Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème

Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème
Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème

3.7

Dimethicone, Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Isododecane, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Disodium Edta, Caprylhydroxamic Acid. May Contain/ Peut Contenir [+/-]: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation, it is my holy grail! They're not over exaggerating when they say one pump to cover the full face flawlessly, I use 1/2 - 3/4 of a pump and it easily covers my full face and gives the best full coverage. (I have combination - oily skin) I prefer this foundation so much more than Estee Lauder Double Wear. If you're hesitating to buy this product, don't, you won't regret it!

on 3/20/2017 11:43:00 AM

At first I was disappointed with this product, I'd hoped it would be a more dewy version of ELDW without the spf which I find causes flashback on photos. It isn't similar at all, the liquid is very thick and when I tried to apply it using my fingers (my usual method) it was very dry in consistency, smeared, clung to dry patches, sank into fine lines and generally looked awful. Applying powder on top didn't seem to help either and looked patchy.
HOWEVER: I have found a way to make it work! I found out my beauty blender sponge which Iv never liked to use with previous foundations and use this damp to apply the foundation in layers, over heavily moisturised skin. Using it this way leaves me looking airbrushed yet incredibly natural!
My only complaint is it does transfer unlike the ELDW. I will continue to use ELDW for days when I need to look perfect all day but this foundation looks beautiful for a more everyday look. If you've been struggling to make this work for you then please try a damp beauty blender, even if you'd written them off like I had!!!

on 2/25/2017 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Maybe if I used this when I was younger, I would have given it a better rating but as it stands, it is nothing to write home about. The product is super thick and heavy. If you are trying to cover your skin in a good concealer, I recommend this. However if you have oily skin, this melts within hours no matter what. So make the long story short, this may work for people with problematic skins but I would not recommend it.

on 2/19/2017 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation, bought it recently as I wanted to compare it with hourglass foundation stick. Much preferred the finish and lasting power of this on my normal to oily (oily t zone) skin. Feels lightweight, gives great coverage and its not an extremely dry matte finish on the skin which I love. I've got the shade buff, I'm a nc 20/25 in mac foundations.

on 1/28/2017 1:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This foundation is great it's just not great for me. The coverage is outstanding, however all the pores I didn't know I had came out of hiding;) even though I doused my face with Mac prep and prime it still looked very "foundationy". It made my skin look very textured.

I'm an NC20 and was given a sample of the shade Sand which was perfect. Sad this didn't work out.

I think this is more targeted towards oily skin.

on 1/25/2017 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

HG for me. I bought this after getting color matched in Sephora, which I was hesitant to do (my shade is Mink and many companies don't make decent darker shades that are neutral-cool). But lo! This stuff is awesome. It's heavily pigmented and 1 pump gives me a polished I-have-good-skin look. 2 pumps gives me beat to the gods flawless coverage. I've tried this with a brush and a BeautyBlender and much prefer the BB but it has to be more damp than normal because I find that with a drier BB, this thing doesn't move. It sets very quickly and that's what I took off one lippie for.

Other than that. I would cry hot, salty tears if they ever discontinued this because after many years searching, I've finally found a great coverage foundation that matches me completely. I wear it over Hourglass' primer for the ultimate perfect face.

on 1/25/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Can't live without this! I know it's a miss for some ladies but for my purposes, it's a staple part of my everyday makeup routine. My skin is so hard to match. I'm somewhere in theNC50/Lancome 520S/Clinique Clove, L'Oreal Cocoa range... it depends lol.

Daily I use Clinique Stay Matte in Clove all over and use this in Tobacco to very subtly highlight/conceal under eyes/cheeks, eyelids, forehead, chin, etc. It is too thick (and too light) for all over my face but excellent on top of my base. I LOVE the seemless results and have been using this for probably 4 years now. This foundation in Tobacco is so peculiar - it applies about 2 shades too light and then adjusts/oxidzes immediatley. I would have NEVER chosen this shade for my skin tone if the chic at Sephora hadn't recommended it. I apply it by dabbing with fingers until it melts in and then smooth it out with a beauty blender, then set with loose powder - setting is a must. I takes time to apply for sure but leaves a smooth, pretty and semi-matte finish.

I like that this is gentle, covers very well, no scent, a bottle lasts forever, and is long wearing. More yellow based colors in the line would be nice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

So confused. The Olive shade looked so green in swatches, but it's straight up peachy on me. I really need makeup lines to come through with some neutral/cool yellow olive foundations (that aren't beige) for darker skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Literally one of the worst foundations I have ever used for oily skin. I bought this because they were out of my shade in my holy grail, the kat von d lock it foundation, and the Sephora worker told me this one was like it. Lol HELL no. I've never had a problem with fine lines before in my life and this foundation settles into any and every fine line possible. I'm 20 and it makes me look like I have wrinkles. You basically HAVE to set it with a powder, and I set it with the Laura mercier and it still looks terrible. Honestly the worst foundation I've ever used and I was so disappointed. I liked the packaging and the price wasn't too bad compared to other foundations I like to buy, but absolutely will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

My first impression was not good because this makeup sets fast and I wasn't prepared for how thick and pigmented it is, but after a few uses I have it figured out. My skin is dry so I need to put on my moisturizer a little heavy, give it a few minutes to soak in, and then apply this foundation, working quickly to spread it. When it is set, it doesn't budge, and is so far the nicest full coverage foundation I have ever used. It wears all day and doesn't feel heavy either or look cake-y. One pump goes a long way, I try not to do a full pump because I can cover my whole face with a partial one, but the pump is tricky and is more likely to give more than not enough,
Applying it with a makeup brush (I have tried several shapes/kinds) doesn't work for me because of product absorbtion and the brushes all made it feel drier and go on splotchy, so I use my fingers. I haven't tried a beauty blender yet, but I am going to!
The only reason why I won't repurchase this is because this is my second full coverage foundation I have ever used - the other is Clinique continuous coverage, and only as a concealer or sheered out. It's the inability to sheer out the Becca that makes me want to look elsewhere.
Update:
I think that this is definitely a full coverage foundation and although the nicest I have ever used, I feel it is noticeable up close that I am wearing makeup. So, I have tried other methods of applying this, and find that for my very dry skin it is easier to spread when I mix it with a drop of oil (thank you Wayne, you are right). Not just any oil though, but a lighter single oil like jojoba or argan. Mind you it does darken it up just a tad, but fortunately I bought my foundation a tad light on purpose. I feel I can sheer this down to a medium coverage that doesn't set up so fast. I recommend mixing this 50/50 with whatever lightweight oil your face likes best and using fingers first, then giving it a quick blend with a brush. P.s. I don't like their primer, waaay too much fragrance.