I have very fine, vellous peach fuzz. About a year ago, I got tired of looking at it and saw a YouTube video about dermaplaning /dermablading... What I learned was, this removes the fine hair(which grows back as the same fine hair) and exfoliates the top layer of skin. This has by far decreased my acne breakouts, my makeup applies smoother. The process is pretty simple, after showering, I run the razor over my damp skin and that's it. I don't need to use any shaving cream or soap. The single blade on this shaver gives a close enough shave as is. I finish with a toner I make at home (wintergreen alcohol, aspirin, witch hazel). Pretty happy with this method.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is more of a review of a particular technique, rather than the product itself. I'm having a tough time figuring out what brand of face razor I'm using as I discarded the package awhile ago. This seems to be the best match, but will adjust if necessary.

Moving along, moving along.

So hey! I don't have a mustache or anything remotely resembling excessive facial hair. I'm also like, incredibly unfussy in general about beauty stuff. I pretty much like to slap stuff on and let things fall where they may (or so I think).

Along the way though, I was always kind of annoyed by the invisible to everyone else but me baby hairs on my face. Everyone has them. It's just that well....they interfere. With stuff. Slightly. Enough that I started regularly shaving my not-at-all hairy face some time ago.

As a technique, I consider this a difficulty level 7-9 out of 10.

It's tricky. Chances are, if you get even a wee bit sloppy, you'll nick your face somewhere and bleed incessantly. It's happened to me at least half the time I've done this, but my technique is improving.

On the plus side, it exfoliates like nothing else. Scrape the razor gently across your skin (and make sure it's moisturized as heck before even attempting to do so) and you will end up with a very satisfying amount of dead skin cells being shed/scraped away along with baby-type fuzz, as well as inherently smoother skin (because, well, no hair).

Gah. Sharing because I dunno. It really works. It's just way more fussy than anything else I do or will ever do but continue to do because...it works and sublimely. Makeup goes on way better, birds chirp, hell freezes over, etc. Still lazy about the legs though.

on 6/13/2014 11:49:00 AM

The curse of menopause is the increase in growth of that nasty fine baby hair on face and neck. I was having it waxed but my hair grows so fast as it is I can go a MAX of 3 weeks before I need my eyebrows waxed and my face was going about the same rate. IT was getting very expensive. I've been watching you tube and saw the shaving techinque. Always been afraid of dark growth but the gals on there many of whom are aestheticians suggest the razor for not only removing the hair but the exfoliation it provides to the skin. Most of the stores have the smaller razors that take a while to cover a small area. I was on Amazon and found these and ordered a package to try. They are GREAT for using in larger areas of the face. It's more even and I find in my case I don't nick myself as easily. Per the Guru's you hold the razor at an angle and slowly in small strokes work down your face Around your hairline and neck. Some razor their eyebrows these are a bit too big IMO for that area and I'm too afraid with that delicate skin there and i don't use them under my lip I do prefer to wax there. I apply a skin conditioner afterwards TEND and then a good moisturizer like the GLOWGLAM overnight mask because the Gurus have said this really is the best time to use a deep penetrating product. My skin does feel softer and I have not experienced any stubble that I was worried about. I do have to do my face about every 3 weeks as my hair grows pretty fast. For the price try these they are available on Amazon.