NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

Filtered by age: 36-43

4.1

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

This is my 3rd time purchasing this product and I'm a bit surprised by the low rating for this product. For me it works quite well. It sets my make-up.I don't think it mattes my face, but it keeps my make up from moving throughout the day. It is also absorbed quickly. For the price, I'd say it does a good job, comparable to MAC fix plus and Urban Decay All Nighter. Thanks for reading!

I don't think it's the greatest setting spray ever...I much prefer wet n wild. This works good as a primer-helper. I spray over primer and my makeup clings better. It's good on super humid days where your face melts off before noon. It makes your skin a bit tacky so makeup sticks better. Used lightly it works wonders. As a setting spray it's just ok. It sets but not as well as wet n wild. It smells ok, doesn't break me out, and doesn't spray like a firehose. It's a nice spray that prob would work best on super dry skin. It's my number 2 fave spray after wet n wild

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I didn't notice much of a difference in my makeup. Didn't necessarily keep me matte either. I've used this spray both with foundation and without... no difference.

I highly recommend this setting spray if you have oily skin. It gives a medium matte coverage and truly stays on throughout the entire day. It does not cause breakouts (which is a plus). I have used this for a few weeks now and am enjoying it so much.

Had to leave a review because I rate this so highly. I'm 42 with an oily t-zone that always needs powdering down a couple of hours after doing my make-up no matter what mattifying primer, foundation or powder I use. I'm getting married soon and don't want to be a shiny mess by 11am so have been investigating setting sprays. I may have found the holy grail. Seriously. A few spritzes on top of make up and my face is matt but natural looking ALL DAY. Actually it makes my skin appear like a canvas which I love. I'm shopping right now and out of sheer habit I keep pulling out my mirror to do the shine check, but there's no shine!!! Love this stuff. Will keep buying.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first matte setting spray, so I don't have anything to compare, but based on my experience thus far, I'm a fan. My skin is oily so I tend to use foundations with a matte finish, however, even with the most matte foundations, I still have issues with shine by the afternoon. Enter NYX Matte Setting Spray and man, all problems solved! My foundation is pretty much set until I wash it off. That said, it's not "stuck" in place - if I touch my face, I have found remnants of foundation on my fingers. Overall, though, it does a great job.

The scent is minimal, the mist is fine and it sprays evenly. It dries quick and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I really like this and can see myself purchasing again because the price point cannot be beat!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Bought it while waiting for my HG spray Skindinavia to arrive. I went for NYX because it’s cheaper than UD. I usually don’t go for matte, but it was the only option left at my local London Drugs.

My Skindinavia order ended up arrive way later than expected, but I wasn’t concerned. NYX spray had exceeded my expectation in many aspects.

Pros
Best spray mechanism. It produces finer mist than UD or Skindinavia.
It gives a matte finish, I mean very matte. My face stays matte 12 hours later (I have dry skin, but imagine that it would work well for oily gals too).
While being matte, it doesn’t make me look flat or dull. My skin looks and feels velvety.

Now, the cons
While the mist is finer, it takes a long time for the product to sink into the skin. It just sits on top of my skin for almost a minute. I found that weird. After a minute, everything is well absorbed and it looks great. I usually give my face a quick dust of MUFE HD Powder just in case to make sure that my face is completely dry.

Another quirk is my face always feels a bit tight after putting it on, maybe because it’s so matte. The feeling lasts for a couple of hours, not a big deal.

Tip: You have to make sure that your makeup is all good before spraying it. Once you put it on, it sets your makeup solid, so trying to fix your makeup after that will be next to impossible. It will not budge and any makeup that you put on top will seem patchy.

Verdict: Although NYX spray will never replace my HG, I will repurchase it for sure because how it makes my makeup looks great and last until the end of day. I like it even better than UD.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! I use a setting spray daily, and I prefer a semi-matte look. I'm in north Texas, where it is very hot & humid, so sometimes that's a struggle. This spray keeps my makeup looking fresh & matte. I have normal to slightly dry skin, and I do touch up with powder several times throughout the day. But this definitely makes a difference. I find I have to touch-up much less often, and my makeup looks better, fresher, and more matte, at the end of the day. Now, if you have oily skin, then you obviously you aren't going to be able to spray this at 8 AM and work until 6 PM with no touch-ups & still be flawlessly matte. This isn't going to put a solid matte finish on a dewy-finish foundation that isn't set with powder, either. This is not sold as an oil control spray. It appears to me that a lot of the negative reviews on this product are due to unrealistic expectations. I normally use MAC Fix+, but this is definitely more matte. Tip: If you really want a matte finish, use this as you would the Smashbox Primer Water - mist this all over your face before your apply your liquid foundation. Then do a second "coat" at the end, as a finishing/setting spray. I learned this from a MAC makeup artist & it works very well with just about any setting spray.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was surprised at how much I came to LOVE this product! I wasn't crazy about Urban Decays version, and ELF's version is nice too, but not matte enough.

Pros:
*Easy to apply....just a few spritzes and you're set!
*Doesn't irritate my skin.
* DOES help mattify my face. If I'm super oily, I'll apply a coat in between my bare Minerals and setting powder, and again after.
*Inexpensive! Seriously, this stuff is dirt cheap.

Cons:
I really can't think of any negatives. A solid product.

If you're looking to try an inexpensive makeup setting spray, this is a very good choice for the money.

Tried it out while in the store, it has a nice misting spray and didn't smell bad at all. Actually it was pretty much scent free. It dried pretty quickly and didn't feel sticky, however it left me looking more dewy and a bit oily than matte.