The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

This is a great product. It’s reasonably priced, removes makeup very well, rinsed clean, and smells wonderful (reminds me of clean laundry). The Body Shop has been a favorite brand of mine since the 1980s and this is one of my favorite of all of their products.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was looking for a cheaper dupe of the Clinique cleansing balm..... sadly, this was not it. It had a far stronger scent which I didn't find appealing and it also irritated my eyes (I'd avoid using this to remove eye makeup).

PROS
- relatively cheap
- removed makeup well / spread over face easily / removed easily

CONS
- not a dupe for the Clinique cleansing balm (clinique has no scent and doesnt irritate my eyes)
- scent
- irritates eyes (Avoid eye area)

OVERALL
- worth trying if you're looking for an ok cleansing balm. However, I will not be repurchasing

on 10/12/2018 7:52:00 AM

I have combination skin and this cleanser is just not for me, it definitely causes breakouts. Beware if you have oily skin.

on 8/25/2018 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is AMAZING! Ok, so I’ve been reading that people use this for all over the face, I tried but I was not a fan of the texture on my face and made me iffy buuuut this stuff is the best as an eye makeup remover. A little does go a long way, so I grab a tad bit and massage it over my eye makeup and it just melts off everything (glitter, eyeshadow, gel liner, mascara) and with one swipe everything comes off. Seriously this stuff is so so good. I highly recommend. You won’t regret it!

on 8/4/2018 9:51:00 PM

I've tried Clinique, Banila Co, and Hiemish cleansing balms and liked them, but the Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter is my absolutely favorite one of all. It melts makeup in a jiffy and rinses off well without drying my face. I have sensitive skin and yet strangely enough most fragrances in skincare don't irritate me, so the fact that this has a scent isn't an issue for me, actually I kinda like it, it's not overwhelming and gets rinsed off anyway. I can understand that it may be an issue for some people though.
I only use this balm when I travel, for everyday use nothing can IMO beat the Hada Labo cleansing oil, but I've had it spill once in my suitcase so I leave it home now and pack the Body Shop balm instead.

All in all this one's a winner and I will keep repurchasing. I should take one lippie off as the tin can be a PITA to open, but I like the product too much to give it only 4 lippies ;)

on 7/13/2018 11:43:00 PM

Not a fan of this stuff.

Pros:
Smells lovely
Removes foundation effectively

Cons:
Awkward packaging with a large screw on top that is hard to open and close
Greasy texture that requires multiple cotton pads or a washcloth to remove
Leaves a film in my eyes that burns

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful balm cleanser!! Perfect for double cleansing ❤️

on 4/2/2018 4:18:00 PM

Mixed feelings about this one. It's a good cleanser, leaving the face super clean and soft. But it made me break out like crazy and I am still dealing with the cystic acne I got after using this product for a couple of weeks only. Might be a better option for ladies with dry or medium skin.

on 2/23/2018 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has gotten such good reviews compared to TTDO from Clinique that I was sure I was going to love it, but that didn't happen.

I have rated TTDO a 4/5, because it cleans slightly worse than my favorite makeup remover, and it costs more, however, it's a decent cleansing balm. The Chamomile cleaning balm however, does not work well for me. It cleans worse that TTDO - I tested this by swiping my face with a cotton pad with toner after washing my face, after using TTDO and the Chamomile Butter, and the pad had way more makeup on it when I used this. I use quite a few long-wearing, waterproof, heavy products, and I need a really good makeup remover to keep my skin in good condition.

Generally, I'm left with an oily layer of some kind of residue on my face when I use this balm, and the layer is hard to get off even with forming cleanser. Those with dehydrated or really dry skin might like this residue, but I don't, because it means my makeup is not fully removed.

Further, I really dislike the smell of this. I generally avoid perfume in skin care, but this was a particularly offensive smell to me; when I open the box, I can smell this from a couple of feet away. It's heavily fragranced, the perfume stings my eyes when I use it to remove my mascara, and it gets into my mouth when removing lipstick, and tastes nasty - I don't want to taste perfume when removing my makeup!

Lastly, the price of this is about half of TTDO, but the amount you get is also about half, so I'm not feeling I'm getting a much better deal price-wise. Also, I bought this to travel with, as it is not a liquid, however, I think the TTDO Balm might be better in this case: it stays solid up to a higher temperature and has a more secure lid. The Chamomile Butter liquefies quite easily (handy when you are at home though), and I can't say I trust the container to not leak if the cleanser melts. EDIT: I had this with me in hot weather. I was right: it meted and leaked out of the tin...

on 2/22/2018 4:38:00 PM

This cleanser is the perfect dupe for the Clinique Take The Day Off balm. It has a similair texture, spreads just as easily and is pretty easy to rinse off with a konjac sponge. It's also pretty damn affordable, considering you only need very little to spread it all over your face. It gets all my make-up off and will allow you to massage your face too if you wish to do so. It did leave my skin kinda tight feeling, which surprised me considering most balm cleansers leave my face moisturized.

However, I have a few issues with this product.
1) The fragrance. The older I get, the more tired I become of companies that market themselves as natural and keep on using fragrance in their products. Enough already. I'm a grown ass woman and I don't need my skincare to smell amazing in order for me to want to buy it. I want it do good things to my face and fragrance doesn't do good things for the face.
2) Stings the eyes. With any balm, I run it over my eyes after I've taken my make-up with a cotton pad in order to get the last bits off and if I keep it on a little too long, my eyes start full on itching that progresses into a sting. This is something the Clinique balm doesn't do for me.
3. A bitch to open. I had to use some serious muscle to open it for the first time. Who ever came up with the idea to put the lid on as tight as spanx needs to re-evaluate that decision. It's just not necessary.

Having mentioned these issues, the overall experience with this product isn't bad at all, but out of all the balms I've tried, this one won't be bought again.
I will say though, if you are looking into using a balm cleanser but you don't want to spend heavy coin while doing so, this is a good option.