E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.8

I have this product both in the shade Blush Gems and Pink Tastic. The last one is sold as a blush, but is more of a silvery/pinky highlighter.
It's only $3 and it lasts for a very long time - I bought the ones I have at the beggining of the last year and they still look brand new. For the price, I think they're good.
I'm an NC20. The shade Blush Gems is too dark for my skin. This shade, specifically, is not buttery at all. It's very hard to get any pigment - I had to scratch off the first layer and the product still isn't pigmented. In my opinion, this is not a dupe of Mac's Soft and Gentle, as some say. Blush gems is much darker.
The shade Pink Tastic is gorgeous. I have to be careful and not apply too much, tho - Otherwise, I end up with a pink scratch on my cheekbone. It isn't chunky. It can look quite natural when applied with a light hand but can be blinding as well. I use it on my no makeup makeup days, without any foundation, and it blends well with the bare skin.
The packaging is terrible. It's not travel friendly and, with time, the lid comes out.
I would recommend this product if you're looking for a cheap highlighter, but I don't know if I would buy it again, mainly because of the packaging.

I like this product. isn't In my daily make routine tho.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked this product, I ended up buying moon pearls and pink diamonds and I'm satisfied with both although I do have a favorite lol. Anyways I do LOVE a good blinding highlighter, BUT I would not say this is blinding, more like a glow from within type of highlighter and I'm just fine with that, but if you are expecting to be more blinding than the fucking sun this is not the product for you. One negative thing I noticed is that I had to scratch a little to get some good pigment out of the product , before that it was hard and and barely picked up product. Other than that I'm very satisfied with the product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've heard so many great things about this highlighter and that it was a dupe for something else. Since elf is super cheap, I bought it since the risk is so low. The top layer of the highlighter is extremely hard. You need to scratch off the top layer to actually use it. Even after scratching the layer off, its still difficult to use. Works well when I rubbed my finger on it (hard) but difficult when using a brush. I like the color and everything but the product needs some work. Its an ok highlighter especially for the price (4$). If you don't mind then its good.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought these highlighters in the shades Moonlight Pearls and Blushed Gems. I have also purchased a backup Moonlight Pearls. These highlighters cost $10 in Australia. I honestly think that it's a bit much, but then again all cosmetics products in Australia are overpriced, so...

I should probably start off by saying that I LOVE these highlighters. I honestly thought that I'd be disappointed, but these truly surprised me. I expected a lack of pigment, but these are SO pigmented! The shades are absolutely gorgeous too.

I have extremely oily skin, so I used to avoid highlighters. I actually really regret it, because I feel like I was missing out. Since I started using highlighters, my makeup has turned out so much better. These Elf highlighters don't make me look even more shiny or oily. They can appear relatively sheer, or you can build it up to a blinding highlight.

These are my absolute favourite highlighters at the moment. I recommend these to everyone, and I would definitely purchase again.

Pros
- pigmented
- lovely shades
- decent price

Cons
- none

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i just got this highlighter in the shade "moonlight pearls" a few days ago (protip for anyone struggling to purchase online due to stock issues, my local target had like 7 of them in their ELF section). i'm seriously blown away by the shade of this; i've been looking for a cool, champagne-y highlighter that wouldn't leave a distinct color streak on my cheek (i'm very fair, so not easy to do) but that wasn't pure white or gold. i wanted something natural but buildable, and this is so perfect. like i don't even want to try becca highlighters anymore because this is so great. it's sparkly but not offensively so, and while it's kind of difficult to work with because it's baked, so long as you scrape off the product you want to use you can get really good product payoff.

for application, i normally rub the handle side of my brush in circular motions on the topmost portion of the highlighter, then dip the brush side into the dust that's been scraped up. if i simply swirl my brush into the top without scraping anything off, nothing shows up on my cheek.

i think this was like $2 at target. will be buying another one of these when i run out. it's pretty perfect.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This review is for the E.L.F baked highlight in Moonlight Pearl. Oh Moonlight Pearl... I feel like I have to agree with so many other reviewers out there. Of all the other baked products that E.L.F has to offer, this one single-handedly is the absolute worst. Comparing it to the E.L.F baked blush in Pinktastic in particular (you're fooling no one E.L.F, it's a highlight, a very warm one but it's a highlight), the differences in their quality are just mind-boggling. A few things that stuck out the most to me are:
1) The pigmentation: the pigmentation on Moonlight Pearl is atrociously weak. I have to rub and rub and rub, and even after that still not a lot of product come off. In contrast, one dip into Pinktastic and I'm good for both cheekbones. At first I thought it was because of my brush sucking up the product, but no, I've tried it with so many different brushes, results are the same. There's just no way to get that poor pigment concentration off the ground. It's so sheer that when I swatch it on my arm and finger, I can clearly see the glitter in it, it's not chunky glitter by any mean, they're quite fine, but they're so sheer and widely spread apart that they become very obvious on the cheek if I'm not careful.
2) The colour: it's a very light warm champaign, it's lighter than Pinktastic which is a warm peach. Since the pigmentation is so terrible, on the skin shows up more like a gleam than anything. I have yellow undertone but I hardly thing it undermines how the product shows up, it's already so weak on its own.
3) It hardens, and forms a firm layer of crust on the surface of the product, whether you use it or not. When I first got it, the pigmentation was so terrible. I went online and found out that you really have to scrub (yes, not just rub, scrub) the surface of this thing for that layer to come off. But not only that, after every few weeks of use, it kinda oxidise and forms a hard film on top of places where I usually dip my brush on. I can tell because it's darker, more orange-y colour on top, you may think it's the veining but no, it's not like the Pinktastic. If you rub on the part where it's oxidised, barely any colour comes off. I have to use a toothpick to scrub off that hard film to get to any colour, again, so very very cumbersome and most of all, wasteful.
I'm just really disappointed in this product more than anything, and being cheap is hardly an excuse, Pinktastic is the same price it's such a joy to use. E.L.F has so many great hits, sadly this was not one of those.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Guys! I just bought this product and I had such high hopes for it, seeing as how i've seen you-tubers rave about it. It was much drier than I thought and when I swatched it I was super disappointed. But, I tried it with a wet beauty blender and it looks amazing!! So, if you are disappointed with this product try it with a wet beauty blender or makeup sponge. It makes a huge difference!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like these but the baked blush in Pinktastic is a much better highlight.

I purchased the shade blush gems, and I gotta say at first I was really disappointed. I would run my finger through the product and literally nothing would come off. It felt like a rock. It wasn't until I decided to lightly scratch off the top layer, that's when the product started coming out more. I love it, it has great pigmentation, and the price is amazing, it looks great on my skin. Overall I would purchase another one.