4.3

$42.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

6 months ago

Love that oil' I would add a few drops to my moisturizer, just provides great hydration, and I don't find it tricky to use at all..the smell is nice, neutral...I use it on my nails too, and I mix it with my body lotion when my skin feels dry...I have tried many oils, this is one I truly enjoyed, my skin liked it, and it is at times sensitive .

About reviewer (292 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

a year ago

I tried this after seeing a photo with Jaclyn Hill wearing it. Her skin looked flawless, then again she has great skin to begin with. After doing some research, I discovered that this contains lavender oil, which is a known irritant. I will not purchase.

About reviewer (888 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

a year ago

I used to believe that primers are useless. I tried enough of them but they do not convince me for their necessity. Also I hate face oils. Because I heard the review of Jaclyn Hill for this primer oil -and because it was on sale- I bought it. I have dry skin and dry patches. First I want to say that it is a tricky product. You cannot apply it only but onto cleaned bare skin. No other primers no day creams...NOTHING. Also you must use only a TINY amount. Two drops for a small face, three drops for a large one. NO MORE DROPS. These are the rules. I tried with high end and drugstore foundation. My foundies applied smoothly. I achieved a fresh looking glow skin. I did not apply any highlighter. This primer prolonged remarkably the staying power of all of foundations. I think it is an honest product.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

a year ago

I purchased this without hesitation, as I’m a massive fan of oils in my combination-skin regime. I thought it was a no brainer and 10 seconds later cha ching! How could it possibly be that this leaves me dryer than compared to a standard primer or no primer? Unfortunately it makes my 35 year old skin look crepey and cakey and flaky. I’ve tried multiple times, in many ways. Solo, more drops, less drops, with and without moisturiser, mixed into foundation and applied prior. And NO DICE. I could cry. I thought this would be a match made in heaven!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

A game-changer! Finally at long last...a silicone-free primer that I can use as often as I need without the fear of breaking out. Despite my oily/combination skin this actually works really well for me and does not leave my skin looking greasy. I use a couple of drops after moisturizer and before applying makeup, and my foundation goes on smooth, applies more easily and gives me a nice dewy finish. The ingredients in here are literally 100% natural - simply oils and botanicals, I don't think I've ever seen a primer with such a natural ingredients list, not to mention - not one single silicone in here! Definitely a first! Have purchased a full size bottle and will continue to use although it may be a bit too rich for the warmer months, however right now in the middle of winter this is perfect, my skin drinks this up and both looks and feels better for it. If your skin reacts badly to normal silicone primers (flakiness, acne or redness) I would definitely suggest giving this a try. It's pricey but for me - absolutely worth it. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2 years ago

Pros - Manages to make my, very very, dry skin not dry enough to wear foundation and not look like a cakey mess! Good amount of product in the bottle Makes my makeup look dewy Cons - The bottle is really impractical. It's hard to get product out and when you do, it drips everywhere. That's not great when you pay a lot for it! Hate the smell I have to use quite a lot to not make my makeup cakey Overall, I do like this product. I've used quite a few primers, and this one seems to work best for me. It takes up a bit of time in my makeup routine, putting it on and waiting for it to set into my skin, but it's worth it. I tried another Smashbox primer, which unfortunately didn't work on my skin so I'm happy this suits me. I use it after I cleanse, and tone by rubbing it in and letting it seep into my skin. I find I have to use quite a lot, otherwise it doesn't work, but that could be because of my dry skin. I'll buy it again!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

2.0

2 years ago

I don't understand this product at all. I got a sample size of this from somewhere. It's the fact that I have incredibly oily skin, but I don't like the idea of putting anything oily on my face. I tried this anyway, and while it was surprisingly lightweight, I don't feel like it did anything to help my makeup apply smoother, or have it last longer. Also $42????

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

1.0
from

2 years ago

Although I have dry skin, this broke me out so BADLY. I got pimples and many whiteheads and still have them. Honestly, I dont even have acne prone skin or sensitive skin... If you tried Kiehls Midnight recovery oil and you broke out, you should not buy this because it will give you the exactly same problem. Now I will use it on my body like I did with the Kiehls If you are looking for an oil for your face, I recommend the Body Shop "Oils of life" for your face.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2 years ago

Lalala loved it... got it in an ipsy bag as a sample finally ran out & paid 41$ for a big bottle. It does wonders if you have dry patches on your face. Only thing I have bad to say about it is, if you don't let it set for like 5-10 mins before applying your liquid foundation, your foundation doesn't apply evenly. Only down fall, cause if you're in a rush to get ready you pop in the bathroom at work to find out your make up looks blah.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

I got this as a sample months ago in a Sephora play box. I use it around my mouth and it stops my foundation from settling into my smile lines. It is the only primer I've tried can stop this problem and I've used them all from smashbox, makeup forever step 1, hourglass, etc. It is pricey but the huge bottle will surely last you a year or two. The sample bottle has lasted me at least 6 months. It's lightweight and non greasy. I have dry skin and it gives no problems

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure