BeneFit Cosmetics World Famous Neutrals - Easiest Nudes Ever

BeneFit Cosmetics World Famous Neutrals - Easiest Nudes Ever

on 8/10/2016 2:34:00 PM

I feel really bad giving this product a bad review because it was a gift from a friend who has great makeup (but who never uses eyes makeup because she has monolids and sparse, downward pointing lashes - she focuses on luminous skin and lips instead). I am Asian with warm light-medium to medium toned skin depending on the season in the year. I have oily lids, but this is offset by eye primer. I normally set out my reviews in a pros and con structure, but to be honest I can only list issues with this product.

I think this set would mostly suit fair skin tones, just because the pressed e/s in Pinky Swear (light pink colour) and Call my Bluff (bone colour) came off very chalky and made the skin around my eyes very dull. So I guess you might also wanna avoid these colours if you have dark circles or a hollow-set eye.

Quick, Look Busy (dark brown colour) kind of just brushed away as soon as you started blending and sunk into any lines. It also began to look a bit muddy. Thanks A Latte (neutral shimmery brown) was nice, and was the best quality pressed e/s, but nothing unique.

There are no mattes in this palette. I normally use at least one matte colour as a transition or in the crease or on the lower lashline, or even to double for a brow colour but nope. That won't be an issue for a lot of people, but it was definitely an issue for me.

There are two tiny pots of creme shadow. The packaging recommends using RSVP (a really pretty mid-tone pink that borders on rose gold) as a base for your eyeshadow. I wouldn't. I used this on top of a primer and it came off patchy, glittery with no colour pay-off and at the end of three hours when I looked in the mirror it had migrated all over my lid. Even as I swatch it on the back of my hand while typing this review, it feels SO oily to the touch. I really wanted to like this one, but it's the one that had the most disappointing performance.

The last pot is No Pressure (a deeper shimmery brown than Thanks A Latte, but same as RSVP, it isn't pigmented, it moves around, it's patchy and feels very oily.

I do take this travelling because it is in a thick card box and seems very sturdy with a magnetic lid, but the box is actually huge for what little product comes inside. I think for the amount of space left in the box, a travel friendly brush could have been included, consider how suited it is to be brought around on the go. I think carrying another palette would be more space-friendly, and you'd probably have a better quality eyeshadow. You'd be better off with a z-palette. You'd be better off with Wet'n'Wild's walking on eggshells. You'd be better off just using foundation over the eyelid with liner and mascara than this.

If this wasn't a gift I probably would have thrown it away by now. I could not recommend this product to anyone.

on 1/3/2015 8:46:00 AM

I bought the World Famous line in the sexiest nude's ever edition. There are 4 pressed eye shadows and two cream shadows that come in jars. I ordered it off of because I thought the colors would compliment me since I am pale and like cool toned colors. The shadows are in the pink, mauve, champagne family. I was so excited to try it but the colors aren't very pigmented and the cream shadows crease on me. I just didn't like this set. For one, it's tiny. The entire palette is smaller than the length of my hand. The box is cheap looking and the mirror inside is hidden behind the instruction booklet, you would have to have someone hold the instructions open if you wanted to use the mirror. I will be returning this to Sephora.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this palette hoping there will be some nice neutral shades to add to my collection of eyeshadows. .There are 4 eye shadows. "Milk it" is a white chalky matte color that just looks horrible. "Pause for applause" is kind of a pinkish lavender color that looks really nice alone and blends nicely with other colors."Raincheck" is a deep plum that pairs well with "pause for applause" but nothing special about this color. Finally "blingo!" was Bingo for me! It's a metallic silver. Even though the texture isn't quite smooth , it blends well. A compliment also helped me like this color more! So I like a lot of benefit products but I feel that this palette didn't stick true to its title of "World Famous Neutrals."

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

1. Six items in the palette...comes to $5 each.
2. Good coverage
3. no fall-out
4. no gross fragrance
5. shades go with any outfit choice
6. lots of combinations

1. packaging: cute, but not travel-friendly

Summary: While I will continue to use this until it's gone, I'm gravitating more toward matte-only shades as I age. So, I won't repurchase.