Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème

Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème
Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème

3.7

Dimethicone, Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Isododecane, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Disodium Edta, Caprylhydroxamic Acid. May Contain/ Peut Contenir [+/-]: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 9/14/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

my skin: acne prone oily combination, sometimes quite dry, some texture. Shade: olive+bamboo
My first impression was that the formula is very thick, and I usually work with thick foundations for better coverage. As I was applying it oxidized and looked so cakey, and I don't use more than half a pump. As I kept dabbing my beautyblender on my face, the product didn't move. I tried my favorite flat top brush but it as too thick to blend on my face. It looked cakey and it looks horrible in the sun with the slightest texture. It creases very badly under my eyes (but I'm guessing it's just me.. it happens a lot) and I will say, it keeps me matte. But it doesn't look flawless on the skin. My pores aren't covered enough, my hyper pigmentation is not covered well enough. I tried mixing this with a primer but it didn't work well. One time I wore it and I came home with so many bumps on my face.. this RUINNED my skin.since I used this my skin has gone so wrong. This is not my skin type and it so not for my skin needs.

on 8/28/2017 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a beautiful foundation but it is very heavy, so it is not for everyone.

A little goes a long way and I can skip concealer when I am wearing this. I tend to apply it with a drop of facial oil on a flat top brush, to keep it dewy (just my preference). I apply this only to the areas of my face that need coverage; otherwise, this can become mask-like.

This is my night-time foundation, when I need a flawless complexion. I wear the shade 'Cashmere' in autumn/winter, and add bronzing gel to deepen the shade for warmer months.

on 5/16/2017 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For years I shied away from this type of foundation – the inclusion of the words “ultimate coverage” scared me off.

I like my base to be a medium coverage, with longevity and not too ‘powdery’.

I am actually kicking myself that I did not jump on the Becca bandwagon sooner. For those that say this is too heavy – you’re probably just being a little too heavy handed.

I used this with my Zoeva Buffer Brush and it gives me a nice medium coverage.

The Sephora website matched my medium/light olive complexion up with “Tan”, but it looked a little too dark on the website. I decided to select myself “Nude”. The colour is perfect.

In my view, this foundation far outweighs the following:

Makeup Forever HD Foundation (too thin and uneven, needs a lot of work to apply properly)

Benefit Oxygen Wow foundation (more like oxygenating and oily)

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation (quite good but looks a bit heavy)

Napolean Perdis Sheer Genius foundation (slides off after 2 hours, even with primer)

This foundation is easy to apply and sits well. For all you full-time gals, your makeup will last 9+ hours without further touch up.

The only downfall is the price - it's a bit expensive, but I'll keep repurchasing regardless

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The first super full coverage foundation that I have ever used that looks super natural and not flat at all. It's so highly pigmented/thick though that blending with your fingers is much better than a brush or sponge because you can really melt the foundation into your skin were as the other methods make it sit on top of your skin causing a lot of streaks. I do set this with loose powder and bake on top of it but I don't think it's needed to make this last all day. Although this product is a cream it lasts all day on my skin and never breaks up when my insane oils come through. I get complete coverage of my purple neck scars and blemishes, never visible. This is exactly like the Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo foundation except the finish is so much better.

PREFACE: Okay, so I did something (a few things) I try not to EVER do, and that is buy a foundation online without color-matching myself in the store (especially an expensive one!). My skin is a bit bipolar, in that it isn't quite sure what kind of undertone it has at any given moment..I swear it changes all of the time. I also broke another one of my rules, which was buying something solely off a beauty guru's review/recommendation...especially a foundation. Everyone's skin is so different and our preferences are even more broad, and in the past I have made the mistake of seeing some guru with porcelain skin post a foundation application and was mesmerized, despite knowing damn good and well that they have filters to the heavens that make them look that way in a video or photo. That all being said, I got lucky with this one because it actually worked out for me in both product and shade.

