The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 11/17/2017 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used a lot of expensive cleansers in the past such as Clarins, Liz earle, elemis and temple spa. Elemis being my favourite but since having a baby I cannot condone spending so much on a cleanser so I decided to try this one from the body shop.

This manages to take off all of my make up easily. I have waited a week to write this review to see if this was drying or made me break out but it did neither. My skin is soft and looks healthy. Would definitely buy again!!

on 11/8/2017 4:09:00 PM

Before using this I used the same name oil cleanser which came in a pump bottle. Unfortunately it used to leak a lot and wasn't travel friendly. So I decided to move onto this when it was finished.

Very good as a makeup remover, I double cleanse with this if I am wearing makeup - applying this first to dry skin, rinsing, then following with my regular cleanser. It removes everything! I always double cleanse when using this as I don't think my skin will take nicely to this alone. Has a floral scent to it and looks like solid coconut oil, it melts quickly in the hands but doesn't turn into a completely thin oil unlike the oil cleanser of the same name (this is expected). It is like a thicker oil (maybe it's the cold weather).

Recommend for 1st step of makeup removal followed by your regular cleanser. If I have a full face of makeup I like using this over micellar water as it's not drying, and I don't have to pull at my skin to remove makeup.

on 9/8/2017 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love how affordability this product is. It takes off all my eye make up easily and it's so simple to apply. Love using this in the shower. Highly recommended!

on 9/17/2017 4:44:00 AM

I have combination sensitive skin, and use this during the (relativly) cold Norwegian winters. It takes my makeup effectively off, and at the same time provides moisture and makes my skin feel soft and supple. An everyday feeling of luxery!

on 9/16/2017 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great product! I have dry skin and this butter does not leave any weird residues when I wash it off. It's also non-drying. Ingredient list is decent as well - not the best, but the ingredients still suffice for me. It also lasted me quite a while - about 4 or 5 months. A decent sized amount (Maybe quarter to dollar-sized) goes a long way! Definitely will repurchase. Also, it's cruelty-free and this product is good for its price.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser has a very nice smell, is very effective at taking all the makeup off, even the eyes, but it made me break out like crazy: I never had cystic acne in my life and with this I had terrible huge painful bumps under the skin that took ages to heal (and it took me a lot of time to understand that the cleanser was the reason as my skin didn't break out overnight but acne appeared and got worse progressively)

on 8/18/2017 7:45:00 PM

Love this stuff! I used to use Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing balm, but I switched to this because Clinique is no longer cruelty free. The Body Shop often has sales or good deals so this can be a lot less expensive than the Clinique balm. I don't need to follow with a second cleanser, but that may be because I shower at night and have no problem rinsing it all off.

on 8/26/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this cleansing butter. Smells nice, feels soft and removes all my make-up. Another plus is that you can rinse it off with water, which is impossible for a lot of other cleansing butters. And: no break-outs! I think I've used up 10 tins in total, and I will continue buying it.

on 9/3/2017 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my HG makeup remover - I love it and will rave about it to anyone. The tin is great for travelling and a little goes a long way, with one tin lasting months. This cleansing butter is smooth, easy to use and washes off with water. It doesn't dry out my skin and removes a full face of makeup with hardly any pulls or tugs. I do double cleanse after I use this, just to make sure every scrap of makeup is gone. I've tried The Body Shop's camomile cleansing oil, but prefer the butter as it's less messy. Highly recommend as I wouldn't use anything else to take off my makeup.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Fantastic cleanser. Thoroughly cleans face leaving it smooth & feeling absolutely beautiful. Definitely my go to cleanser from now on. Highly recommended.