e.l.f. Cosmetics Baked Highlighter

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Moonlit Pearl is my favourite drugstore highlight.

I LOVE THIS HIGHLIGHTER SO MUCH!!! I am fair skinned and this is the perfect champagne shade to give me a very blinding glow (or natural if im lighthanded). Just scratch off the very top layer and the product is SO pigmented. Like. SOOOO PIGMENTED. Ive had it for a long time and havent run out yet, but i will DEFINITELY be repurchasing.

I don't get the hype. I have Apricot Glow.

I scraped the top layer off, and it's still mediocre. I have to really dig my brush in to pick up any product. And there is noticeable, quite chunky glitter. The glitter ends up accentuating texture more than other highlighters I use.

Additionally, when I used it on my eyes, it creased so much more than other highlighters.

I much prefer the Wet n Wild highlight - cheap, soft texture, easy to pick up with a brush, can go from subtle to blinding. The elf one can be built up, but ends up accentuating texture way too much for it to be flattering.

But if you only use a little, it can be a nice natural highlight, if you ignore the larger specks of glitter.

Overall, wouldn't recommend.

I'm starting to wonder with e.l.f. if they have some bad batches of a product and some good batches. I bought this product online from Target on a whim. When it arrived, I swatched it on my finger and nothing showed up. I tried pushing as hard as I could into the pan, but still could not get more than a sheer layer of glitter with a hint of gold to transfer on my finger. This was extremely disappointing. The reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive and viewing the swatches that others have taken, it doesn't even look like the same product. I feel like e.l.f. products are very hit or miss. Some of their products have amazing pigment, and others are trash. I SO wanted to love this highlighter, but this was a complete miss for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a great highlighter, but as many people have recommended, I had to scrape the top layer off to allow my brushes to pick up the pigments. But for such a beautiful highlight at such an affordable price, I definitely didn't mind doing this! Just try it out, it's just as good as my Mary Louminizer but far more affordable

I have this product both in the shade Blush Gems and Pink Tastic. The last one is sold as a blush, but is more of a silvery/pinky highlighter.
It's only $3 and it lasts for a very long time - I bought the ones I have at the beggining of the last year and they still look brand new. For the price, I think they're good.
I'm an NC20. The shade Blush Gems is too dark for my skin. This shade, specifically, is not buttery at all. It's very hard to get any pigment - I had to scratch off the first layer and the product still isn't pigmented. In my opinion, this is not a dupe of Mac's Soft and Gentle, as some say. Blush gems is much darker.
The shade Pink Tastic is gorgeous. I have to be careful and not apply too much, tho - Otherwise, I end up with a pink scratch on my cheekbone. It isn't chunky. It can look quite natural when applied with a light hand but can be blinding as well. I use it on my no makeup makeup days, without any foundation, and it blends well with the bare skin.
The packaging is terrible. It's not travel friendly and, with time, the lid comes out.
I would recommend this product if you're looking for a cheap highlighter. For $3, it's bomb.
I don't know if I would buy it again, mainly because of the packaging.

I like this product. isn't In my daily make routine tho.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked this product, I ended up buying moon pearls and pink diamonds and I'm satisfied with both although I do have a favorite lol. Anyways I do LOVE a good blinding highlighter, BUT I would not say this is blinding, more like a glow from within type of highlighter and I'm just fine with that, but if you are expecting to be more blinding than the fucking sun this is not the product for you. One negative thing I noticed is that I had to scratch a little to get some good pigment out of the product , before that it was hard and and barely picked up product. Other than that I'm very satisfied with the product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've heard so many great things about this highlighter and that it was a dupe for something else. Since elf is super cheap, I bought it since the risk is so low. The top layer of the highlighter is extremely hard. You need to scratch off the top layer to actually use it. Even after scratching the layer off, its still difficult to use. Works well when I rubbed my finger on it (hard) but difficult when using a brush. I like the color and everything but the product needs some work. Its an ok highlighter especially for the price (4$). If you don't mind then its good.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought these highlighters in the shades Moonlight Pearls and Blushed Gems. I have also purchased a backup Moonlight Pearls. These highlighters cost $10 in Australia. I honestly think that it's a bit much, but then again all cosmetics products in Australia are overpriced, so...

I should probably start off by saying that I LOVE these highlighters. I honestly thought that I'd be disappointed, but these truly surprised me. I expected a lack of pigment, but these are SO pigmented! The shades are absolutely gorgeous too.

I have extremely oily skin, so I used to avoid highlighters. I actually really regret it, because I feel like I was missing out. Since I started using highlighters, my makeup has turned out so much better. These Elf highlighters don't make me look even more shiny or oily. They can appear relatively sheer, or you can build it up to a blinding highlight.

These are my absolute favourite highlighters at the moment. I recommend these to everyone, and I would definitely purchase again.

Pros
- pigmented
- lovely shades
- decent price

Cons
- none