Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser

Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser

3.2

water, glycerin, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sorbitol, laureth-4 carboxylic acid, ethylhexylglycerin, acrylates/c10-30 alkylacrylate crosspolymer, fragrance, sodium hydroxide, menthol, methylparaben, polyquaternium-39, propylparaben, charcoal powder, disodium edta, mannitol, iron oxides, cellulose, caprylic/capric triglyceride, methylisothiazolinone, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.

This dries my skin out and has such a small amount of charcoal in it that it might as well just be abnormal cleanser for oily skin.

I don't really have blackheads, but I have clogged pores on my nose and chin. I figured this would help open the pores enough to push them with a comedone extractor. The first time I used this cleanser, I used it with a gentle konjac sponge. I was absolutely amazed at how refreshed my skin looked and felt. I looked in the mirror later in the day, and noticed that the skin around my nose was peeling. I assumed this was just part of the process, so I continued using the cleanser for a few days. At the moment, I have irritated bumps on my chin and jawline. My skin is not acne prone at all, and this only began with using the cleanser. I haven't tried anything else or switched anything else out when it comes to my skin care regimen, so this must be the culprit. With that being said, the cleanser had cleared my pores around my nose a bit. I think it may just be a little too harsh for everyday use on my skin type.

on 10/28/2016 10:38:00 AM

I find this product brilliant. I have been using this product about 1 year now and I love it I always repurchase before running out because I wouldn't be able to go without.
The packaging is great you get every last bit of product out. the pump has never broken on me like it has with some other products which use similar packaging. I love how the product feels on my face. makes me feel fresh, I can almost feel the product getting into my pores and getting rid of the dirt. The product is very moisturising, doesn't dry out your skin. You only need a tiny amount to do the job which means the bottle lasts ages, generally lasts me just over a month and that is using one pump and night and one in the morning. Cant go wrong for the price.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this!! I only use it when my skin is particularly bad and when I do I mix it with Dermol lotion (I use it as a cleanser) and use my Clarisonic Mia 2, leaving my face feeling soft, clean and refreshed. Will repurchase

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

No good. Makes my face red and irritated. Doesn't actually seem to do anything to my pores. And normally I don't care too much about menthol in my skin products but this one contains so much that I can't ignore it. The minty feeling is the furthest thing from pleasant here; in fact, it borders on burning. On top of that, this cleanser always leaves spots on my sink afterwards that I have to scrub with quite a bit of force to get rid of. That kind of texture going on my face is a little disconcerting.

Was really looking forward to trying this out since I've heard so many good things about charcoal products. The packaging is nice and its easy to use - I prefer a pump for facial products. When I first used it, I noticed my skin would start to tingle but it would feel very clean after wards so I thought that meant it was working. A few days after using, I noticed large red pimples on my cheeks and other areas of my face, and also just over all redness and discoloration. I eliminated this cleanser thinking it might be culprit to my breakouts and all of my pimples went away after about a week of not using it. I can only assume it was the cleanser that caused the breakout, so I will not be buying this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've only tested a sample of this, enough for 3-4 uses which was enough for me to form an opinion about it. This is completely different than any other face cleanser I've ever used for a number of reasons. Not your typical clear gel or milky white cream/lotion texture. It is a thick gooey sticky black liquid that surprisingly foams up and feels very cooling on the skin, likely from the menthol, which over the limited use did not irritate my skin. The texture was definitely strange, it is almost like putting tar on your face but then lathers up quite a lot so you really don't need much. Rinsing it off was a bit of a challenge as it really sticks to the skin, so I spent a fair amount of time using my Konjac sponge to help rinse my face. Skin felt clean and fresh afterward, not sure my pores were any cleaner that with other cleansers but certainly no worse. My skin is much drier than in past so I would say it should only be used on occasion where you are looking for a truly deep pore cleansing. Oily skinned individuals might like to use this after removing makeup but I'm not sure it is wise to use this more than once a day.

on 8/17/2016 11:33:00 AM

I had never used a product to wash my face besides regular soap and water. So I decided to up my game so I thought this was really different and I also saw my friend had it. Worst decidtion decision ever! I rarely had acne, besides on my chin, for too years. When using this product it tingle a little bit and that is a sign of irratation don't let that fool you it had a lot of fragrance which I didnt like idea of. After using this product every day for a week I had cysts on my cheeks, small white heads on my nose bigger red pimples on my chin and red pimples all over my fore head and above my eyebrows! Maybe it works for other but it does not work for me at all!

I tried a new face routine and swapped this out for my regular face wash. I paired it with Aveeno's Positively Radiant Moisturizer and I haven't seen my face this clear in a veryyy long time. 10/10 would recommend.

on 8/11/2016 7:50:00 AM

Great at first then nothing. I noticed it made my skin cleared and fresher within a couple of days of using it twice daily and was stoked. After about 2 weeks it just stopped working. My skin started looking dull and congested again. Ended up throwing out half a bottle so won't be buying again.