Boots Mediterranean Melon Sugar Mint Body Scrub

Boots  Mediterranean Melon Sugar Mint Body Scrub

3.0

on 11/29/2011 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this merely because of the scent. It smells great, but as a body scrub, it is terrible. It is extremely difficult to wash off and leaves an oily residue on my skin. Rather than feeling exfoliated and clean, I feel like I need to take an another shower. I accidently got this in my hair while I was in the shower and there were white granuals left behind in my hair. My hair also felt sticky and gross, just like how my skin feels after I use this.

I absolutely do not like this product. The smell was great, but that's about it. It was hard to rub in and I did not feel clean after using it because I felt sticky all over. This product was a mess to use. It felt kinda waxy and I thought using excessive amount of water to rinse it off would get rid of the waxy film on my skin, but NO, it was hard to get off. I could actually scrape off this layer with my finger nails and I can see the residue under my nails. Eww. It also made my bath tub really really slippery with grains of micro-beads everywhere. It took a few days for my tub to be free of this body scrub. I would not buy this product again!

on 6/11/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

The first thing that attracted me to this product was the incredible smell. It's a watermelon explosion with a hint of peppermint twist. After using it, I had to make my boyfriend smell the bathroom since the scent was so lush. I don't like harsh exfoliators, so this one was just right with small granules of sugar. I was even able to use it on my face without a problem. The consistency was a bit thick, being one of the main ingredients is paraffin. Overall, though, it left my skin smooth enough to compare to marble and I found that my skin was able to "drink" the moisture in after only half an hour.

This smells really good! It's really moisturizing, but not quite as scrubby as I would like. I added a good amount of organic raw cane sugar that's a bigger sized grain and it made it so much better! It's a nice refreshing fruity smell that I enjoy alot.

on 10/6/2009 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love, love, love the smell...This body scrub is a great value (the tub is very large) and it has plenty of scrub for me. It is oily so be very careful that you rinse your shower. I use this on my feet with a pumice stone and they come out so soft. I wish Boots made a melon/mint body butter. I will purchase this product again.

on 8/7/2008 12:02:00 PM

It doesn't really exfoliate all that well, but I LOVE the smell. If you buy the largest jar I'd say you'll get a lot for your money, and I'll probably buy it again, although I'll use it with some exfoliating gloves.

I'm a body scrub whore. I buy any and every kind of scrub. This is def my fave. It smells heavenly, kind of like a snow cone or something lol.More melony than minty. You only need a tiny tiny amount, which could be why some people were getting clumps in the bathtub. If you get too much it WON'T spread out, but use a little and it does the job. The oily feeling it leaves behind is subtle and I just think it makes my skin feel soft, especially after I put lotion on. It's not expensive at all and you get a huge huge tub. I'm in love, and will buy again if I ever run out.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow, I'm surprised at all of the bad reviews. It is a bit oily but it leaves me feeling soft and not greasy so ok by me. I love the scent too. I find it scrubby enough for me, but I have sensitive skin.

on 7/7/2007 12:02:00 PM

Doesn't exfoliate at all, just leaves you oily. I might try one of the reviewers' ideas below and add some salt to this to at least make it scrubby, but I won't buy this one again.

on 3/25/2007 4:56:00 PM

Adore the smell of this. So amazingly fresh. They've changed the packaging now and it now comes in a much bigger tub. I've found it gives more than enough exfoliation for me (so maybe the formulation's changed since earlier reviews too??). Good value - nice packaging, smells great and it works. My only minus would be for the slightly oily feel it leaves on the skin, but that's no big deal.

EDIT - I've taken a couple of lippies off because this didn't keep well. After a month or so on the shelf, it seemed to lose a lot of it's scent. Also I really started to find the oilyness of it unpleasant. I don't mind moisturisation, but this was starting to feel (maybe connected to the loss of scent) like sugary lard. Not as good as it first appeared :(

Popular Body Skincare Products