COVERAGE: This foundation is medium to full-coverage, hands down. I can do two pumps and get a legit medium coverage out of it. It is a slightly heavy, but creamy consistency that blends like a dream with both a brush and a sponge (in my opinion). I actually prefer using both with this foundation...I go in with a brush initially (usually my Sigma flat top or my Artis 10) and then I go over it with the leftover product on my mixing palette with a beauty blender/real tech sponge. It blends out beautifully, it truly does, however, it is very easy to go overboard with this foundation, which is why I suggest to start sparingly and figure the perfect amount for YOUR skin. Like everyone, I have found that some foundations (any product, actually) are literally lapped up by my skin and some it only takes a small amount for the same coverage. I did/do find that I don't have to use as much concealer when I use this foundation, which I like....

FINISH/SHADES: This one has a very satin finish, but can go to a matte finish very easily with a setting powder. I do not find it dewy at all, which was surprising for me. The color selection is decent. Just for comparison's sake, I am usually Buff Beige in Wet'n'Wild's Photo Finish and 102 in Millani Conceal and Perfect (it oxidizes on me) OR for higher end foundations, I'm usually Y335 in MFE HD and I believe Buttermilk in Clinique Beyond Perfecting 2 in 1, I am also #32 in Chanel's newest vanilla filled jar and extremely expensive for light/medium/natural coverage type foundation..LOL. Let me just say that I got EXTREMELY LUCKY that NUDE was a match for me. It does not oxidize on my skin at all. The Nude shade I am using definitely pulls yellow on me, which is fine for my (very confused) skin tone. I suggest really researching it, but I also suggest that you get color-matched in a store with any foundation, despite my own actions. I get a good six to eight hours of wear out of it, and that is set with a powder (ByTerry Hyaluronic, Cody Airspun, Laura Mercier Translucent, RCMA, etc). I do also want to mention that I have gone over my eyes when applying this to fresh skin and it surprisingly is a great eye shadow base once set with powder, as well. A nice "bonus" that it has.

CONS: The biggest con I can foresee is the packaging could cause some issues once it starts to get low. You can't see into the "bottle" and it is a taller package, so digging it out could be problematic. I would also imagine that when it does start to run out it will be a surprise because, again, you can't see where you stand with how much product is left. That being said, it does come with a pump, which is what I prefer.

OVERALL: I was very pleased with this foundation and will continue to use it and would repurchase it. I will probably use it most often in the winter months because I like to use lighter coverage for summer, but I am using it for dinners out and important meetings, etc right now.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i have very oily skin and it is the best foundation I have ever used. It lasts all day and stays matte for a long time. It is not very heavy but The coverage is excellent. It is my favourite foundation and The range of shades is amazing

on 2/25/2017 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Maybe if I used this when I was younger, I would have given it a better rating but as it stands, it is nothing to write home about. The product is super thick and heavy. If you are trying to cover your skin in a good concealer, I recommend this. However if you have oily skin, this melts within hours no matter what. So make the long story short, this may work for people with problematic skins but I would not recommend it.

on 3/20/2017 11:43:00 AM

At first I was disappointed with this product, I'd hoped it would be a more dewy version of ELDW without the spf which I find causes flashback on photos. It isn't similar at all, the liquid is very thick and when I tried to apply it using my fingers (my usual method) it was very dry in consistency, smeared, clung to dry patches, sank into fine lines and generally looked awful. Applying powder on top didn't seem to help either and looked patchy.
HOWEVER: I have found a way to make it work! I found out my beauty blender sponge which Iv never liked to use with previous foundations and use this damp to apply the foundation in layers, over heavily moisturised skin. Using it this way leaves me looking airbrushed yet incredibly natural!
My only complaint is it does transfer unlike the ELDW. I will continue to use ELDW for days when I need to look perfect all day but this foundation looks beautiful for a more everyday look. If you've been struggling to make this work for you then please try a damp beauty blender, even if you'd written them off like I had!!!

on 2/19/2017 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation, bought it recently as I wanted to compare it with hourglass foundation stick. Much preferred the finish and lasting power of this on my normal to oily (oily t zone) skin. Feels lightweight, gives great coverage and its not an extremely dry matte finish on the skin which I love. I've got the shade buff, I'm a nc 20/25 in mac foundations.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation, it is my holy grail! They're not over exaggerating when they say one pump to cover the full face flawlessly, I use 1/2 - 3/4 of a pump and it easily covers my full face and gives the best full coverage. (I have combination - oily skin) I prefer this foundation so much more than Estee Lauder Double Wear. If you're hesitating to buy this product, don't, you won't regret it!