4.1

price range

Reviews

from

2 years ago

I am using this powder for the last 2 years every day, the current package is my second one and still half of it left. I have normal to dry skin, I just need a powder that won't be too irritating for my skin and won't make it dry, something that will cover my a bit shiny nose and forehead after applying a cream / foundation. Pros: when using in the morning, it still works till the afternoon, sometimes I have to reapply the powder again if I want to go out somewhere in the evening. It doesn't make my skin dry, my skin tolerates it perfectly, it has the mirror inside - it's a big plus. It has strong magnetic closure so it won't open by itself. The powder doesn't look fake or like a mask on your skin. It's the best powder I have used so far, that's why I decided to buy the 2nd package after finishing the first one (shade no. 20). Cons: The only thing that I noticed after a while is that my pores tend to be a bit more visible when I am applying the powder. This is my 2nd package and I think that when I finish it, I will try something new because of that - as I can afford for something better and now I know how to find a perfect product for my skin. But maybe I will get back to this product in the future!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I really wanted to like this product, especially given the attractive pricing. Unfortunately, it didn't impress me at all. Firstly, the coverage is sub par at best, and the packaging is extremely annoying, as the sponge applicator always falls out and is just extremely awkward. I was looking for something with light/medium coverage, but this product doesn't actually stay on.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

2.0

3 years ago

POSITIVES: This is actually for the new "Matte Perfection" powder that comes in a gorgeous array of yellows (!) hurray!! Shade range is great -- I picked up 30 warm beige (oxidized too dark on me) and exchanged for 18 golden linen. That one is too light. Sign. Silky soft powder with light coverage. BIG BIG Negative: ingredient list: 10th ingredient ethylhexylglycerin is classified by the European Union as an irritant !!! RESULT: YES, if I wear for more than one day in a row, my face is irritated and breaks out. WILL NOT RE-PURCHASE! Negative: Doesn't help hide pores. Sad. Sephora Matte Perfection Powder: Talc, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Boron Nitride, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Caprylyl Glycol, evil stuff >>>>Ethylhexylglycerin<<<<, Tocopherol. (+/-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I use this on days that I want something on my face (to keep oiliness at bay) but not a heavy foundation. I can't say much about coverage, because that's not why I use this, but it looks so natural and does the job. Keeps everything not too shiny and you can't even tell I'm wearing anything!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesHazel

4 years ago

Love it. My favourite powder. I had other powders from Sephora but this one is by far the best. It keeps my face clean and dry for hours. Honestly, I only use a bit of concealer to hide redness and dar circles. no foundation needed. I recommend giving this one a try.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

4 years ago

This is a decent powder, not great, but not bad either. I really like the compact, it feels sturdy and comes with a good sized mirror--always a bonus.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I was looking for something that matches my skin tone better than IT Cosmetic celebration foundation and I stumbled upon this at Sephora, after reading all the good reviews, I bought shade 24 Vanilla which is a good match to my skin color. I like the sleek magnetic packaging and there are so many shades available. Unfortunately it is just not as outstanding as the reviews sound. It was SUPER CAKEY, it wouldn't latch onto my skin(primed), perhaps the application would be better if I press it with a sponge but I used a flat brush. The coverage is sheer at most, it is almost like a tinted setting powder. I couldn't layer it to build up the coverage because it was way too cakey. It didn't live up to the name "8 hours oil control" because my skin got pretty oily by mid day. Ended up returning it. I guess it would be good only if you have normal/dry, acne free skin and just wanted to even out skin tone, or use as setting powder on top of liquid foundation.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium

4 years ago

This is the first powder foundation that I truly like; the coverage to me is medium/full. I prever to wear this instead of Marc Jacobs genius gel, Maybelline FitMe, Too faced Amazing face and Bobbi Brown Skin foundation. My skin looks natural and not cakey; first I put a moisturizer and then the compact foundation so I can prevent any kind of dryness. The only thing that I really don´t like it´s the sponge, but I think that´s because I kind of hate sponges in general.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

i really really in love with this product! suits well with ma skin and looks really natural. not cakey at all and that 8 hours can be trusted!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive

HairBlack

EyesHazel

5 years ago

This is a decent powder and it does it job. I mainly used this as a setting powder over my concealer and my T-zone area. The coverage was very light so I don't know if this could be used as a foundation itself. For those who want a light coverage it's for you, but the sephora gal told me you can apply it wet for a thicker coverage. Personally, I found the powder to be nothing out of the world extradorinaiy. It did its job of mattifying and setting my makeup for a couple hours, despite my oily skin. However, there are many cheaper drugstore alternatives that would do the same thing. For 22 bucks it was not a miracle for me and not quite worth the price. I really did like the packaging though. It's in a sleek, black compact with a magnetic closure. I didn't really use the sponge, instead I used a kabuki brush.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm