The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 1/28/2018 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great for sensitive skin or those wanting to double-cleanse.

I use this to take my makeup off at the end of the day before I go in with a gel cleanser. Just a little bit gets everything off - foundation, waterproof mascara, eyebrow makeup. Has a nice, light, natural scent and doesn't leave any greasy residue on the skin.

I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin and this has yet to irritate me.

PROS:
-cruelty-free
-cost efficient
-doesn't break me out
-gets everything off

CONS:
-tin packaging sometimes a little difficult to manage

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this make up remover. Having dry skin, the buttery texture makes my skin feel lovely as well as removing all my make up. I apply it directly to my face and use my clean hands to melt it and work it in, then remove it with cotton pads. I find it melts off all my make up, even the stubborn waterproof stuff! It's also very gentle as my skin can be sensitive to certain products. A tin lasts a long time so it's worth it. Also being a robust, flat tin, it's perfect for travel. I've repurchased this a few times, and will continue to do so.

on 1/10/2018 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This did not remove my eye-makeup. It just smears it around my face. It also left an oily film after I rinsed my face. But it smells good :)

on 1/3/2018 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Doesn't work well for eye makeup. It makes a mess of it and a lot of mascara/eyeliner/shadow ends up in my waterline, which means extra work to remove from there with cotton buds. When I use my current HG garnier micellar water (pink cap ) all my eye makeup is gone in two sweeps of the saturated cotton square.

Also it doesn't rinse clean. It leaves a light weight, soft film behind wich is good for dry skinned people, but not for my oily face. Because of this I would only use it to remove very tenacious makeup and suncreen (estee double wear, mineral sunblock, liquid lip) AFTER removing eye makeup, and follow it up with a face wash.

Since most days I use chemical sunscreen , non water proof mascara, and Loreal Pro Matte as foundation (plus powder color cosmetics) I have no need to use a balm, my Garnier Micellar water is a great pre cleanse for eyes and face. Quick and not messy.

That said the texture of this butter is great, very slippery. A little doesn't go a long way though and I need about a quarter size amount.

If I remember correctly I prefered the cleansing oil version of this butter. Still I'm giving it 4 stars since dry skin people will probably enjoy it.

To start, I'm one of those ladies who uses things like coconut oil and a washable make-up wipe (think knock-off makeup eraser cloth) to remove my makeup/skincare at the end of the day. But I was feeling indulgent one day so I picked up this butter/balm to test out.

This cleansing butter smells very nice, and it I found that it definitely worked at removing my makeup, including mascara (not the waterproof variety, I don't own any so I don't know how well it works on that). I found that I did have to work it into my eyeliner for that to come off easily.

I bought this during one of the Body Shop's sales, a few months back. It lasted me about 4 months, which in my opinion, is not a very long time. This could also be due to the fact that I found I had to use a lot of the butter to get enough of it on my face to work, I used about the size of a walnut.

It did rinse away nicely though, like most cleansing oils, it rinsed away cleanly in a milky texture taking the makeup/residue with it, I found that it left my skin feeling a tad dry after rinsing, but my biggest issue with this cleansing butter is that it made my eyes burn something fierce every time I used it. I did not like that about it, and for that reason alone I would not repurchase.

I'm off to try some other cleansing oils/balms. Or maybe just stick to my tried and true methods.

on 11/17/2017 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used a lot of expensive cleansers in the past such as Clarins, Liz earle, elemis and temple spa. Elemis being my favourite but since having a baby I cannot condone spending so much on a cleanser so I decided to try this one from the body shop.

This manages to take off all of my make up easily. I have waited a week to write this review to see if this was drying or made me break out but it did neither. My skin is soft and looks healthy. Would definitely buy again!!

on 11/8/2017 4:09:00 PM

Before using this I used the same name oil cleanser which came in a pump bottle. Unfortunately it used to leak a lot and wasn't travel friendly. So I decided to move onto this when it was finished.

Very good as a makeup remover, I double cleanse with this if I am wearing makeup - applying this first to dry skin, rinsing, then following with my regular cleanser. It removes everything! I always double cleanse when using this as I don't think my skin will take nicely to this alone. Has a floral scent to it and looks like solid coconut oil, it melts quickly in the hands but doesn't turn into a completely thin oil unlike the oil cleanser of the same name (this is expected). It is like a thicker oil (maybe it's the cold weather).

Recommend for 1st step of makeup removal followed by your regular cleanser. If I have a full face of makeup I like using this over micellar water as it's not drying, and I don't have to pull at my skin to remove makeup.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser has a very nice smell, is very effective at taking all the makeup off, even the eyes, but it made me break out like crazy: I never had cystic acne in my life and with this I had terrible huge painful bumps under the skin that took ages to heal (and it took me a lot of time to understand that the cleanser was the reason as my skin didn't break out overnight but acne appeared and got worse progressively)

on 9/17/2017 4:44:00 AM

I have combination sensitive skin, and use this during the (relativly) cold Norwegian winters. It takes my makeup effectively off, and at the same time provides moisture and makes my skin feel soft and supple. An everyday feeling of luxery!

on 9/16/2017 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great product! I have dry skin and this butter does not leave any weird residues when I wash it off. It's also non-drying. Ingredient list is decent as well - not the best, but the ingredients still suffice for me. It also lasted me quite a while - about 4 or 5 months. A decent sized amount (Maybe quarter to dollar-sized) goes a long way! Definitely will repurchase. Also, it's cruelty-free and this product is good for its price.