J. Lo Glow

Filtered by hair type : Other
J. Lo Glow

3.0

Not good at all! Smells aweful!

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Glow is very clean, it reminds me of a bundle of fresh clean laundry. Right now I have on one wrist some Glow EDT and the other wrist Estee EDP by Estee Lauder. They're both crisp, clean fresh scents, similar but also different. Estee been warmer with a more distinct fragrance. Glow seems crisper, clearer but more scratchy-fresh and airy but not feminine because laundry fresh has no gender.
Glow is for Spring and Summer.
I can see how some reviewers don't like it. it comes across as an uncluttered scent but a bit too scratchy and could cause coughing.
This has an impressive ability to last 9+ hours on me.
If a pure clean scent is what you want you will have a hard time beating this one.
Could be discontinued, you might have to hunt.

on 6/13/2014 10:20:00 PM

I'm stunned that this is a controversial fragrance in any way. It smells pristine beyond measure-- like Dove soap with a sprinking of bubbly pink grapefruit and tea roses. Clean, fresh, delicate and absolutely lacking in sweetness, funk, or heaviness of any kind. (That said, the EDT wears more like an EDP and this stuff can give headaches if overapplied, as could just about anything.) It's an uplifting spritz after a shower, and continues to surround the wearer in fresh soapy musk for hours. A good pick for summer. I always get compliments on it.

The only think I can think of is that this isn't fruity or caramelly at all, and that is what most folks expect out of a celebu-scent these days. JLo broke ground with this one, and even if it isn't terribly unique, it does hark back to the '70s (when she and I were both growing up, albeit with very different booties :)) when rosy, soapy scents (like Tea Rose and Coriandre) and musk oils were both in vogue. Not at all a dated scent, though. Just clean and lovely. Wish the bottle was prettier and less goofy, but I'll live.

on 3/9/2013 3:33:00 PM

This smell is so musty and unpleasant. I happen to like other J.LO scents but this was a miss for me. I gave this scent to my friend and luckily she liked it. I will not buy again.

on 2/19/2013 12:54:00 PM

This is not a sexy scent, not sweet nor fruity. This is a _reeeally_ clean scent, it has a very sharp clean scent to it, maybe too sharp for my liking in fresh perfumes, so it's more for a sporty/casual girl. Nothing for you gourmand lovers! :)

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I can see how this has gained an enormous following, it's quite pleasant but it smells like the China Rain fragrances of every oil shop in town.
For my personal taste it has too much musk and is too sweet. Fortunately, it tends to have an evanescence that leaves the observer wanting more rather than being overpowered.

on 10/25/2011 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Oh how I love this scent! It's one of my all-time favorite scents! The only problem is that it makes me sneeze & I'm trying to get away from nasty ingredients in products. Fragrance is a blanket term used to mask 100's of ingredients combined to concoct the fragrances we love. After some time, I was able to find a company that duplicates popular scents using essential oils & the awesome part is that it lasts longer than any commercial parfum I've purchased. I was able to have 'Glow' made for me & it smells just the same, thank goodness.

I've never really been a Jennifer Lopez fan but I tried this when it came out and instantly fell in love with this scent. This has pretty much been my main perfume over the years and I still love it just as much as I did back then.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. It's so cheap, but it smells so clean and fresh. Tyra Banks also admits to loving this scent. It's very fresh and soapy.

on 4/19/2011 3:34:00 PM

A nice, clean scent that is a good alternative to the very sweet scents out therer right now. It is a bit more classic (I don't get 'old lady', but then again, I'm not sure what people mean by this expression, seems a rather mean thing to say anyway) because it is powdery and has a rosy smell to it, but enough depth and lasts for a long time.

Popular Fragrances