2.7

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

2 years ago

Another one who doesn't get the hype! Thick, and greasy like vaseline. However, I warmed it up between my fingers, and smoothed it into my skin. Yes, it blurred pores beautifully, so I waited for it to set, and waited..... My face stayed sticky and oily. I ended up blotting it to remove the tackiness, but it was still to moist for my liking. My maybelline fit me matte and poreless foundation smoothed on nicely over this primer, and looked glowy -but needed setting with a lot of powder - leaving me looking powdery. That look was a thousand time better than the greasy, oil slick i saw when i checked my face a couple of hours later! Horrific! I don't know how any one could call this primer matte!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Tan

2 years ago

This primer doesn't work at all. What it does is make my foundation more oily/greasy.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

2 years ago

This was such a waste of money. Not only did it not do anything beneficial for my skin, it made my foundation look worse. I normally don't have a problem with my foundation settling into my pores but this primer causes that. I've tried it with different foundations and used it in different ways and never get good results. It always causes foundation and oil to pool in my pores and I don't have very oily skin.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

This primer is nothing like porefessional from benefit like everyone says. It does nothing for your pores and makes your foundation look cakey as hell.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

It works great for me. The trick is to apply it using your finger tips and let it warm up a bit between then before applications. The price is great and makes my bare minerals powder foundation go on so smoothly

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

The packaging is cute and the primer feels silky on the skin, however I did not notice any pore erasing properties and therefore will not be repurchasing.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Bought this for my mom and surprised that it works very well to make your pores less prominent and makes your skin surface smoother and ready to be applied with makeup. My mom loves this product too, she has dry skin and some visible pores and this primer helps makes her skin just smoother and better.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

from

2 years ago

Did I just buy a newer version of this or what? Because I did not experience ANY of the cons that everyone is complaining about. Perhaps because I have no issues with silicone (I have resilient skin), so this did not break me out at all! I have tried several primers such as The Ordinary, Benefit Porefessional. NYX Angel Skin... But nothing beats the smoothness and the affordability of this product. I loved it! It sits well under my make up as well, even after I applied my foundation with brush (I usually had to use beauty blender to apply foundation to ensure my primer doesn’t pile up). So yes, I will repurchase and I will continue using this product.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

2.0

2 years ago

This does nothing but making me super oily

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair

3.0

2 years ago

This is a hit and miss for m to be honest. Its not a very good product. But I decided to put it to the test. Im always hunting for products for my makeup- no makeup look. It applies best with a primer brush on clean face. It works great if yr not going to wear any foundation or powder. So its not really a primer its simply a mattifying cream or serum. I used a setting spray with a dewy finish and ended up with quite a nice barefaced gym/leisure look.Its definitely not one of Maybelline's star quality products. I get a feeling they just wanted in on the primer hype and threw this product together without really thinking it through. I will keep using it as a mattifying moisturiser on days when I don't want to wear any makeup at all but would never consider it a primer.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age30-35