Bonne Bell Gel Bronze

Bonne Bell Gel Bronze

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Polysorbate 80, Polysorbate 20, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Allantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylparaben, FD&C Red No. 4 (CI 14700), FD&C Yellow No. 5 (CI 19140), D&C Red No. 33 (CI 17200) FD&C Blue No. 1 (CI 42090).

on 1/3/2013 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have ultra dry skin so despite yrs of using and loving various powder bronzers I can no longer use them. They "create" extra work for me because they drag on the skin, literally "catch" on certain areas darkening them requiring me to go back over those spots with a light concealer. And then I still felt it looked drying.

On to these bronzers, used yrs ago for neck and added oomph over powder bronzer. But now I use this way, apply sunscreen, dampen sponge (I add a drop of jojoba oil to spray bottle of water), then dab this on everywhere BUT atop my cheeks where I have some pink color already. Its so fast, and if I want can then skip foundation as this is sheer but warms my skin up enough to match the color level in my cheeks so I'm all one tone.

I can deepen it by layering too. I find it lasting and easy to use provided I use a dampened sponge not my fingers since application is not as even for me, and it stains my fingers as well.

Im using golden tan now as I have fair, olive skin that's quite yellow in undertone. The golden tan therefore matches best however the darker tan which has a red undertone, best emulates a touch of sun. Inexpensive given the performance and fact that such a small amount is needed. Works especially well with cream/gel blushes. Have ordered from the BB site as shipping was free when I ordered (over a year ago).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely fabulous. i have it in Golden Tan, i've had it for about 2 or 3 years, tube is still full.
1. I use a blush brush to apply, a tip I learnt from beauty editor Zoe Foster, it looks infinitely better than trying to blend with fingers.
and 2. in "3's".
(So here are the links for the tips which you guys, being makeup lovers, might find super helpful - not affil:

This colour looks totally natural on me, i am 153 "golden honey" in MUFE hd foundation for ref. Golden tan has a bit of redness to it, which suits my complexion, but the copper colour doesn't, if that's what you'd prefer. Highly recommend, this product looks far more natural than powdery bronzer particles.

To Read all 135 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/18/2012 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love!!! I have been using this for years...I used to use bobbie brown, or laura geller,,,,both great produts btw. this is so cheap,and it works, I stock up on this stuff like crazy. It always gives me a great glow...sometimes I will use a blush(trying to use up what I have) this will always be a staple....I have tried many brozers over the years. this one beats them all!!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Just discovered a minor miracle today! After reading good reviews on the lip smackers and the gel bronzer I picked them up at walmart today...less than $5 each. The lipsmacker is the most amazing flattering sheer colour I have ever tried, and the bronzer is just amazing. All you need is a tiny dot just dabbed onto your cheeks and nose. Gives a lovely healthy glow and dries on your skin like a stain no powdery or creamy heaviness. I love them both and I love the price!
UPDATE: I think my twenty something daughter has stolen this as I can't find it anywhere....told you it was good.

on 9/4/2011 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a really great product, and it's inexpensive! It blends really well into my skin too. The only problem is that it turns a bit rosy/orange on my face if I use too much so I have to be a bit careful. :)

on 6/27/2011 6:13:00 PM

Wonder why this stuff has been around forever? Because it's AWESOME! I had a small tube when I was in 8th grade during the early pale, matte 90's and used it once. I remember liking the buildable, gel consistency and barely there color and how natural it looked. Now that I'm in my 30's with a few post-pregnancy imperfections on various parts of my body - I need a little color to conceal it. I saw this at my local grocery store & bought it cuz I was tired of slopping on Jergens Natural Glow every night. I just need a little color when I need it and this is perfecto. Cheap and lovely.

I've been using Bonnie Belles Gel Bronze for 10+ years. I actually use it on my legs are arms too even though the bottle is pretty small and most just use it on their face. A little does go a long way though and this stuff is so cheap. I am really pale and this stuff helps me look like I actually go out in the sun once in awhile. The stuff stays on great too and doesn't get all streaky. It also dries quickly and doesn't feel greasy. This has to be one of my favorite bronzers ever!

on 6/15/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Its true. This product is supreme.

I love it as an eyeshadow actually- it looks 100% natural.

I also like to use it as a blush.

The texture is amazing, its so affordable.

you won't get a better product. I can't speak more highly of any product

I thought they were d/c'ing this so I bought like 5 and I haven't been able to go through the tubes I have even. And it hasn't been discontinued. I can't say enough. As a makeup lover this is the most underrated product I can think of!!!!

on 5/20/2011 9:45:00 AM

I've been using the Extra Dark for 15+ years and can't find it anymore. Anyone know a site I can order it from or a store in Canada? I'm olive skinned and don't think the Golden Tan will do it for me. Thanks!!

on 4/16/2011 6:34:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I started wearing Bonne Bell Bronzer when I was in my twenties...I am now 57 and I still wear it! I have always used it as a blush (a little on my nose, cheeks and forehead to achieve a warm sun-kissed look). Now that I'm older, I've had to switch to a "mature skin" foundation and no powder, minimal eye makeup etc...but this bronzer still looks great!
Thank goodness it is always available online!

Popular Bronzers