3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

To start with, I don’t use this as a foundation, I bought this in a shade darker to use for contouring and it’s amazing. It looks natural, blends like a dream (with a brush and/or fingers easily) and it stays on all day. I actually prefer this to some of my high end bronzers/contour products. I like to travel with this too since I can save space by not bringing a brush and just using fingers, and it’s nice and compact. It seems like medium to full coverage, which is too much for me to use as a foundation since I prefer light to medium, but I’d definitely like to try getting another to use as a concealer next.

About reviewer (125 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0

2 years ago

It makes a really good under eye concealer, and I would give four stars for that but as a foundation it just doesn't work for me, it clings to dry patches

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0

3 years ago

I wanted sooo badly to like this foundation. I love stick foundations, this is affordable, and the darkest shade matched me perfectly. It blends nicely, leaves a dewy finish, and it lasts an okay amount of time if you set it. Unfortunately it made me break out pretty badly. My skin isn't particularly sensitive but something in this caused breakouts on my skin.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Medium Brown

HairBlack

3 years ago

This stick is soooo good for contouring!!! Love it

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

4 years ago

I bought this foundation on a whim while browsing ULTA. I recently started traveling more so i thought this was a great option. I wanted to take products that i knew were not gonna make a mess and possibly spill everywhere. Its super easy to use; you can apply apply it with a beauty blender or a brush. I prefer a brush because its faster and covers more area faster. Also, its totally build-able. If you need more coverage in a certain area, just swipe it and blend. So easy and convenient. I will mostly be repurchasing this if i continue to travel. I have other foundations that i like more but this is a good one if im running late and just need something fast and easy.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

5 years ago

This foundation is a stick satin foundation. I find that it does a pretty good job with concealing blemishes and dark circles. Although, I have oily so obviously my face looks a bit shiny with this foundation but as soon as I apply a powder my face looks flawless! The only thing I do not like about this foundation is the amount it brings and the price. I mean if it's going to be a stick foundation it should at least be $6 because they're are foundations that are under $10 and they are better than this $10 foundation. My face feels a bit tacky but not to the point where it makes me feel uncomfortable. The foundation has no smell, and the texture is soft and it glides on easily to the skin. The foundation does not last all day. But I'm okay with that because its a foundation I only use for school and keep in my bag so I can reapply this foundation whenever and I'm okay! I honestly, recommend this foundation for people who go to school wearing makeup!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrunette

2.0

5 years ago

If you had poreless skin with no acne and is just aiming for airbrushed skin, this would be a perfect product for you. This barely covers anything and the thick consistency is hard to blend. My face felt sticky afterwards and the applicator was flimsy. This accentuated my fine lines and seeped into my pores.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

from

5 years ago

I quite like this foundation stick. I use it as a concealer. I moisturise, use this stick under eyes, on blemishes etc, then follow with powder. It does the job for me and stays well all day. I use #3 Light.

About reviewer (180 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBlond

3.0

5 years ago

I wish I could love this foundation! A little background on me: naturally porcelain, spray tan often, acne prone, hyperpigmentation + very oily. I decided with the southern humid summer going full force I'd need something with decent and buildable coverage that would look more like skin and less like makeup (ahem, my beloved MAC pro-longwear/Revlon Colorstay)... Anyways, after moisturizer, sunscreen and primer this applied pretty well. I used my ELF studio powder brush to blend in the 3 lines I made on my cheek, as well as on my forehead..maybe one or two lines on my nose and chin. It blended out really well and looked SO natural I was amazed. This could definitely be built up although I didn't try that. Despite my priming efforts I was an absolute, oxidized oil spill after 4 hours, which is not a lot of time in my book. I will probably be returning this because of how sweaty I looked on a mild, rainy day! TL, DR: Pros - very natural coverage, decent color selection and convenient packaging. Cons - nightmare for oily skin, transfers onto clothes and oxidizes. It was also a bit pricey for a NYX product ($10 at Ulta)

About reviewer (218 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Fine

5 years ago

I really like stick foundations.... after MaxFactor's PanStik, there really wasn't a comparable drugstore option for a while. Maybelline's FitMe shades were too pink and too light on coverage and Revlon's InstaStix just came out recently. Flower was sold only in Walmart, which I don't like going into. I chose shade 04, which looked like a good match initially. NYX's website says this is a "beige" tone but it looks more warm-neutral in the tube. Unfortunately, these do oxidize quite a bit, warmer and darker. My skin is not bad, but I do have old scars and redness which this evens out quite nicely. I say the coverage is medium. This won't give the same translucency I got from the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation but I love the ease of application and portability. I may go back to pick up shade 03, which I dismissed initially because it looks peachy in the tube.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral