MAC Lustre - Forgery

MAC Lustre - Forgery

3.0

This shadow looks gorgeous in the pan but I am a little disappointed with the way it applies. It isn't as pigmented as it looks in the pan and doesn't brighten up my eyes as much as I expected it to. I apply to my whole lid with a MAC 228 and then apply a darker grey in the crease. It is nice for every day but when I want a more dramatic look, I tend to gravitate toward the MAC loose pigments which I apply with a wet MAC 242 for a really dramatic, shiny look. Good for every day, but don't expect it to look as "foil-y" on as it appears.

I don't know why everyone's saying this eyeshadow is horrible! I love it but its not really an eyeshadow because the pigmentation is low its more of just some sparkles...! I am a dancer and I often use this as some sparkle over top of my stage makeup and it works beautifully. I also sometimes use this on my cheeks to highlight them and bring them more to life and it looks really nice! I really like the MAC product!

on 12/18/2012 10:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought forgery because I liked mac filament and wanted a brighter sparkely eye shadow that was similar but leaned more white in color. The color is a bright platinum silver as opposed to a darker platinum silver filament is. While it didn't apply very white it was brighter and I ended up liking it as a whole. Since it shows up more due to the brightness I would never use it during the day or as a wash on my eye lids by itself like I do filament. (filament looks more natural and doesn't scream I have glitter eye shadow on as forgery can on my skin). I have to say I don't wear glittery eye shadows as much as I used to. Now I prefer only minimal glitter that is more finely milled if occasionally during the day when I'm not at work or glitter like eye shadows if I go out at night on special occasions.That being said I do like forgery as a special occasion eye shadow and would purchase again if I ever run out. I am probably one of the few that actually like the texture and how this applies. The texture is a bit rough as this eye shadow is mostly small glitter and therefore it also applies a tad bit sheer just like other mac lustre formulas. It does seem to apply evenly though when brushed across the eye lid. I did experience some fall out but nothing compared to the horrible chunks of glitter I get from some urban decay shadows (snatch I'm talking about you!) My favorite way to wear this is with urban decay's Naked eye shadow all over my eye lid with smog of dark horse in the crease/ outer v. I then apply forgery right over all of these colors and it turns my eye lids into a wintery silver wonderland....so pretty and an easy way to add a little sparkle at night to any eye shadow already applied.

Mac is usually amazing! But this just sucks, the glitter in the eyeshadow is sort of chunky and also it has absolutly no pigmentation! Even wet n wild is more pigmented than this!

I'm disappointed with this eyeshadow. I was looking for something that would be white and shimmery to use mainly on the inner corners of my eyes and under my eyebrows as a highlight, but this is not what I wanted at all. I guess I didn't try it out enough in the store. First of all it isn't pigmented at all! None of the white colour can be picked up by my finger or a brush, I only get this super super sheer shimmery colour with some sparkles in it. It's almost as if it has no base colour, just the little pieces of glitter. Even if I try to layer it or pack it on, it just looks like a cheap glittery mess. It is very misleading because just by looking at it you can't really tell that it is a glittery eyeshadow, it just looks very shimmery. Another problem is it doesn't last AT ALL. I can easily rub it all away with just a few strokes of my finger until it looks like it was never there. I don't understand this eyeshadow at all, but I'll keep trying to make it work as it was not cheap. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone, no matter what look you're going for.

on 10/25/2011 5:35:00 AM

Uber frosty grey-white with sparkly particles that migrate to cheek: what's to like?

on 8/25/2011 11:30:00 PM

This was the first shadow I bought with the intention of using as a brow highlight, looking back that was a horrible mistake! lol. This is fine for highlighting the inner corner of your eye, but it is a very sheer color and does not build up very well. This is also the grittiest shadow I have ever seem MAC put out, the chunks of glitter are insane.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This eyeshadow is rubbish, the colour pay off is terrible! I've tried to pack it on, and still cannot see it, it is really bad, basically all you can see when it's applied is a tiny bit of glitter and that's it! I bought a refill for my 15 palette so paid 9 for it but would never ever buy it again, I would advise people not to bother buying it at all, save your money!

on 12/24/2010 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I like Forgery fairly well, though I'd really like to have this color in the Veluxe Pearl (Perle?) formula, rather than the Lustre.

Forgery is for hard core lovers of silver only; don't even go near this product unless you want seriously shimmery platinum silver.

I love silver, but at 46, I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for this much shine. What I like to do is use matte shadows on my lids and in the creases, and use a shimmery shade like Forgery as a highlight only, so I don't get shine overload. Maybe it's just my skin, but I don't see the huge chunks of glitter of which other reviewers wrote.

I do wish that Forgery offered the smooth, even coverage that the very best MAC shadows do, but applied to inner corners and browbones with my 239 brush, it looks lovely.

Applied over UDPP on my uber-oily lids, Forgery lasts well, though there *is* a bit of fall-out.

While I like Forgery, I don't *love* its formula, and will probably try a different silver shadow next time.

I recently started shopping for all my make up products @ MAC and I have loved everything so far, until I purchased Forgery and got home and used it!!!! Doesn't stay on well, barely gets onto my brush to apply, it actually looks a bit bulky in the container, it's made me wonder if it wasn't even made right? Complete waste of an eyeshadow, it doesn't apply good and doesn't not stay on, I am no fan of glitter and basically thats how it looks and applies!!!! Will never but this shade again!!!!!!