GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque

GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque
Supermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment Masque

3.6

Water, Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus, Mandelic Acid, Charcoal, Parfum [Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool], Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Iron Oxides, Peppermint Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Glycerin, Chamoilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Hendera Helix Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Iron Oxide (Black)

This didn’t do much for me. I ordered the small jar and I used it five times before it was gone. After five weekly uses I saw no changes at all. For the price I’d rather use queen Helene mint masque. My husband didn’t care for it either. Too bad. I liked the ingredients.

on 5/24/2018 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Fantastic as a spot treatment! Love that it dries smoothly & evenly, not chipping off at all....but for the price, I much prefer the Queen Helene Mint Julep masque.

on 5/10/2018 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product was fun to put on and kind of satisfying to watch it try up. It stings a little at the start but the sting fades fast. I just never noticed much of a difference in my skin after using the mask and it is pretty expensive.

on 5/5/2018 10:47:00 PM

I grabbed a sample of this and was really excited to try it out because of how hyped it is on social media!

Although it’s a nice mask (heads up it tingles/stings after initial application), I wasn’t too blown away by it. I got about 4 uses out of it just by applying it to my T-zone. I have combo leaning towards oily skin with large pores. I was hoping this would work magic and reduce my pore size, or tighten them enough to at least give the illusion I have less. After I washed it off, my skin looked nice, but it was nothing out of this world. I had really wanted this to improve the texture of my T-zone and thought after repeated use that is when I would be wow’d. However, even after the fourth application I realized the same amount of “dots” appeared each time. Nothing was really improving for me in that area.

From my experience, I realized I get the same results after using my Origins Out of Trouble mask (see my profile for review). Both are great to suck up extra oil, give a temporary tightening effect to the skin, and are awesome at drying out zits (especially if you dot it on and leave it over night).

I think this deserves 3 stars because it is a good mask. If you have the money and want to treat yourself, the theatrics of watching your pores appear as the product dries down is so satisfying! However, I deducted 2 lippies because (to me) it’s not worth the price when you can get the same results for less and more uses from other masks!

This stuff stings and burns like a b**$% oh my god! It absolutly stinks of tea tree! Its full of added perfume! Aweful stuff. Id recommed Origins out of trouble or rose clay over this one anyday.
The only positive I can think of are the little holes where your pores are. Those are cool.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Price is outrageous for what it is. It's basically a clay mask with some acids for exfoliation (glycolic, salicylic and lactic acids) and peppermint extract. Grab yourself some Ordinary glycolic toner, salicylic acid and lactic acid and you'll have the same effects (if not better) without the added fragrance and irritating menthol.

TLDR; Overhyped and overpriced. Skip it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Didn't notice any real benefits. still experienced a major breakout a few days after using continuously. It smells super gross, like black licorice. Pointless product and complete waste of money.

on 3/22/2018 7:35:00 AM

This stuff is amazing! A little bit pricey but very worth it. I would only use it once or twice weekly as it's very strong and there is only a small amount in the pot. Although, the small amount does go a very far and it does exactly what it describes. Pores were almost instantly non-existence after the first application. My face felt much more firmer and smoother also.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought the travel size of this just to try it out, and I was a little disappointed. I have cystic acne, and I was hoping this would help my situation more than it did. I don't plan on buying the full size cause it's just too expensive. While it helped with the inflammation, my acne would still be pretty painful. I wouldn't spend this amount of money on a product like this again because the small size was $24, which I think is still way up there in price. Overall, this mask didn't do that much for me and I wouldn't bother buying it again.

I was originally afraid to purchase this because at $69 (now $59) for the Full size, considering I had no clue if I would like it or if it would live Up to its name. I was happy to see that Sephora offered a $24 sample size, still pricey for the size (only .5oz), but nothing near the $69 for the full size product.
The first time I used this mask I was really excited for the pore matrix thing and that was pretty cool to see it work. But more importantly, and to my surprise, the mask really did vanish my blackheads on my nose & make my pores appear smaller immediately. I will continue to repurchase despite the high price tag that thankfully recently decreased by $10 for the full size.
The only thing I’m not a Fan of is the black licorice scent and the obvious higher price tag for a relatively small amount of product (1.7oz). That being said, the 1.7 oz really does last a very long time especially with Supermud because I usually don’t apply it to my entire face.
I would recommend this mask for anyone with combo oily, oily or acne prone skin!