Sephora 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation

Sephora  8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation

4.2

Talc, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Nylon-12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Octinoxate, Bismuth Oxychloride, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stereate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Iron Oxides, Zeolite, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoroethoxymethoxy Difluoroethyl PEG Phosphate, Butylparaben, BHT

I use this on days that I want something on my face (to keep oiliness at bay) but not a heavy foundation. I can't say much about coverage, because that's not why I use this, but it looks so natural and does the job. Keeps everything not too shiny and you can't even tell I'm wearing anything!

on 1/14/2016 11:50:00 AM

Love it. My favourite powder. I had other powders from Sephora but this one is by far the best. It keeps my face clean and dry for hours. Honestly, I only use a bit of concealer to hide redness and dar circles. no foundation needed. I recommend giving this one a try.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a decent powder, not great, but not bad either.

I really like the compact, it feels sturdy and comes with a good sized mirror--always a bonus.

on 12/30/2015 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for something that matches my skin tone better than IT Cosmetic celebration foundation and I stumbled upon this at Sephora, after reading all the good reviews, I bought shade 24 Vanilla which is a good match to my skin color. I like the sleek magnetic packaging and there are so many shades available. Unfortunately it is just not as outstanding as the reviews sound. It was SUPER CAKEY, it wouldn't latch onto my skin(primed), perhaps the application would be better if I press it with a sponge but I used a flat brush. The coverage is sheer at most, it is almost like a tinted setting powder. I couldn't layer it to build up the coverage because it was way too cakey. It didn't live up to the name "8 hours oil control" because my skin got pretty oily by mid day. Ended up returning it. I guess it would be good only if you have normal/dry, acne free skin and just wanted to even out skin tone, or use as setting powder on top of liquid foundation.

This is the first powder foundation that I truly like; the coverage to me is medium/full. I prever to wear this instead of Marc Jacobs genius gel, Maybelline FitMe, Too faced Amazing face and Bobbi Brown Skin foundation.

My skin looks natural and not cakey; first I put a moisturizer and then the compact foundation so I can prevent any kind of dryness.

The only thing that I really don´t like it´s the sponge, but I think that´s because I kind of hate sponges in general.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

i really really in love with this product! suits well with ma skin and looks really natural. not cakey at all and that 8 hours can be trusted!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a decent powder and it does it job. I mainly used this as a setting powder over my concealer and my T-zone area. The coverage was very light so I don't know if this could be used as a foundation itself. For those who want a light coverage it's for you, but the sephora gal told me you can apply it wet for a thicker coverage. Personally, I found the powder to be nothing out of the world extradorinaiy. It did its job of mattifying and setting my makeup for a couple hours, despite my oily skin. However, there are many cheaper drugstore alternatives that would do the same thing. For 22 bucks it was not a miracle for me and not quite worth the price. I really did like the packaging though. It's in a sleek, black compact with a magnetic closure. I didn't really use the sponge, instead I used a kabuki brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So far this powder foundation is pretty amazing. Usually within 4 hours of washing my face I'm an oily mess- not only my T-zone, but my whole face. it has now been almost 5 hours and I have a tiny bit of shine on my nose. I don't expect miracles here with an oil free face for 8+ hours, but I'll take almost shine free for 5 hours any day! Just need to blot a bit on my nose and I'm good for the rest of the day! The only reason I did not give this a 5 star rating is because when applying, it did look a bit powdery on my face. But then again that might be my fault for applying too much in one place.

on 2/16/2015 5:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in shade 15-Nude. I needed a non-oily powder foundation and this got recommended to me by a friend. It lasts on my skin (however I'm not sure if it does last the 8 hrs fully - sometimes needs reapplying). I like the packaging however I use my own brush and not the sponge inside. It has a nice texture and doesn't make my acne-prone skin break out.

My skin is dry, but using the soft brush with this compact, it works so well. I absolutely love this product, but it is expensive.