The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have bought this over and over again. I prefer it to the oil, even for getting waterproof mascara off.

It smells pleasant, but even though I have irritable rosacea skin it doesn't irritate. It feels comfortable on my skin - however I always double cleanse.

I love it for travel and only find it can be tricky to open if my hands are greasy or wet!

I bought this to replace my Clinique Take The Day Off balm and I don't think I'll go back. I get this for £7 and it lasts me around 2 months. What's not to love? I love it and will buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Close to being my favorite! I still prefer the liquid Body Shop Camomile oil cleanser, as it removes mascara better than this. BUT: this is very travel friendly, doesn't break me out, and doesn't leave my skin uncomfortably dry. When my skin needs a little exfoliation, I mix this cleanser with a little fine salt and rub my face with it - works like a charm!
Would definitely repurchase :)

Pros:
- Good for travelling/transportation
- Gentle on the skin

Cons:
- Jar can be hard to open at times
- Doesn't remove waterproof mascara as well as the liquid version

on 3/1/2017 5:39:00 AM

My favorite product to remove my makeup. It smells nice, it removes everything smoothly and doesn't sting my eyes. Before this I was using a miscellar water as my makeup remover, but always felt that I had product left on my eyes (and it would sting me!). I feel like this product removes easier and quicker - although the texture of my skin afterwards does feel a bit greasy so I now use the miscellar water after using this product for a quick cleanse.

My main complaint would be the packaging: although it is air-tight and doesn't open when travelling, you have to be careful every time you open and close the lid because it can get stuck very easily. This can make it frustratingly difficult to open

on 2/28/2017 2:55:00 PM

I like this product for cleaning my skin in winter/cold months. The scent is amazing, like fresh fluffy towels. The consistency is very easy to work with (almost creamy balm, melts right away), not as stiff like Eve lom, for example. My only complaint is that it has problem to put off waterproof mascara completely from my eyes. But for the rest of your face it´s great worker. Would I buy it again? Yes. The product works fine and the price is also great.

on 11/27/2016 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is fabulous. It's every bit as good as similar products I use from Clinique or Clarins but so much less expensive, especially with the great value deals that The Body Shop often has (buy 3, get 3, etc.). This removes every trace of makeup, including my eye makeup, and it is so gentle and pleasant to use and yet thorough. I remove it with a muslin cloth or an ordinary face cloth wrung out in warm water. A really great product!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My newest obsession is cleansing balms. I love this product as much as the very expensive It Cosmetics 3 in 1 Bye Bye Makeup Balm. The tin is a bit hard to open but I do appreciate that this will be sturdy for travel. I apply a small amount on my fingertips and massage into my face for a couple of minutes. This feels amazing, not greasy, super hydrating and breaks down all makeup easily, including waterproof mascara. The balm rinses away easily too although I follow up with my Clarisonic and a creamy hydrating gentle cleanser, just a personal preference when I've worn makeup. On non-makeup days I still use this at night but skip the follow up cleanser so I don't strip my skin unnecessarily. Skin feels soft and supple. If you haven't tried a cleansing balm I recommend this one.

This really really removes makeup efficiently. I like the fragrance, although different than camomile. I always want like to double wash this off to make sure it actually comes off at the end of the day.

on 4/24/2016 6:28:00 PM

This is a great product, similar to the popular Korean cleansing balms without the price tag. Its very effective, gently and emulsifies well. Most of the time you can get some kind of a deal and I got this at 40% off, give this a go, you can't go wrong. The ingredients could be higher quality and there could be some skincare benefits but for the price, its super gentle and very effective. You need a pea sized amount and extra marks for being packaged in a metal tin. Most of these things are in plastic containers which leaches chemicals into the product making it rancid.

on 4/24/2016 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been reading up quite a bit on skin care recently and the wonderful Caroline Hirons recommends this on her blog as a budget version of cleansing balms.

It's not strong smelling, feels very smoothing on the skin, and I really enjoy using it. I use it every evening, and in the morning if my skin is feeling a bit sensitive.

I massage a small amount into dry skin-the balm quickly turns into a milky oil upon contact with the skin. Then I use a warm (not hot!) flannel to wash it off. I give it a couple of goes with the flannel to make sure I get it all off. It doesn't leave a residue.

It's mild enough to use on the eyelids without causing irritation in my experience. Once the balm has turned to an oil I use a bit to massage into my eyelashes and I find it removes mascara very well (I don't wear waterproof, so I can't tell you if it works well on that).

The tin it comes in is very handy for travelling, and I don't find it a bind at all to open and dispense product. Some people may be put off by putting their hands into the product. Considering I wash my hands before I clean my face (obvs!) and I store this in a cool dry place, I don't see an issue with this.

I'd recommend this for anyone making their first foray into cleansing balms, as well as anyone looking for a decent cleanser for a decent price.

on 4/11/2016 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The best cleansing even!!! Make my skin super smooth!