Revlon Colorstay Concealer

Revlon Colorstay Concealer

3.2

· Aqua ((Water) Eau) · Dimethicone · Trimethylsiloxysilicate · Glycerin · Phenyl Trimethicone · Trisiloxane · PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone · Boron Nitride · Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone · Butylene Glycol · Sodium Chloride · Tribehenin · Ethylhexyl Palmitate · Salicylic Acid · Tocopheryl Acetate · Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice · Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract · Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I do not recommend this product. It worked well when i first bought it but after about a month or so it began to burn my skin under my eyes and after a few hours of having it on my face it begins to crack and make my skin look cakey

on 12/10/2016 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

***Shade: 02 Light (1)

I really don't like this concealer. I was hoping for some serious coverage with this product considering that the Colorstay foundation is known for its coverage. This was the complete opposite - it's a very sheer coverage, a bit too liquidy in consistency for my liking, and it does not blend out as smoothly as my other concealers.

Unfortunately this is going to have to go out in the trash.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I first tried this and regretted buying it. However, I gave it another try and I absolutely loved it. I realized that this concealer is super lightweight and has medium coverage. It gives off a natural finish which is what I'm always aiming for. Since I don't wear foundation, I use concealer a lot. This concealer doesn't crease under the eyes if you set it well. I recommend the Rimmel Stay Matte powder for a drugstore option. I love the combination. The smell is not very nice but it goes away once you applied it. I love how it is, again, super lightweight and decent coverage. It lasts a pretty good amount of time. I recommend it if you want a natural everyday product!

on 9/4/2016 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This concealer is "meh" for me. It's just okay.

I just wanted a concealer for the under eye and I wanted to try the covergirl ready set gorgeous one but the pale shades were all gone, so then I went over to the maybelline section and-oh! What do you know? The fit me concealer shade in fair wasn't there, and neither was the age rewind concealer! So I seen the Revlon colorstay concealer in 01 Fair and decided to try it.
It's not a good option for the under eye, it's like thick paint and it settles into creases and fine lines and it's just not a good time. I'll use it on extra redness poking through my foundation (yes I'm using foundation now!!! 😎) but that's mainly it. I don't like it, to be honest. I'll give it another try and everything and use it when I want a little extra coverage but I don't think I'll need it for a while since I'm having a good skin day every day now that I'm (finally) on accutane.

As a concealer for blemishes, it's not that bad. Talking about under eyes, it SUCKS. Literally is the worst concealer when it comes to covering under eye circles. Starts creasing after 5 minutes, sinks into my fine lines and emphasizes them, and ends up looking cakey.

This concealer has light coverage. I don't find myself reaching for it when my Maybelline Fit me concealer is so much better. The Revlon Colorstay concealer does not cover my blemish scars at all even when I try to layer it. It ends up looking dry and cakey. The only good thing about this concealer is the yellow undertone which can counteract some darkness under the eyes. Other than that, I don't see it being a good concealer for anyone. It definitely does not function a way a good concealer should do.

PROs:
-Yellow undertone for dark circles

CONs:
-Very light coverage
-Limited color selection
-Smells like paint
-Drying
-Not long lasting

on 6/29/2016 11:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

As a concealor, it's horrible. As a highlighter, however, it's not half bad. There's just too little coverage to be a good concealor

on 5/31/2016 8:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

So I bought 3 of these concealers in light medium, medium, and deep. I used medium today but it was too light. I made the mistake of putting it over my foundation. I put it under my eyes and on blemishes and it did not blend in with my foundation at all. I had to layer foundation over it to make it look better. I also had to put Revlon's Pressed Powder in medium deep, under my eyes to take away the lightness. Also the coverage is so-so and it can be pretty pricey, depending on where you buy it.

But the good thing about the concealer is it is very easy to blend and you don't need a lot to higlight under your eyes.

But I'm going to have to toss the light medium because if medium was too light, I can only imagine how light light medium would be. And I have to mix medium and deep to get my perfect shade or I'm just going to have to stick to my L.A. Girl concealer.

Overall, I don't think I would repurchase these concealers again.

UPDATE: I will repurchase these concealers again, except next time I will purchase it in medium deep, so I don't have to mix any. I recently bought Maybelline Fit Me concealers and they weren't a match at all, even if I mixed them. I have not been able to repurchase my L.A. Girl concealers yet, so the Colorstay concealers were all I had to use. They covered well and stayed put, so I am adding an extra lippie to this review.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't really work for me. Conceals my dark eye circles fine, but dries out my skin and I get crease lines at my under eye area after 3 hours. The texture is rather thick? Relatively expensive compared to some other concealer that works better for me. Packaging is fine though, easy to carry around and does not leak

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have purchased concealers anywhere from $2.00-$10.00 and this one is the only one I have repurchased. It has enough coverage for me and I don't have to apply it more than once throughout my day which is why I think it's a good deal. It is oily if you apply it with your fingers so if you don't like that apply it with a brush or a BB. It is around $9 and some change which is not too bad because it does last quite sometime and a little goes a long way believe me. I am currently using Revlon photoready concealer because target didn't have my colorstay and after dealing with that for a few months I'd say this is my only go to until further notice.