Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

on 7/4/2014 10:51:00 PM

My absolute favorite eyeshadow palette. Applies beautifully and truly lasts all day. It's sophiticated, but has enough shimmer to keep things interesting and fun. I was scared that the peach color was far too orange for my NC20ish skin, but to my suprise, it looks amazing, and I've recieved many compliments on the color. The dark brown is also beautiful and deep, one of the best browns I've ever used. I find that I don't really use the green color as much, mostly because I honestly don't really know what to do with it. It is a lovely color, but I just can't find a use for it, which is annoying, since that green alone is probably worth around $15.

on 11/14/2011 4:41:00 AM

I dont care for the green or pinkish color. The dark brown is absolutely AMAZING. Best eyeshadow Ive ever tried, hands down. So soft, easy to blend with the perfect amount of shimmer and the look is amazing for a brown smokey eye. Has great lasting power.

The downside? The eyeshadows are very hard and compacted so I find I need to really dig and use a lot to get a decent amount of shadow. Also.. $80 for a palette? I only like ONE color.. I wish they sold these individually and didnt force you to buy the entire thing. $80 is a bit steep for only needing one color. Plus they are discontinuing if not already.. this is a sad day for me.. Im almost out. :(

on 3/31/2011 6:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I went to the beauty counter and the SA insisted to do my make-up, she had some products she was sure I would love. On some of them she was right but this one was really a disappointment.
As anybody can see the colours are gorgeous, she used them all on me and they looked really great. Once at home I tried applying them with water as the colour would come better out, it created a hard shell on the shadows, I never used it with water again. Now i use them dry on primer and they never last 1 working day. I look great when i leave home and the first few hours that I'm at work but at noon when I check my makeup you can barely distinguish the colours and if I don't touch up you don't see anything once I get home.
I find it really sad as they are gorgeous and quite expensive, I paid almoste 50 for them so I expected some better quality and especially from chanel.

on 8/25/2010 10:42:00 PM

This is my first eyeshadow from Chanel. Being an avid lover of MAC, I find that the Chanel quad lacks oomph. Pigments are not dense and do not last. I wouldn't buy them again although I fell in love with the pinkish cream, peachy pink and green!

on 4/24/2010 7:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I swapped for the european version of this quad which has the much smaller round e/s. I like the colors- great for a spring eye look. Color payoff is not too great on the 3 lighter shades so I have to load up on the primer potion and pack this on. But the colors are pretty - especially love the melon color- totally reminds me of MAC melon pigment, and the green is nice as highlighter and over the brown to lighten it up a bit.

on 12/16/2009 4:18:00 PM

Very pretty light shimmery shades. A creme e/s underneath will really make the colors pop. Once I used MAC's bare study and it turned out nice; next time I tried NYX's strawberry milk and WOW, it was just beautiful. I got so many compliments that day. It's pricey, but a very nice quad.

too damn expensive for what you get. i bought this quad when i was working at one of the cosmetics counters at Macy's so i got a discount on it. and even with my employee discount i thought it was too expensive. i really liked the texture and colors but these shadows don't have enough pigment. the powder is very finely milled which i like but i expected way more out of these shadows. when i use the beige, coral, and light green shadows together. it doesn't even look like i'm wearing different colors. it all just ends up looking like the same shade of beige. i haven't hit the pan on any of the colors yet even though i've used quite a bit of the beige so i don't know how much product is really in it. but that's mostly cuz i rarely reach for this quad since it's just not enough pigment. this is my "i'm in a rush and i need to put on something" quad. to me, this quad is like paying way too much just to get the natural/not wearing makeup look. never wasting money on Chanel ever again!

EDIT: i just popped the top off the inside of the compact to see how much product there is. my quad is fairly new so it has the square shadows as opposed to the circles. the squares are pretty recessed into the compact. well anyways. you get the same amount of each color as you would a full size MAC or Urban Decay shadow.

on 4/17/2009 6:50:00 AM

Im not too enthusiastic about this product. Quality wise these eyeshadows are above average and last pretty long. I love the colors. Very soft and sultry. I mainly used the brown/beige colors but I found I had to use a lot of layers. They are nothing spectacular for the price that you pay. I can pay less than half the price for the same quality shadows. The worst part is probably the packaging. Not only do you get these tiny little goosebump eyeshadows, they line the bottom of each shadow with a thick hard base made of god knows what, which is probably about the size of at least 3 stacked quarters to make it look like you are getting more product than you actually are. In simple terms, I like to call it a rip off. The shadows were used up pretty quick.

on 4/1/2009 6:23:00 PM

I think this is being D/C'ed. My first Chanel eyeshadow and I like it. The texture is very pretty. The color could go from soft to more intense. The powerder is finely milled and it doesn't flake/cake on me. With UDPP as a base, colors last all day. I think the colors get better during the day for me.

on 12/31/2008 6:32:00 AM

too much money for such a small quantity. i used up the beige e/s in a month because pigmentation wasn't that great either. nothing too exciting about the colours too- at that price you can get the same colours at MAC with more quantity and pigmentation.

No reason to buy quad from Chanel again