3.9

Reviews

1.0
from

4 years ago

My skin is dry and very sensitive, so I have a hard time finding a foundation and concealer that doesn't make me breakout, but after hearing so much about this foundation I decided to give it a try. It's definitely pricey, especially since I was looking for a foundation, concealer and light powder. I spent around $145 on all three products but didn't mind since I was hoping that this would become a new favorite and not make me breakout. I purchased this in October and still had plenty of foundation in the bottle and it's now the middle of January, so it does last a while. I struggled with these products at first because the foundation seemed to get really greasy looking throughout the day, but I started setting it with a very light dusting of the pressed powder and it looked so great. (I can't use primer because it always seems to clog my pores) ~ The foundation was dewy but not greasy and had a beautiful glow. Super comfortable to wear and didn't feel like I was wearing anything too thick. Well, fast forward a few months and now I have horrible acne all over my face. It seemed to be okay for the first two months, but into December I started getting little clusters of acne on my chin and cheeks. (I've never ever broken out on my cheeks before) Not only acne, but it was almost like a rash. Especially on my chin and around my nose, I developed red spots that looked like acne but itched and hurt very badly. My face became such a mess that I haven't been leaving the house because it looks so bad and feels horrible. I thought it could have been from my birth control but I stopped using these products about five days ago and my skin is already clearing up. My sister has skin similar to mine and she started using the BB cream around the same time I bought my foundation, and the same thing happened to her. Luckily I was able to return these products to Nordstrom's where I purchased them, but I will never recommend Jane Iredale products to anyone again. If you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend NOT trying these products!!

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I liked how it looked - smooth and dewy - but it broke me out kind of horribly. I just have to accept that mineral makeup does NOT agree with my skin. Sad face.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily

HairBrown

5 years ago

I could never ask to get any more out of a makeup product. I began using this three years ago when it was recommended to me by an esthetician. At the time I had severe breakouts on my cheeks and jawline. My skin has since cleared up (not due to the foundation) but I must say this has been an extremely trustworthy product for someone afraid to put any makeup on their face. I apply it with their handi brush and it makes my face look flawless. It provides very good coverage without clogging my pores, and to me it feels very light on the skin. I have tried other mineral foundations, and none of them compare. I would recommend that anyone with sensitive skin tread lightly as with any product, but generally this would work for many different skin types.

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I was very excited to try this product. I've seen many ladies wearing this and their skin looked like perfection! I used the Smooth Affair primer and then this foundation. The results are beautiful: My skin was dewy and glowing, all the imperfections completely covered. The makeup stayed on all day. I would advise not wearing any moisturizer under this foundation as it provides more than enough moisture. When I took the makeup off, my skin had exploded with acne; this was not an allergic reaction (no itching, redness, etc.). I had to give this product away since my skin hated it. Needless to say, I was very disappointed with this product.

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

7 years ago

This is one of the best foundations I've ever used. I love that it doesn't have a bunch of junky chemicals that break me out and gives pretty good coverage. I have to use a heavier foundation on top of it if i'm going to a special event, etc but that's a rare occasion. The price is higher, but for me, it's worth it. I'm on my fourth bottle now.

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairOther

EyesOther

8 years ago

If you like cream foundations and need light to medium coverage this is ideal for you. The "liquid" foundation has a weird consistency at first, but there are few things that will ease the application: 1- Keep foundation in a warm room... if you are in a cold room (or if you are a mobile make up artist like me, you will need to wait until the temperature is right). 2- Apply with warm fingers... yes! fingers. Sponges and brushes will not get you the best application. Using your fingers leads to a great coverage and much better control over this product. 3- Set with translucent powder. 4- Don't expect 12-hour coverage if you have combination skin. It is ideal for those with sensitive skin and I believe it can be returned if there are any allergic reactions (ask before buying). The only think I don't like about this products (and jane irdale in general) is the price. I think that any revlon foundation will do a very similar job for a third of the price. The foundation will last about a month if used daily. So unless you really need sensitive-skin makeup I would go with something else.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

It`s been over 5 years that I've been using mineral makeup instead of ordinary foundation and concealer. I started with the Bare Escentuals kit, but I also like Jane Iredale and Cover FX just as much. I`m hooked on mineral makeup because it doesn't feel or look like I`m wearing makeup. But at the same time covers completely and it lasts all day long! If I have a zit, it takes a few layers, but it covers that too. No more cake face :)

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I have been using this foundation for over a year. This foundation gives you a great coverage where it doesn't look like you put on the foundation. It evens out your skin tone naturally. Just use a little to cover the flaws and blend it in with the rest of your skin lightly. This has natural ingredients which makes the foundation not have an expiration date. I had been fighting acne for many years. My esthetician recommended this foundation and this one does not break me out at all. I would buy this product again.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinVery Dry

HairBlack

9 years ago

I was running low on my usual LaurEss mineral Minimalist foundation, and after I placed that order, I decided to just play around with another minearl makeup. I tried the Jane Iredale in Latte (a bit dark for me, actually, I realized, after I put it on at home, though the salesperson took me outside in the sun and insisted that one was the most natural on my neck/jawline.). But that was fine. I liked the coverage of my hyperpigmented and rosy irritated areas on my cheeks. However, I got a raging allergic reaction. I had swelling that even crept up on one eyelid. OMG, it was awful. I had to put steroid cream on my eyes and cheeks and bridge of nose. Well, this had a lovely coverage, some nice "yellow" toned and "global" (darker) skin tones...but if you have sensitive skin, I suggest you STAY AWAY from it. Packaging is lovely, too, and for the price, I should have gotten a free brush. Damn, this stuff is pricey. Okay, back to my regular Minimalist and Ethereal LaurEss (custom mix, half the price of Jane Iredale almost) which causes me no irritation at all and is yellow enough for me. :) Later..

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

9 years ago

I liked the coverage of this foundation, but unfortunately it did make me break out:(. I am not sure if it was something I was allergic to. Tried it twice, and same reaction each time. I am a make-up junkie, and I thought I would try something different from my Geisha Ink mineral foundation. Unfortunately this product does not work for me. So far, geisha ink is the best mineral foundation I have come across....

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral