The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 8/18/2017 7:45:00 PM

Love this stuff! I used to use Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing balm, but I switched to this because Clinique is no longer cruelty free. The Body Shop often has sales or good deals so this can be a lot less expensive than the Clinique balm. I don't need to follow with a second cleanser, but that may be because I shower at night and have no problem rinsing it all off.

on 8/18/2017 12:57:00 PM

Upon first impression, I love how gentle and moisturizing of a makeup remover this is. Most leave my skin feeling slightly irritated, especially waterproof eye makeup removers. Removing waterproof eye primer and mascara with this worked well and scrubbing on your lashes with this gentle balm doesn't feel too harsh. It's an amazing alternative to harsh makeup removers that can leave the skin feeling stripped. I love how it's very mildly scented and relaxing to use, has quite a natural scent. I can imagine you'll get a lot of product for the price you pay, the tin probably contains a good amount of use. I don't appreciate perfume in skin care products or makeup but with this one I won't mind as long as it won't break me out more.

I love facial washes and makeup removers that make the process fun and beneficial. I have some sensitive skin on my eyes and for the first time in ages that skin was not irritated after removing makeup. It's good to double cleanse though, with something that will remove the last bits of makeup and actually cleanse the skin for the night. My skin was left amazingly smooth and soothed even after using a slightly harsher acne face wash foam afterwards, and I can definitely see myself enjoying this product until the end! I doubt it will break me out since it seems so gentle, but I will update on my review after I've used the product for some time. :) For now I totally recommend it as a gentle but effective makeup remover!

on 8/18/2017 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have used this cleanser for over two years. It works great for my oily t-zone/combination skin. I still have to use a micellar water afterwards though, to remove the last bit of residue of makeup. A little goes a long way. I use a kidney bean-sized amount for my whole face. Always repurchase this!

Pros:
Great package for traveling
Takes most of the makeup off
Doesn't dry skin
Removes waterproof mascara and matte full coverage foundation
Subtle smell
Good price
Lasts a long time

Cons: Lid can sometimes be tricky to put back on especially with wet hands
Doesn't remove all the makeup

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I've been using this cleanser for a little over a week now and already love it. Using an oil to cleanse my already oily/combi skin sounded counterproductive to me, but it was recommended by a friend and I can only say - so happy I tried this cleansing balm!

The product is soft but solid at room temperature but the texture quickly changes with the warmth of your hands and face into an oil. It cleanses my face well without making a mess.

I choose to take off my eye make up separately (with a cotton pad and Lancome Bi-Facil) and, like other reviewers here, double cleanse to remove any excess oil from the product. It leaves my skin clean and soft and ready for my skin care routine.

I do think it's on the expensive side for the amount you get, so I just stocked up 3 more tubs while they were on offer :) I'm looking forward to trying the cleansing butter with the muslin cloths I've also ordered from the Body Shop, which are recommended for use together.

I really love the fresh camomile scent!
Butter scent is a plus to this product.
Good product!

on 8/8/2017 5:12:00 AM

This stuff takes off my waterproof mascara rather well, although I have to give the eyes a second "rub".
Doesn't dry out skin at all, which is nice for my combo skin. I usually second cleanse the face afterwards with SebaMed cleansing foam for impurities, as latter will restore a relatively low ph - which is good against impurities.

I like that Body Shop don't do animal testing, but hate that their mother company does.

However, still better than buying from animal tested ranges in the first place.

Would recommend and buy again!

on 8/7/2017 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A great dupe for Clinique's TTDO Cleansing Balm! Quite literally exactly the same product - colour, texture and performance-wise.
Except far cheaper!

+ Great for travelling. Solid balm that melts into an oil upon touch. Slim tub, fits into toiletries bag nicely.
+ Very effective make up and sunscreen remover
+ I love the way it feels on the skin upon melting
+ Good value. Only AUD$23 for 100ml (as oppose to Clinique's at AUD$34 with the same amount of product and a chunkier tub)

- For those who like fabulous ingredients in cleansers, this is not for you... it's just a basic balm cleanser :)

Would definitely buy again. Still have a tub left, except now I save it for travels!

on 7/22/2017 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this cleansing butter! It has a lovely velvety texture and honestly feels like heaven on my skin. It dissolves makeup effectively and does not irritate my sensitive eyes. It also emulsifies really easily when you add water to rinse off. It's a great product for the price and very travel friendly. I only wish it came with a spatula.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wanted to try out a cleansing balm - this one is pretty flaky and waxy and almost chunky in texture. I have to melt it in my hands before rubbing it on my face. It doesn't rinse as clean as the Clinique oil & balm do; it kind of leaves a residue, but I double-cleanse anyway. It took off all my sunscreen, makeup, etc. so no problems there. The scent is light and floral and pretty nice.

on 6/4/2017 5:46:00 AM

This product is my holy grail makeup remover :) It takes off waterproof mascara without leaving any residue :)Also it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy :)