J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.7

on 8/1/2016 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because it was on sale fairly cheap. It's a bit too soapy smelling to me, not sophisticated (not that I always like sophisticated) but this is just too much generic "soap" and nothing else. It seems to last a long time so if you like it that's a definite plus. The bottle is okay I guess, price was decent but this is just not for me. Would not repurchase.

on 7/30/2016 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this perfume and most of jlos other ones .. It has a light clean smell slightly sweet and soapy fresh and the lasting power is very good that's why I keep going back to it but the bottle is ugly lol ..

To Read all 1233 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/12/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a fragrance I've been wearing on and off again since its initial release in 2002.

When it's on: the fragrance is lightly sweet, powdery, delicate flowers, with a touch of something like sunscreen, sand, beach, waves, and sandalwood. I wear this almost exclusively in the warmer months and get frequent compliments on it. The longevity and silage are medium, which means I can wear it very lightly to keep the scent closer to my skin instead of obtrusively blasting any room with my fragrance and it's not entirely necessary to reapply throughout the day. It's a rather simple fragrance, but clean and enjoyable nevertheless.

When it's off: boy is it off. Somehow that undertone of sunscreen and beach morphs into bug repellent and chemicals. The scent turns heavy and cloying and oddly musky. I'd normally think this would be a sign of a bottle that's gone off, but I've gone off and on again with the exact same bottle a number of times, so it can't be that. Perhaps this perfume is highly reactive to body chemistry or other scented products one might use? I have no idea. As many times as I've gone off of it is as many times as I've come back round again. A total mystery!

I would still recommend this fragrance, maybe check it out a few times before purchasing or give it a chance on different occasions to see how it works. When it smells nice, it really is a great everyday fragrance.

OK,so ... I tried and (still am) to find my 'signature' perfume and i tested really a lot perfumes...But something made me buy this one ...NICE BOOTLE MAYBE? or the price? i got it for 35euros....And of course the smell...it is clean - fresh -maybe sunscreeny? and a nice overal smell not overpowering...
I think i am happy with it for now.

Not good at all! Smells aweful!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is not a complicated fragrance. The initial spritz is pure alcohol and sharp. After a few minutes, I detected peach and rose. The dry down is a powdery scent that lingers (think Love's Baby Soft mixed with Calgon Peach Body Mist...both available at CVS. Still it does not make me wretch and I haven't been compelled to throw it away. I can live with it. Nobody has even acknowledged that I smell good so it can't be that great.

on 3/3/2016 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this scent a lot! It's flowery fresh a little soapy in the best possible way. It is a little strong and almost 'old lady" smelling at first spritz but it doesn't last long at all and then it just smells wonderful to me.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Glow is very clean, it reminds me of a bundle of fresh clean laundry. Right now I have on one wrist some Glow EDT and the other wrist Estee EDP by Estee Lauder. They're both crisp, clean fresh scents, similar but also different. Estee been warmer with a more distinct fragrance. Glow seems crisper, clearer but more scratchy-fresh and airy but not feminine because laundry fresh has no gender.
Glow is for Spring and Summer.
I can see how some reviewers don't like it. it comes across as an uncluttered scent but a bit too scratchy and could cause coughing.
This has an impressive ability to last 9+ hours on me.
If a pure clean scent is what you want you will have a hard time beating this one.
Could be discontinued, you might have to hunt.

JLO Might have a nice booty but she dont know how to pick a smell for it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

JLo's stuff for me is always so hit and miss, and this one was a miss for me.
I bought this years ago and did not care for it then, so it sat in the back of my perfume stash until recently. Remembered why I did not care for it.

I remember this being kind of popular with the 20-somethings when it first came out, and I bought it bc I smelled it on a girl whom it smelled lovely on. I don't know if her scent was mixed with something else, but this is truly nothing special, and imho does not merit the price tag (sorry JLo and fans). To me, this actually smells similar to those knockoff perfumes 'If you like blah-blah perfume, you will love this!'--cheap and tacky (again, sorry).

Add in the cap is pretty tacky and cheap..no thanks. The bottle is somewhat pretty, but to me, give me a prettier smelling fragrance over a pretty bottle (and no, the bottle is not that special, either, but somewhat pretty).

I am not good at describing notes, all I can say is to me, this smells like a drugstore perfume. Way overpriced. JMO, obviously it's been around a while, so there are folks who do like it. To each their own. ;)

One final note, this lasts about 3 hours on me, which is not terrible, but for this being a more pricey fragrance (buy it in a set if you can, pretty good deals then!), I just feel it should last longer than just a few short hours. I will say dry-down smells pretty much the same as when first applied, so there is that. I rarely spray scents directly on my skin, I often spray them after I am completely dressed and 'walk' into the fragrance (spraying 2 or more times for weaker fragrances or scents that do not last long), so I can't really say my body chemistry alters this fragrance. Besides, even spraying this randomly in the air, I just do not care for it.

Bummer bc for some reason I really wanted to like this, even back then when it first came out (and no, I am not a JLo fan, nor do I dislike her).

It's a little funny, bc on fragrance.net, the notes are listed as "flowers, fruit and amber with vanilla make this clean, alluring scent"--all of which would make me think I would love this fragrance, but I detect none of that, which is sad, bc that description is exactly the type of fragrance I love. It is also listed as being best for daytime. Mehhh, to me it screams something I would think you would smell in a bordello (sorry, jmho)...

Even when this was brand-new, it had an odd scent, I should have returned it. When I pulled this out again recently, I thought maybe I got a bad bottle, but I then recently tested it in the department store again recently, and it smelled the same as the bottle I had at home (which was bought at the same department store I tested it at).

The price seems to have dropped since I first bought it years ago. Or maybe I just do not get sticker shock like I used to when I was younger. *shrug*

Thank goodness there are no shortage of perfumes out there!!!
I think I will be donating this to a friend or neighbor who might like this scent.

Popular Fragrances