Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème

Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème
Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème

3.6

Dimethicone, Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Isododecane, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Disodium Edta, Caprylhydroxamic Acid. May Contain/ Peut Contenir [+/-]: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So confused. The Olive shade looked so green in swatches, but it's straight up peachy on me. I really need makeup lines to come through with some neutral/cool yellow olive foundations (that aren't beige) for darker skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Literally one of the worst foundations I have ever used for oily skin. I bought this because they were out of my shade in my holy grail, the kat von d lock it foundation, and the Sephora worker told me this one was like it. Lol HELL no. I've never had a problem with fine lines before in my life and this foundation settles into any and every fine line possible. I'm 20 and it makes me look like I have wrinkles. You basically HAVE to set it with a powder, and I set it with the Laura mercier and it still looks terrible. Honestly the worst foundation I've ever used and I was so disappointed. I liked the packaging and the price wasn't too bad compared to other foundations I like to buy, but absolutely will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

My first impression was not good because this makeup sets fast and I wasn't prepared for how thick and pigmented it is, but after a few uses I have it figured out. My skin is dry so I need to put on my moisturizer a little heavy, give it a few minutes to soak in, and then apply this foundation, working quickly to spread it. When it is set, it doesn't budge, and is so far the nicest full coverage foundation I have ever used. It wears all day and doesn't feel heavy either or look cake-y. One pump goes a long way, I try not to do a full pump because I can cover my whole face with a partial one, but the pump is tricky and is more likely to give more than not enough,
Applying it with a makeup brush (I have tried several shapes/kinds) doesn't work for me because of product absorbtion and the brushes all made it feel drier and go on splotchy, so I use my fingers. I haven't tried a beauty blender yet, but I am going to!
The only reason why I won't repurchase this is because this is my second full coverage foundation I have ever used - the other is Clinique continuous coverage, and only as a concealer or sheered out. It's the inability to sheer out the Becca that makes me want to look elsewhere.

on 12/6/2016 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I purchased in shades Tan and Tobacco. I mix both together to get my perfect shade. Cafe or Amber would have probably been a better choice instead of buying 2 foundations and mixing. I apply using a damp Real Techniques blending sponge. The coverage is full yet it doesn't look cakey. This is one of the better foundations that I have tried but I'm not to the point where I would repurchase if I ran out. Overall, this foundation deserves a chance, so try it out if you like a full coverage but natural looking finish.

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. I love the canvas I can create, and the foundation's longevity and texture, but goodness, do I have to work to make it happen. Just using my normal methods don't work- buffing with a Real Techniques buffing brush lays too much product making a cakey mess and it doesn't blend well when I pat with a beauty blender. I have to do both using really light layers using a setting spray or misting water to thin it out. When I go the extra mile, I have full coverage, beautiful texture, long wear and a semi matte finish.

on 11/24/2016 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is perfect for those transitioning into wearing a full face of makeup. My previous HG Teint Miracle, while my go to for a dewy base, just requires too much of my time in the way of finishing with setting powder and having to mix shades. Becca's UCC is perfect for an oily face like mine, I haven't been able to apply foundation and not finish with a setting powder since I was 16 and didn't realize how much I needed it lmao.

First off I have read many reviewers here saying this is hard to blend and impossible to do with fingers, I completely disagree. I'm not a fan of brushes when it comes to application of liquids at all, so I was initially concerned that with such a pigmented foundation, tools would be essential. To my relief I found this pretty straightforward to apply, I think if your applying small amounts at a time you'll find its a lot easier to blend a smaller area then trying to tackle large sections in one hit.

I found the shade shell matched perfectly, for reference I'm a NC15, and shell is lighter then the lightest shade in Teint Miracle (01). My boyfriend commented that it made my skin look milky which is what I was aiming for (with most shades I tend to look a little more like off milk due to strong yellow tones).

Overall this foundation is a 9/10 for me. Great colour payoff, perfect finish (matt enough to keep my oil at bay, satin enough to not result in looking like I've been attacked with Estee Lauders Double Wear). I haven't yet worn this for a full day so I will need to update on longevity but overall loving this foundation at the moment!

on 11/17/2016 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I've had to switch to liquid foundation following a horrible acne breakout that has left lots of scars over my right cheek. My mineral foundation just isn't enough at the moment.

I went to SpaceNK on Regent Street because they have just opened their flagship store, and I wanted to check it out. I thought I might as well get a full coverage foundation - the first in my stash and Becca won.

Pros:
It's my exact skin tone! I chose Sandalwood and Mahogany to try out, but Sandalwood was perfect for my skin. If you have warm (yellow) undertones, I think you'll do well with Becca. I'm not sure about those with red undertones.

It's almost full coverage! Not quite full, but you'd have to try really hard to see my scars. I'm quite insecure about them at the moment, so I'm really chuffed that I can look 'normal' again.

It doesn't look cakey! One of my main gripes about liquid foundation has always been that they make you look like you've got a mask on. But the technology has certainly improved, and this just makes me look like I have perfect skin. The way it's meant to!

