Elizabeth Mott - It's So Big Volumizing Mascara

Elizabeth Mott - It's So Big Volumizing Mascara

4.3

on 9/28/2017 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Not sure why this has such great ratings. This is just average all the way around. Gives average length, just slight volume, maintains slight curl and has moderate staying power. I can find as good at the Maybelline rack. At least I got a good price on it but I feel silly seeking it out. It wasn't worth it. And it bothered my eyes.

on 6/17/2017 6:17:00 AM

Finally...I love it! I have used this mascara now exclusively for over a year now. What is the finally? I have tried every mascara known to man. I had believed there must not be a mascara invented yet that would work for me. I have tried everything from Sisley, chanel, YSL all the way down to drugstore. EVERYTHING smudged on me, most likely because I must above all things wear a good rich eye cream to keep the crepiness away. I was stuck on blinc for awhile because that did not smudge but it did flake and the results were mediocre. I thought the reviews were good on this and gave it a try. I will never buy another mascara, this is it. It never smudges, ever. Gives me long long lashes, gives good volume and never ever clumps! It is everything. I originally bought off the web site and that tube lasted me just over 4 months before I needed a new one. Most mascaras I have tried either change after two weeks or completely dried out after 2 months, Not this one, stayed consistent for 4 months! Then I bought a tube from Amazon, which is much cheaper than her website but I know it was old because it lasted maybe a month before I had to throw it out. Rebought from her website and YES, just like my first one, lasted over 4 months. A pain to buy from a website but this mascara is perfect and worth double the price and then some because I am finally done throwing money down the drain for mascaras that I hate. I am so happy to be happy to put on my eye makeup now, No fear of "will I have clumpy lashes today?' or checking my face all day long and wiping smudges and flakes away from my delicate eye area. I swear this has changed my life!

on 9/11/2016 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This mascara was really nice going on, the problem didn't come till my eyes watered. Oh man did this stuff start coming off in chunks! It never ran or smudged but it just started falling off. My eyes are too sensitive for such nonsense. It's a shame since I love this brand.

on 7/8/2016 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is a nice mascara. Very creamy. It gives me thick, long, separated lashes that last all day. I took a lippie off for both the price (too expensive at $25) and the brush, which I don't like. I just don't get hourglass shaped brushes! I end up only using the tip of the brush to apply with as when I use the brush straight on I get mascara on the inner and outer lashes and none in the middle? I will use this up, but will not repurchase because I get the same result, if not better with L'Oréal Telescopic at less than half the price.

I have tried probably 100 different mascaras in my life, and this is by far the best mascara for people who have oily skin and have problems with smudgy mascara. I bought mine from amazon for $15 dollars. So good i cant get enough!

on 1/14/2016 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After being disappointed by the first two products I tried from Elizabeth Mott, my expectations of this mascara was slowly lowering. Maybe that's the reason for being so delightfully surprised - or maybe this is just a very good mascara!

+ Doesn't ever clump. Ever! It separates your lashes beautifully, which makes for beautiful looking and sweeping lashes. This is the only mascara that makes me do a double take in the mirror because my lashes look so pretty.
+ No smudging despite my ridiculously oily and hard-to-work-with eyelids
+ Lengthening (should be called "they're so LONG" rather than "it's so BIG"). I'm usually not one for lengthening mascaras, as I tend to think my lashes look spider-y then, but this one just WORKS.
+ Holds up really well during the day. At the end of the day (especially if I lay down as my eyes tend to water a bit then, for some reason) it might have smudged a tiny bit, but I've yet to find a single mascara that doesn't. No crumbling or fallout whatsoever!
+ Good brush. After years of using mascaras with thick, rubber brushes I'm getting a little bit tired of how messy applying mascara is with them. This brush is medium sized and has "classic" bristles. The hour glass shape of the wand I'm not actually sure what it adds to it specifically, but it seems to be working either way.
+ Easy to remove - almost comes off similarly to a tubing mascara

- This is honestly a bit more of a wish than a complaint, but I'd give this a full 5/5 review if it gave a little bit more volume. But then again, maybe then it wouldn't be able to separate the lashes as well.

Lastly, I wanted to mention to price. I've seen others noting that it's a bit steep. I think this might be a question about makeup being prized different in different countries, because I don't agree at all. The usual drugstore brands are definitely sold to a higher price in Sweden than for example in the US. Compared to the price of a mascara from Maybelline, L'oreal or Max Factor it's only a slight step up, but by paying a little more you get a mascara that is on a whole other level quality wise.

Edit september 2016: Screw it, I'm bumping this up to 5/5 lippies! I've been trying out mascaras left and right lately, and nothing measures up to this. I swear 9 out of 10 mascaras smudge on me, but this one doesn't while also being overall amazing. That is deserving of a HG status.

Edit 2 february 2017: I used a couple of their smaller travel sizes (sold in bundles of three) initially, and then I finally bought a full size. I'm sad to say that it's not as good. The brush is surprisingly much, much denser and smaller in the full size than it is the travel size!? It doesn't separate the lashes as well, it's clumpier in application, and it doesn't give the same length. Hopefully they just have different brushes in the two sizes rather than this brush being the new standard. I will go back to buying the travel size, though more expensive, and hope to get the amazing results that I initially got with this mascara again.

I received a sample of this mascara in an Ipsy bag and loved it. My lids get very oily throughout the day, so it's hard to find a mascara that doesn't smudge on me. I prefer volume mascaras to length mascaras, and this one gave volume and stayed put. CG LashBlast Volume is my go-to mascara because it gives similar results and has a better price point, but I would repurchase this as a splurge/HG.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

If this mascara wasn't so expensive, I would buy this over and over and over again! I bought this out of sheer curiosity on Amazon for $25 because of the reviews and ratings on this stuff. As far as I am concerned, this is sent in some of those monthly subscription beauty boxes, and also sold on the Elizabeth Mott website. Now on to the formula; this has a very wet, very creamy just wonderful formula. The mascara wand on this is hourglass shaped, which is interesting, but it does wonderful at giving me length and volume. My absolute favorite qualities about this is the fact that it doesn't smudge, flake, or clump!!! Another awesome fact, this lasted me 6 months guys!!! Never have I ever found another mascara to last as long, and be the same quality as when I opened the tube for the first time. Truly my holy grail mascara, just wish it was cheaper! I understand why it's pricy though, you really do get your money's worth!

on 7/18/2015 2:05:00 PM

NOT YOUR TRADITIONAL MASCARA.

This micro fiber formula is a god send for uber thin, long lashes. I can acheive nearly the same results as lash extensions without the heavy weight or clumps, not to mention the HOUR GLASS wand that helps distribute more product on your outter corners. My lashes actually STAY CURLED ALL DAY. It doesn't require much application either, just 3 coats.

This mascara also soldiers against humidity, tears and smudging. I don't have to worry about flakes getting onto my contacts (most mascaras FLAKE IN YOUR EYE). But if does flake, if you touch your eyes too much.

Easily removeable without mascara deposits in the skin. +++++

on 10/22/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best mascara ever. Lengthening and doesn't clump. Tear friendly!
I'm probably on my fifth mascara! LOVE IT.