Sephora Microsmooth Luminizer

Microsmooth Luminizer

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in the color "Light Beam" and I don't like it as a highlighter. I have the ABH Glow Kit in "Gleam" which is amazing and I use that instead for my highlighting. but I still use this on my lids as an eyeshadow and its subtle shimmer is very pretty. I think it was about $12 which is a bit pricey as an eyeshadow but not bad for a highlighter.

OMG I finally finished a highlighter and duh it's awesome its so good I actually used it everyday. I had it in light beam 02 and it's beautiful it's very nude and very fine not glittery at all which at first I was worried about it but nope this is just soo good and I'm gonna try stardust next I hear that one is a dupe for albatross from nars!

on 8/8/2014 9:57:00 PM

I have this in stardust...GORGEOUS highlighter and universally flattering. Only qualm is the packaging...I dropped it and the top of the dome crumbled. Boo! That said, it'll take forever until I reach pan.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Ive been getting compliments lately about looking like im glowing i cant figure out if its this product in stardust, or my loreal magic lumi mixed with my foundation or a combo of both. Either way i have an amazing glow. I love how finely milled this product is and how flattering it is to a true olive complexion. Great purchase, im really starting to love sephora brand products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have this in Stardust (a shimmery white gold colour) and it's extremely flattering only my skin without giving it an obvious glitter look. As advertised, the texture is very smooth (no chalkiness or chunks of glitter) and picks up well on my brushes. I use this on the tops of my cheekbones, on the inner corners of my eyes and sometimes as an eyeshadow.

The packaging is fine but nothing to write home about, and the amount of product they give you will last for years (it's not flat in the compact but it bulges out a fair bit which equals more product) and I can't imagine ever hitting pan!

on 3/2/2015 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely amongst my top three highlights. I have this in the shade "01 Stardust" which is a very pale light yellow gold that I think will be universally flattering except to maybe those with very dark skin. They do have another shade that looks better for everyone. The shimmer is extremely refined and gives the appearance of luminosity, not shine. The formula is extremely smooth, easy to blend, lasts all day, and doesn't have fallout. I don't find that this emphasizes anything unflattering like pores or lines, but I'm probably not the authority on those things seeing as I'm young and have perfect, poreless skin. However, it is such a refined shimmer, I don't think it will emphasize those things unless you put it directly on top of lines or any porous areas. The other awesome thing is that if you go a little overboard with the highlight, never fear! All you have to do it pat it in with your fingers and it is toned down instantly. What else? It lasts all day, and while most things do on my skin, I don't think that highlight is a problem for most people lasting power-wise. But if it is, I don't think this will be a problem because it is definitely not one of those oily/creamy powders (even though it is still very blendable and easy to pick up on the brush). It is definitely down in my top highlighters and deserves more praise than it is getting. Wonderful product.

on 10/31/2013 7:40:00 PM

This is a small compact highlighter that comes in two colors: Stardust and Lightbeam. If you have a medium to dark complexion, then Lightbeam would be for you. this is a great highlighter to use either underneath or on top of you regular foundation. I use this product in a much different way though... I use it to set my shadow primer. I am a big fan of MAC Paints or Urban Decay Primer Potion and I always use some sort of powder to set my primer before applying eye liner. This luminizer provides just enough shimmer to bring out my eyes and makes my eye liner stay on all day long. The lightbeam color is a more neutral glow and works well with my medium colored skin tone.

on 2/16/2014 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It's too shimmery/sparkly for me. For hi-lighters I prefer a more pearly finish than a sparkly one. I do like how it's so silky smooth to apply.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have both Light Beam and Stardust and adore them both. Light Beam is a lovely pink shade and Stardust is a golden white. I use Light Beam more, it is SO pretty. I apply it above my cheekbones and on the bridge of my nose and it leaves a beautiful glow. Gets better after a couple hours after my foundation gets a dewy it looks so glowy and fabulous. Stardust is just like Albatross but smoother and softer. I use Stardust more than I do my Albatross.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have Stardust and Light Beam, and for the price they are pretty good highlighters.
Light Beam is a light peachy pink color with A LOT of sparkle to it. It would work for cool or warm skin tones.
Stardust is a white gold color very similar to Nars Albatross, but I actually like it more. It has some shimmer, but it doesn't have as much "sparkle" to it as LB. I think this one would work better for warm skin tones. They're both pretty, it's just depends on what you're looking for, and where you plan to wear it.