TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

TheBalm MMN inside/eyeshadowsTheBalm MMN frontTheBalm MMN back/ingredients

on 6/24/2016 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Having used other The Balm products I had high hopes for this - I was wrong. These are chalky and nearly unblendable. The colours when applied are mweh too. I am a real make up whore & love the whole application process but this palette took away the joy. Here in the UK we can't return products so to the bottom make up drawer this goes.

on 2/18/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, this palette is amazing!!! just for reference, I am a woman of color whom is approximately an NC44/C6 scale, based upon Mac's shade scale. These eyeshadows are so buttery, blend amazing, and last all day! I used UD'S Eyeshadow Primer potion.

on 7/21/2014 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this palette off of Haute Look for a discounted price, at about $18, so it was a really good deal. It comes with nine nude, matte eyeshadows, and you get a lot of product in this. The palette has a pretty wide range of neutrals, from a stark white, to warm toned browns, to some taupes. I do wish there was a lighter flesh toned shadow, which is what I tend to use as a blending color. However, the palette is overall very versatile and appropriate for everyday. I love the big mirror and the clever names of the shadows. And as always, TheBalm shadows are extremely pigmented. I like this a lot more than my Stila In the Know palette, which is another neutral, matte palette.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best eyeshadow palette! TheBalm is such a great brand and I can't believe how much I love this palette. Before my best friend bought me this for Christmas last year, all I've really tried from TheBalm was their blush and was never super impressed.

Finally, when I tried the Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette, I was instantly shocked. These eyeshadows are so pigmented and are creamy. I know, this products aren't cream eyeshadows but they blend just like one. I recommend this product for new eyeshadow wearers as you can easily get that perfect blended look with these shadows.

I was so shocked when I put this on because it is so incredibly soft. I also love the colours as a nude palette. I'm sure you've noticed but most "nude" palettes are a lot of different shades of brown. This palette has a lot of neutral colours that people wouldn't usually consider such as a dark purple (Matt Hung/Matt Abdul), a pink (Matt Singh) and a grey (Matt Johnson).

Oh, and before I go, let's just talk about how much I love "Matt Lombardi". Although this colour is quite "yellow" this is a perfect colour - for my skin - to blend my crease colour into as it blends nicely and acts as a great lid colour. It is yellow so it cancels out the blueish tones around my eye.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After watching many YouTube tutorials and hauls that included TheBalm products, I knew I had to try some. I kept my eye on Hautelook and ordered a slew of things when TheBalm made it's way onto the site. One of those items was this palette and let me tell you... all the fabulous things I had seen and heard about this palette were totally true! First off, the packaging is adorable, like all of TheBalm products. The eye shadows are each named after various Matt names. Each one is highly pigmented, creamy and with superior blendability. They stay on my lids all day - although, I admit I never apply eye shadow without a primer. What I love is that they are all practical colours that anyone could use in their makeup collection and since they are all matte, you don't have an overload of shimmer/sparkle that can sometimes be overdone. You can literally make hundreds of looks from casual/daytime to smoky to night-time glam. If you do feel that you need at least a little bit of shimmer (for the inner corners of the eyes or brow bone), use any regular face highlighter to accent the look (I LOVE the Mary Loumanizer!). To top it off, since I got it from Hautelook, the price was unbeatable and I think the value for what you get is out of this world. I would have paid full price for it. Totally recommend!