It lasts all day! It really does! At the end of the day, I have a little bit of oil come through, but it looks more like dewiness than annoying greasiness.

It's fragrance free!

It's *feels* lightweight (in my opinion), but it is thick.

Cons:

Since it's a little thick, you have to work fast or you won't be able to blend it properly.

Transfer :-( !! It transfers all over the place, a little more than I'm used to or am willing to tolerate.

The bottle is not transparent, so I can't see how much I have left. I'll just have to guess and take the clue when no product comes out...

I did a lot of research about the application of this and decided to apply with the Cover Fx Custom Blending Brush, which I already happened to have. I read on someone's review that the brush pretty much acts like the BeautyBlender, and I have to say I agree. I don't really like the BeautyBlender (way too much hassle for me...), so I was looking for a good alternative. This brush definitely does it for me. It blends my foundation *perfectly*.
I set it with Becca Blotting Powder Perfector (in Translucent) and that eliminates any oiliness or greasiness and ensures that my foundation stays on.

So far I haven't had any issues with spots, so I will continue to use (and try out other full coverage foundations, while I'm at it).

I chose yes to the repurchase question, but we all know that I would have moved on to the next *best foundation ever*. But it is a good option to try out, should you fancy it.

on 10/29/2016 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation should have been everything I ever wanted in a foundation. Full coverage, not too matte or too luminous, transfer resistant, high water content to help hydrate, good shade selection at least on the lighter end of the spectrum. So many good qualities! Unfortunately, this foundation just sucks for me. It is very concentrated, I can literally use about half a pump for my whole face. It does cover redness well and evens out my skin tone. But it sets incredibly fast resulting in a blotchy splotchy finish. I had to use a damp blender sponge which in turn sheered out the coverage. I tried with several different primers and moisturizers underneath but always got the same results. If you work and blend fast as hell it might work for you but I'm just not quick enough. It also seemed to pool in my pores and fine lines regardless of primer used. And it tended to cling to dry spots and looked a little cakey in some areas, especially between my eyebrows. Another issue I faced was oxidation, which in my case worked out because Buff is a shade or so too light for me but within a couple hours it oxidized so much it matched. The packaging was on this foundation is okay, but I don't love the solid bottle because you can't see how much product is left. I did like the pump though as it pumps a very small amount so it doesn't result in wasted product. However, I just couldn't make this work. I don't return makeup often, but this one went back.

on 10/7/2016 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Most if my foundations provide medium coverage but I wanted to have a full coverage option so I decided to give this a try.

The texture of this is great and I find it long wearing on my oily skin.The only issue I had was that the Ultimate Coverage Creme runs dark compared to other Becca foundations I've used.

I am an NC42 and the shade Bamboo matches me in the other Becca foundations I've tried (Radiant, Luminous) but when I ordered this in my usual Bamboo shade I found it was too dark for me.

So I'd say Bamboo in this line is around NC43 - NC44. Because I do really like this foundation I've ordered the Olive shade to mix with the Bamboo which should give me a better match.

on 9/10/2016 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wow. This foundation is amazing. I love it so much. It's definitely medium to full coverage (personally I'd say it's more full) but be careful because i can see it being cakey if applied with a heavy hand. I only used 2-3 pumps, which seems like a lot but the pump doesnt dispense much so you're only really using a small amount. How I applied it was to my finger tip and then i dabbed it all over my face and buffed it into my skin with my tarte airbrush bamboo foundation brush. I always spray my brush with a setting spray because i find it helps to blend out the product better. I do this for all of my foundations, btw. I also went over it and pressed the product in with a slightly damp beauty blender which helped it look a tad less matte. I love a matte face but i was going to a wedding and i wanted a slightly dewy face so the damp BB helped me achieve that. It covered all my imperfections and blemishes and scars perfectly. For as thick as this foundation is, it doesnt feel heavy at all. I find it to be very light weight.

It blends really well and even. Its not streaky and there's no SPF in it which is nice because i hate the ashy grey cast and flash back spf foundations cause. This foundation did not oxidize on me. It dries pretty quick, so I recommend working fast and in sections. Its a gorgeous, beautiful, very pigmented base. The colour range is really good and very WOC friendly. I initially got the wrong colour in Amber and it looked horrible so if you try it and think its too light or dark try another shade because it can make a world of a difference. I went up a shade to Tobacco and it was perfect for me.

Cost wise, it's a pretty penny but i believe it's worth it. I used this in conjunction with the Becca ever matte poreless primer and my face stayed completely matte the entire night from 4pm until after 1am. I went to the wedding and was dancing up a storm and even though yes i was sweating I'd pat my face with a napkin and didnt even have to reapply powder or anything.

I wanna say it was magic tbh lol. At 1am i came home and looked in the mirror and you could tell my makeup had faded a bit but as much as i was dancing and sweating on my face i thought it would've been gone completely. There was no breakdown of the foundation or anything whatsoever. I have never seen that before in my life.

This may be my holy grail foundation, guys. I thought I loved the NARS all day luminous but this is definitely much better, imo.