The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

Filtered by hair type : Other
The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 7/13/2018 11:43:00 PM

Not a fan of this stuff.

Pros:
Smells lovely
Removes foundation effectively

Cons:
Awkward packaging with a large screw on top that is hard to open and close
Greasy texture that requires multiple cotton pads or a washcloth to remove
Leaves a film in my eyes that burns

To start, I'm one of those ladies who uses things like coconut oil and a washable make-up wipe (think knock-off makeup eraser cloth) to remove my makeup/skincare at the end of the day. But I was feeling indulgent one day so I picked up this butter/balm to test out.

This cleansing butter smells very nice, and it I found that it definitely worked at removing my makeup, including mascara (not the waterproof variety, I don't own any so I don't know how well it works on that). I found that I did have to work it into my eyeliner for that to come off easily.

I bought this during one of the Body Shop's sales, a few months back. It lasted me about 4 months, which in my opinion, is not a very long time. This could also be due to the fact that I found I had to use a lot of the butter to get enough of it on my face to work, I used about the size of a walnut.

It did rinse away nicely though, like most cleansing oils, it rinsed away cleanly in a milky texture taking the makeup/residue with it, I found that it left my skin feeling a tad dry after rinsing, but my biggest issue with this cleansing butter is that it made my eyes burn something fierce every time I used it. I did not like that about it, and for that reason alone I would not repurchase.

I'm off to try some other cleansing oils/balms. Or maybe just stick to my tried and true methods.

on 8/18/2017 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have used this cleanser for over two years. It works great for my oily t-zone/combination skin. I still have to use a micellar water afterwards though, to remove the last bit of residue of makeup. A little goes a long way. I use a kidney bean-sized amount for my whole face. Always repurchase this!

Pros:
Great package for traveling
Takes most of the makeup off
Doesn't dry skin
Removes waterproof mascara and matte full coverage foundation
Subtle smell
Good price
Lasts a long time

Cons: Lid can sometimes be tricky to put back on especially with wet hands
Doesn't remove all the makeup

on 7/22/2017 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this cleansing butter! It has a lovely velvety texture and honestly feels like heaven on my skin. It dissolves makeup effectively and does not irritate my sensitive eyes. It also emulsifies really easily when you add water to rinse off. It's a great product for the price and very travel friendly. I only wish it came with a spatula.

on 4/24/2016 6:28:00 PM

This is a great product, similar to the popular Korean cleansing balms without the price tag. Its very effective, gently and emulsifies well. Most of the time you can get some kind of a deal and I got this at 40% off, give this a go, you can't go wrong. The ingredients could be higher quality and there could be some skincare benefits but for the price, its super gentle and very effective. You need a pea sized amount and extra marks for being packaged in a metal tin. Most of these things are in plastic containers which leaches chemicals into the product making it rancid.

on 1/3/2016 9:10:00 PM

I absolutely love this cleansing balm for makeup removal. It is similar in concept to Clinique's Take The Day Off or Eve Lom's balm, but it doesn't leave an oily residue or weird film. It is a clear balm that comes in a screw top tin. It removes my makeup quickly, effectively and gently, including eye makeup.

I apply it to my skin (I don't add water at this point and I don't use a cloth) and gently massage my face with my fingers it til it dissolves my makeup. Then I rinse it off with water and follow up with another cleanser to do a double cleanse. It lasts a long time, as well. I use this about 5 days a week and am only about 1/5 way in. I would absolutely repurchase and consider this to be a holy grail product.

on 1/27/2015 9:27:00 AM

It was cheap and I got sucked into the buy 4 half off. I thought it would be a cheap alternative since cleansing balms are mostly high end brands and retail closer to $60-100.

This is terrible. It's very very waxy, leaves oily residue, yet doesn't take off any face make up. This is going into the garbage.

on 12/11/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use cleansing oil to remove my foundation, followed by another cleanser, and it has kept my face feeling very nice. I love the idea of a cleansing butter, so I went out to buy this from TBS during one of their great sales. I love this! It feels luxurious during the dry winter months, and is less messy to deal with than oil, which can drip. I'm not happy about the tin. I don't generally like tins to store products, but I will put up with it for this. This is a lovely, and less expensive, alternative, to my favorite cleansing oils.