New York Color HD Color Trio

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I got mine in the shade "Central Park Plums" at Kmart for $2.99. It has a nice cream shade, a dark plum shade, and a taupe shade. I used to like it but the pigmentation started to lack a lot. The cream shade did nothing for my browbone or the inner corner. The plum shade faded on the eyes after 3-4 hours and the taupe shade didn't show up much. For $2.99, this is a complete waste of your money. Buy a Wet n' Wild trio at the same price, and the quality is way better! Don't waste your time on any of these.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really enjoyed these eyeshadows. The rite aid by my house was doing 30% off all NYC cosmetics, and I went a little crazy, bought three of these trios: central park plums, blues cafe, and skyrise steel. I used the plum pallete today, and I was super impressed by hoe pigmented the colors are. You definitely want a primer under them, but I even need primer under my higher end shadows like urban decay, so that's no biggie. The colors are super pretty, and I think its really cool that they are all labeled: lid, crease, highlight. That's super useful for someone who may not be well versed in applying makeup. Overall, these shadows were pretty well pigmented, blended well, applied smoothly, and have stayed put with primer. I love beauty on a budget, sovi would purchase these again!