J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.8

on 5/10/2013 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love Glow! This is the only perfume I've ever worn at work that made a *male* coworker stop in his tracks and ask what it was.

He was passing through my work area -- stopped, looked around, asked what that perfume was -- and when I told him it was Glow by Jennifer Lopez, he said he had smelled the same thing on a cashier at Lowes Home Improvement and had asked her what it was, it smelled so good to him.

I can only wear Glow in hot weather, and it's perfect then -- hot, humid, sweaty, sultry summer weather. I never really liked it that much when it first came out, but then in hot hot weather, all of a sudden it was *perfect*. It just needed the hot weather to bloom. I have since tried wearing it at other times of the year -- early Fall, for example -- no, it doesn't work for me then.

This is definitely a your-skin-but-better scent. A warm, natural, clean, human skin scent -- soft, musky, and pretty. Blends and melds with natural skin's scent. Great stuff -- the drydown is fabulous in the hot weather, especially outdoors. I'll always have Glow in my collection.

Caution -- to me, Glow is strong stuff even though it's an EDT, and it lasts very well. I have to remind myself to spritz lightly, or Glow can be overwhelming IMHO, even though it's essentially a light fresh musk. Very good bang for your buck with this one.

ADDENDUM 7/10/15: I just received the 7/20 issue of US Weekly, and on page 4, there is a "What's In My Bag?" article featuring actress Leah Remini. She formerly played Kevin James' wife in the TV show "The King of Queens" and now has a family reality show on cable.

Leah, who is 45, says she carries a bottle ("not sample size") of J.Lo Glow in her bag, saying that she and Jennifer Lopez have been friends for 12 years, and when Leah spritzes Glow, people ask her, "What is that?!"

J.Lo supported Leah from the audience of "Dancing With The Stars" when Leah was a contestant (Fall 2014?) -- so it figures Leah would wear Glow. But it also sounds like she gets positive reactions from others.

on 9/4/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Wonderful CLEAN skin scent ~ I realize this came out ages ago but I was searching for a soft neutral daytime fragrance and this is so underrated! I wanted a powdery fresh soapy scent and this J.Lo Glow definitely fits into that category. Upon the initial spray this is quite a dry sunscreen beachy kind of vibe at first - which I LOVE - and on the dry down it goes straight to a clean cotton fabric softener scent. If you like the CLEAN brand or Philosophy "Graces" type of fragrances try this one out as its still around and is a little less expensive than those.You can purchase the 3.4 oz for around $20. If you are sensitive to strong fragrances like I am this is quite neutral and doesn't overwhelm. I think its fantastic and has moderate longevity and I would definitely repurchase this!

on 3/2/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Somehow reminds me of something I wore when I was young in the 70's maybe "loves baby soft". I think that's the appeal for me. Lasts long, good for everyday.

on 1/5/2013 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yuck. I still cringe every time I see the bottle - the smell seems to be burnt into my mind. To me this smells very synthetic, plastic, newly sharpened pencils and laundry detergent with a little flower on top. Very crisp and clean, but not in a good way - the mental image I get when smelling this is an office with only women. They are all very cold (personality-wise), walking back and forth, not looking at he sides, quite unfriendly...

I have never had a more complete change of heart about a product before this. Twice in department stores I tried it, and both times I hated it. Many months passed. Then when I was wandering around a Walgreens one day I tried the smells-like version and loved it and bought that. Then I let my girlfriend try the smells-like stuff and she said it smelled like bug spray (and I was ready to buy the real deal at the department store.) The fake stuff really did smell like bug spray. But I tried the stuff at the dept store (in wisconsin that usually means Boston Store) and for some reason I just loved it (no bug spray smell.) It's very grapefruit to me, but also clean laundry-ish (which I love). And I hated the bottle design previously (really hated) but it's growing on me. How can I hate anything with rhinestones?

on 6/19/2017 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this based on reviews on another site dedicated to fragrances. I absolutely hated it at first and it sat unused for quite a while because right out of the bottle it's a burst of white flowers and alcohol and not very pleasant to my nose. I decided to give it another chance and was pleased that after a half hour or maybe an hour it settles down into a clean, soapy scent. That's a good thing on a hot summer day. I have a 1oz bottle and won't repurchase after it's gone. It's OK for now and I'll use it all but there are better fresh, summer fragrances out there.

on 7/12/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a fragrance I've been wearing on and off again since its initial release in 2002.

When it's on: the fragrance is lightly sweet, powdery, delicate flowers, with a touch of something like sunscreen, sand, beach, waves, and sandalwood. I wear this almost exclusively in the warmer months and get frequent compliments on it. The longevity and silage are medium, which means I can wear it very lightly to keep the scent closer to my skin instead of obtrusively blasting any room with my fragrance and it's not entirely necessary to reapply throughout the day. It's a rather simple fragrance, but clean and enjoyable nevertheless.

When it's off: boy is it off. Somehow that undertone of sunscreen and beach morphs into bug repellent and chemicals. The scent turns heavy and cloying and oddly musky. I'd normally think this would be a sign of a bottle that's gone off, but I've gone off and on again with the exact same bottle a number of times, so it can't be that. Perhaps this perfume is highly reactive to body chemistry or other scented products one might use? I have no idea. As many times as I've gone off of it is as many times as I've come back round again. A total mystery!

I would still recommend this fragrance, maybe check it out a few times before purchasing or give it a chance on different occasions to see how it works. When it smells nice, it really is a great everyday fragrance.

on 9/20/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought my second bottle of this. It's the perfect go-to scent for every day. So clean and fresh, and the price is right, too. Yeah, it smells somewhat of soap, but that's not a bad thing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells of overpowering cheap soap, smell lasts for ages and gave me a headache, couldnt wait to wash it off! Gave it away as I couldn't stand it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Iím not sure how to describe GLOW, other then fresh and clean. I donít pick up on the individual notes, so I just get the overall impression of the notes; it creates a fresh, energetic burst and gives a clean, soapy feel to the wearer.

Itís great for everyday wear, as it has great staying power. Keep a bottle in your bag for when you have to use public transport Ė one spray really helps you to feel cleansed. Suitable all year round.

On the down side you must spray lightly. I've been too heavy handed a few times and have had migraines as a result.

Scent notes: orange flower, pink grapefruit, Neroli, rose, sandalwood, soft amber, jasmine, vanilla, musk & orris.

Popular Fragrances