Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush - Blushing Nude

1 review

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

(UPDATED TO ADD: This is now available online at Estee Lauder, just not in any store that carries EL that I've found yet. It's worth ordering because the closest in store colour is Peach Passion which has sparkles. This doesn't, it's perfectly matte without looking dry or powdery. It melts into your skin looking super natural and soft. LOVE. I've hit pan on one of the two I bought on the cruise ship--wishing I'd bought more, as the ships aren't carrying this shade anymore, & so I'm buying 2 more online just in case. It's the blush I reach for now ALL the time, and I'm afraid of them discontinuing it in a fit of corporate madness.

Another feature I've grown to love is the brush that comes with it. Unlike most brushes included in a blush this is top quality and really applies the product quickly and easily. No splotchy bits, just smooth even application. I'm washing these and re using them in my travel kit when I finally dig the last crumbs out of these pans)

ORIGINAL REVIEW
I bought this on a cruise in a duty free shop on board. The shade isn't listed on the Estee Lauder site, so I have no idea if this is a LE shade or discontinued already. It is in the new Pure Color line which was recently reformulated a couple of years ago.

What it is, is a gorgeous apricot peach without noticeable shine or shimmer, but not a true matte either. Colour payoff is great, it doesn't grab so you can blend it out, and it doesn't go on so bright and harsh that you can sheer it out. It is buildable and the colour lasts.

For redheads looking for a nice apricot/peach shade this is ideal. It is what I'd always wished for in a warm toned peach blush. For blondes with warm tones, this would work but I think it's too warm peach for cool blondes or medium blonde to cool ash brown haired colourations. Pale skin only as I can't see this showing up well in darker skin tones although medium warm tones could handle it.