Terra Firma Cosmetics HYDRASILK Loose Mineral Foundation

Terra Firma Cosmetics HYDRASILK Loose Mineral Foundation
Enter Title

Serecite, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Silk Amino Acid Powder, Magnesium Stearate, Yellow Oxide, Red Oxide, May Contain: Black Oxide, Ultramarine Blue Mineral Pigment. (All NON Micronized and NO NANO'S!)

on 4/12/2015 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I mix the Hydra silk in Pure Golden (medium golden) with their Ultra foundation in Beauty (medium/dark warm). And it looks absolutely flawless! You can definitely build up the coverage. I'm excited to try more from their line. I don't really have skin problems but get an occasional pimple every now and then. I would classify my skin as normal to dry. With being said I usually start my makeup with a liquid concealer, and set that with a lighter translucent power (Tarte smooth operator), and then go in with this foundation every where else. I feel like any foundation powder is too heavy for the undereye area. It smooths out pores and doesn't feel drying. I love this foundation over liquid any day. It feels like skin.

on 12/27/2014 1:56:00 PM

I bought this thinking it would help my skin, but I used it twice and the first day I noticed four new pimples on my face. Some of them being painful, and the second day it wasn't any better. I did my research a bit more and found that lauroyl lysine could be a culprit. As stated, "This ingredient is found in many loose powders and prevents the skin from ‘breathing’, thus resulting in clogged pores. It is rated as fairly high on the comedogenic scale. This is the last thing you want, especially in a face powder as it is applied all over your face!". I really want to love this because of how it felt on my skin, and I am tired of using liquid foundation...but I want to spare my face from breaking out again.

I have been using this foundation for a little over a year now and I can honestly say, I have never found a mineral foundation that I like better. (And I have tried quite a few.) I dove into the HydraSilk line even though I have combo / oily skin and its works fantastic for me as ling as I set it with a setting spray. Using a setting spray helps with general longevity for any foundation I use so it is something I always have on hand anyway. I also found a dead on shade match for me on my first try. So lets get into the breakdown.

Pros:

- Customizable Coverage
-Can be used Alone or Over other Foundations
-Can be mixed into other Powders or Creams
- Excellent Shade Range
- Healthy Ingredients / Limited Ingredients
-Easy Apply
-Looks Natural and Flawless On The Skin
- Creamy Finish that Feels Very Light
-Helps Blur and Smooth Texture Issues
-Fantastic Value
-Different Sizes Available

Cons:
-Can be a little messy (As all loose mineral foundation can be)

In general, I really love this company and their products.
They have such wonderful products and fantastic customer service.
I highly recommend giving something from them a try.