Revlon Colorstay Concealer

Revlon Colorstay Concealer

3.3

· Aqua ((Water) Eau) · Dimethicone · Trimethylsiloxysilicate · Glycerin · Phenyl Trimethicone · Trisiloxane · PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone · Boron Nitride · Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone · Butylene Glycol · Sodium Chloride · Tribehenin · Ethylhexyl Palmitate · Salicylic Acid · Tocopheryl Acetate · Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice · Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract · Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract

This concealer has light coverage. I don't find myself reaching for it when my Maybelline Fit me concealer is so much better. The Revlon Colorstay concealer does not cover my blemish scars at all even when I try to layer it. It ends up looking dry and cakey. The only good thing about this concealer is the yellow undertone which can counteract some darkness under the eyes. Other than that, I don't see it being a good concealer for anyone. It definitely does not function a way a good concealer should do.

PROs:
-Yellow undertone for dark circles

CONs:
-Very light coverage
-Limited color selection
-Smells like paint
-Drying
-Not long lasting

on 6/29/2016 11:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

As a concealor, it's horrible. As a highlighter, however, it's not half bad. There's just too little coverage to be a good concealor

To Read all 79 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/31/2016 8:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

So I bought 3 of these concealers in light medium, medium, and deep. I used medium today but it was too light. I made the mistake of putting it over my foundation. I put it under my eyes and on blemishes and it did not blend in with my foundation at all. I had to layer foundation over it to make it look better. I also had to put Revlon's Pressed Powder in medium deep, under my eyes to take away the lightness. Also the coverage is so-so and it can be pretty pricey, depending on where you buy it.

But the good thing about the concealer is it is very easy to blend and you don't need a lot to higlight under your eyes.

But I'm going to have to toss the light medium because if medium was too light, I can only imagine how light light medium would be. And I have to mix medium and deep to get my perfect shade or I'm just going to have to stick to my L.A. Girl concealer.

Overall, I don't think I would repurchase these concealers again.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't really work for me. Conceals my dark eye circles fine, but dries out my skin and I get crease lines at my under eye area after 3 hours. The texture is rather thick? Relatively expensive compared to some other concealer that works better for me. Packaging is fine though, easy to carry around and does not leak

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have purchased concealers anywhere from $2.00-$10.00 and this one is the only one I have repurchased. It has enough coverage for me and I don't have to apply it more than once throughout my day which is why I think it's a good deal. It is oily if you apply it with your fingers so if you don't like that apply it with a brush or a BB. It is around $9 and some change which is not too bad because it does last quite sometime and a little goes a long way believe me. I am currently using Revlon photoready concealer because target didn't have my colorstay and after dealing with that for a few months I'd say this is my only go to until further notice.

on 4/30/2016 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The light/medium shade has a slight yellow undertone which counteracts dark circles or redness well upon initial application, I'll give it two stars for that.

However, unless you need to look good for two hours or less this is totally useless. Fades AND cakes after that time frame. I tried using it a few times, then put it away for a while, tried again, same result.

Trashing this. It's the worst concealer I've ever used.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was better off using the Colorstay foundation as concealer.

This concealer is oily, and not very pigmented. It is not long lasting, and creases fast. It is not very pigmented, and does not cover blemishes/dark spots well.

The nyx hd concealer wand is cheaper and much better.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This concealer has light to medium coverage, depending on the amount that you use. It's buildable but I gotta warn you, this concealer is not suitable for the under-eyes because they settle into fine lines and accentuates them, especially when you over-powder them. For regular blemishes though, this works just fine. I like to use this concealer to cover my blemishes then apply powder foundation. If I use this over my liquid foundation and set them with powder, it tends to get really cakey especially under my eyes...I will re-purchase this though but that's only because I'm broke lmao

The color may stay but the coverage won't.
This concealer offers medium coverage and transfers the minute you start sweating. Building it up may result in cakiness and watch the under eye area for dryness. Disappointed to say the least.

I really wanted to like this concealer since I was looking for a cheaper alternative, however this cakes under my eyes like crazy and setles in every fine line, even the ones I didn't know I had and feels drying. I tried using it for acne scars but then it looked bad as well, this will cake really badly and when trying to blend it will get patchy, coverage is medium. I tried moisturizing really well but didn't work so I'm giving this 2 lipsticks for lasting power and packaging, considering revlon is on the pricier side of drugstore products I'm pretty dissapointed.