3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

Ok this does smudge a bit but it really makes my eyelashes a lot thicker and longer! I have asian lashes which are not very long and this mascara is a lot better than many other mascaras I have tried. I feel glamorous putting this on my lashes. It’s consistency is kind of like the Lancôme hypnose mascara which I love. Only thing with the CT mascara I don’t like is that the brush is huge so mascara gets everywhere and it’s hard to clean up after cause it’s sticky, whereas other mascaras they will easily flake off when you use a cotton bud to wipe away the mascara you got on your eyelid. And of course £23 is very expensive for a mascara but I guess other high end mascaras are around the same

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

9 months ago

I needed a new Mascara & fancied a change from Estée Lauder Sumptuous Lash. Was in a bit of a rush & ended up with this. I wish I had researched a bit more because I’m not impressed! My lashes look nice enough but the drop down & tipping just under my eyebrows is really annoying. That was after a particularly relaxing afternoon at the cinema & lunch! Not a patch on Sumptuous Lash or my ultimate fav Kevyn Aucoin - The Volume! Wish I’d chosen better.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

2.0

9 months ago

When I first tried this mascara I thought it was pretty good! I liked the wand and loved how black the mascara was! When I applied it it did a really good job at separating my eyelashes and creating volume! However this mascara does not hold a curl!! After a couple minutes of applying the lashes fell down and I found my eyelashes to look rather flat! ( what lashes look like when you don’t curl them with an eyelash curler ) I would not recommend this product as it is really expensive and you can defiantly get a better high end mascara for this price!

About reviewer (57 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

Have to give this to my 12 year old daughter as play make-up, because it's useless in Australian Summer (not to mention Australian Spring, Autumn and - well, maybe it might survive a half hour in our Winter, not sure, haven't tried). (Note in Summer we get temperatures in the high 30s and that's when we're NOT having a heatwave - then you'd be looking at over 40s.) It goes on beautifully, nice texture, non clumping, really lovely. Within less than half an hour it is all underneath my eyes. If only I had purchased this to attract male pandas. There's just no point even bothering to use it. I have tried it so many ways, making sure there was nothing oil or wet or moist underneath my eyes. No method of wearing this made it stay. Such a shame, such a waste. But then, having purchased this with a bunch of other Charlotte Tilbury pencils and lipsticks, I can safely say that her products are way overhyped, not to mention looking NOTHING like they do on her website. And even watching youtube videos or swatches online, they look completely different again. You just can't tell until you've tried the product in person. While this mascara has a beautiful finish when I first put it on, I have to say, sadly, it has the least staying power of any mascara I have ever used, and I will definitely not repurchase. The only good product I bought from Charlotte Tilbury was the "Healthy Glow", but even that I can easily live without.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

a year ago

Oh dear, what a load of rubbish this mascara is. I am obsessed with mascara and constantly on the search for my HG (still looking). This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever used. It's dry, clumpy, doesn't build and is worse than any of the cheapest mascaras out there. What a waste of money. I find CT products very hit and miss and this is definitely the latter, unfortunately .

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

from

a year ago

This is a great mascara for me. I have long lashes and like mascaras that help with volume and curl, without looking clumpy. This mascara builds nicely. It has a traditional mascara wand, which I prefer. It's also a more dry formula, which I also prefer - I can't work with the wet formulas. I get some smudging by mid-day. Though, I have dry skin and load up on moisturizers, greasy sunscreens, and anything that will make me look dewey, etc, so I always expect a bit of smudging.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I really wanted to love this product. Nearly all of the CT products I have tried are really good, the colours are fab and the formulas feel great and often do double duty. This came as a mini freebie with a set I got over Christmas, and I was excited to test it out. It goes on well (although I have the mini version so the wand was tiny which I love, but may not be great if larger), it separated the lashes and lengthens nicely initially, with a pretty spiky lash look, and then ... within the hour I have Panda eyes going on beneath my lower lid in the worst possible way, as well as spots of mascara transferred in little dots above my upper lid crease. Difficult to remove these splotchy marks without ruining the rest of my makeup so had to remove everything and start again. I have slightly oily lids and so then in frustration and longing to make it work I persevered, and tried two different lash primer products under it, and also tried powdering my lashes. Nothing fixed it. Epic disappointment. I saw there is a new formulation out but after this fail, I'm kind of put off shelling out rather a lot for something that isn't that different to the earlier version.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

3.0
from

2 years ago

If you have long and voluminous lashes by nature you will love the separation this gives however it flakes in 2-3 hours. Not recommend especially if you have a habit of rubbing your eyes randomly

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

2 years ago

Yes this is a hit and miss for some, for me it’s a win. My lashes are thinning due to aging, and this literally looks like a nice set of false lashes. In fact they feel soft like fake lashes, after I apply. I do not have trouble with raccoon eyes and that’s even coming off 15 hours on a hot humid Friday in the kitchen of my restaurant. I never use to use black, but this black isn’t so like OMG THATS REALLY BLACK, mascara. It’s a soft black- perfect for someone over 50. Love and just ordered more.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

2 years ago

Awesome Mascara. Really does it all and gives a your-lashes Look opposed to lashes covered in gunk ( I’m looking at you, Paradise Lash). Tube stays fresh for a really long time. Pairs well with a final coat of EL Little Black Primer for a smudge proof/ waterproof way to wear this mascara. Current HG!

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm