Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

on 4/4/2016 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I'm AA, NC45/Laura Mercier 7 / Bobbi Brown 6 Golden / YSL B60. Even with the shimmery undertones, this provides a glow. Great for highlighting, though I cant use it all over as fairer complected people can, so I mostly use on cheeks, brow and sometimes blend the three colors to provide a contoured eye. I wish they had a warmer similar type palette for women of color. I love the quality of Hourglass products, very fine powder, doesn't cake, blends beautifully, they are top notch and worth the investment. Better than Chanel, Urban Decay. It is expensive but find you don't need as much so get a color where you will use the shades frequently.

on 10/10/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Well first of all the price of Hourglass products is just ridiculous and over the top, however I think that's true of all high end cosmetics. These companies are laughing all the way to the bank but Hourglass is a brand that I have resisted for a long time as the price was just to high. Every time I go Sephora I would stop to admire the Hourglass products but then move along because of the cost. Finally I broke down and but a couple of their items including this palette.

I don't know how these powders work I just know that they do indeed work just like they are described. Interestingly I am most amazed by this palette when I use the powders on my bare face rather than on my made up face. Yes they look great over makeup but I use good quality foundation, concealer and powder already so while I'm pleased with how the powder looks on top of my makeup I am generally already happy with how my skin looks once my make up is on and the Hourglass powder is just a nice finishing touch but not holy grail amazing. However I am truly impressed when I wear these powders on a day that I'm not wearing any makeup at all. I often go without makeup but believe me it's not because I look great without makeup, it's just because I'm lazy...lol. My bare skin is generally very dull and dead looking, but if I sweep dim light all over my face and then incandescent light to the high points, followed by just a little Hourglass blush, well I can't really describe what it does but I'll try. I still look completely barefaced, people would think I'm not wearing any makeup at all, but somehow I look about 5 times better than I normally would without makeup. As it's not a foundation or a concealer of course it doesn't cover spots or even skin tone but it has this amazing ability to make me look healthy and youthful even with all of my skin imperfections. My skin just looks all aglow (in a natural way) and awake. I'm so impressed by that because even my tinted moisturizers and BB creams can't do what this product does. I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/13/2013 4:24:00 AM

After reading mixed reviews I still thought I would check it out. Even though the SA at Mecca (Sydney) said the individual compacts were better value, I still opted for this as I eyeing dim and radiant. When I tried it, I thought it did nothing... but like another reviewer said when I caught glimpses of myself, my skin looked really good. Normally I had taking photos, but was amazed at the recent shots taken, so I am putting it down to this powder! For reference I'm a NC30 & use radiant as a bronzer, dim all over as a finishing powder, and the light limited edition one (too lazy to look name) under my eyes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials