Chanel Les Beiges - Healthy Glow Sheer Powder

Chanel Les Beiges - Healthy Glow Sheer Powder
chanel les beiges no40

3.6

Octinoxate (7), Titanium Dioxide (8); Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Silica, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Dimyristate, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Fragrance, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Myristate, Tin Oxide, Gossypium Arboreum (Cotton) Leaf Cell Extract, Rosa Alba Leaf Cell Extract, BHT, Citric Acid. May Contain: Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

on 12/24/2016 6:20:00 AM

I wasn't interested in this product when it first hit the shelves despite thinking that it looked very appealing. I held off buying for a very long time but recently caved and purchased it with a few other Chanel items (my bank balance is crying).

I think the marketing hype on this product is ridiculous and I feel slightly confused about what this powder actually is or should be....I have the lightest shade but feel that perhaps to use it as Chanel intended I should have gone up a shade so it showed more colour? In the end I feel that you can use this as a setting powder, a light bronzer or whatever you prefer and there really is no general rule about it.

I've rated this a 5 because as well as being ridiculously beautiful it is also practical. I finish my makeup with this every day and it gives me a very slight glow whilst taking any slickness off my skin. I am happy that it has SPF (although I don't rely on it), I like the fragrance because it makes me feel pampered (although I know that many won't). Obviously i look nothing like the beautiful Gisele when I have finished with this powder but if I wanted to add slight bronzing to my contours then I could go up a shade or two which perhaps I may do in the future.

I love this powder because it is a covetable luxury item that does a nice job of finishing my makeup and the powder is silky and glides on well. For some, powder is powder but for me pulling this compact out when I'm bleary eyed in the morning is a nice thing to experience. This product would be good to carry with you because the brush it comes with is actually quite useable and the compact is sturdy and has a very nice sized mirror.

It isn't a miracle product, it's a slightly glowy setting powder with a teeny bronze cast but the powder is so sheer that barely comes across when you apply it, but it is a beautiful item for people who enjoy packaging and guiltily but knowingly buy into the marketing fairytale. I'm very pleased with this and it brings me joy, that is all I ask for.

on 12/7/2016 12:04:00 PM

Bought two!!cthis is AMAZING. Every time I wear it I get asked what I've done to have perfect skin. Never had anyone ask before. I just hope this never gets dropped by Chanel!

on 11/11/2016 2:19:00 PM

Chanel - Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen in № 30.
Day 1: love it
Day 2: Meh
Day 3: OMG pancake face and hating it.
Day 4: better than meh but worse than love.
I think this comes down to me not knowing how to exactly use this as I thought it was more of a mattifying powder to put over my foundation as the woman at the Chanel a counter at Nordstrom did for me, which looked really incredible over my liquid foundation. She didn't explain what the uses for it were at all nor how to apply it other than I don't need to use much, now that I think of it. Upon applying it the following day myself, it looked rather patchy and weird especially along my jawbone and basically looked like my foundation had oxidized (which wasn't the case). Strange. Also, I feel that it may be way to dark for what I initially thought it was meant to be used for - or so I thought. But upon reading other reviews here, people seem to be saying it's more of a very light bronzer/glow powder rather than a regular pressed powder to use throughout the day. I'm thinking of exchanging for a shade lighter but unsure.
Beautiful packaging, however!
Will experiment more with it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in the chanel 2016 travel palette in shade #20 & it is soooo awesome! It is so sheer u think there is nothing there but it only takes a small amount on your nose/chin & it is like you are lit from within yet it controls oil I put it on at 10:30AM & I was blotting st 9PM nothing short of a miracle normally by 9PM it'd be impossible to salvage my MU & I'd be scrubbing it off but I'll wait til I got to bed to take off my MU which makes me happii. Im NC20 in MAC (Blot powder medium, Sephora Linen powder fdtn/Sephora perfect Mist airbrush fdtn Medium), im so going to rebuy this when I run out of it in the palette. I don't know how much it costs but it will be MINE!! Funny how it can illuminate yet Mattify! & for such a long time--a miracle!! And it's in a palette handy w other MU very convenient & cool. #winning

on 8/9/2016 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in 30 and 40. I love this powder as it is a very sheer but gives me a glow that I have found cannot be duplicated anywhere. Believe me I have looked for a smaller price tag with the same effect. Nada! This is not a thick foundation type powder so people should not expect it to cover up much. It is a "Healthy Glow Sheer Powder" as it is labeled to be. I use it over my BB creams and Tinted moisturizers after I spot conceal and set with loose powder in my problematic oily T-one. It is subtle and gorgeous. I cannot live without this in the Summer especially. I hope they carry this for a long time. I know Chanel is uber expensive but you definitely get what you pay for with this one. That is if what you are wanting to do is look subtle yet posh Summertime polished.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this powder on a whim at duty free while travelling in Europe. I must admit the packaging totally attracted me - the beige and black compact is gorgeous. So elegant and well made. It has the kind of luxury I would expect from Chanel.

The compact has a lovely mirror and it comes with a weird round brush, which I ended up replacing with a MAC compact powder puff. The brush was pretty useless, TBH.

I got this powder in No.10 and it's a great match for me (I'm MAC NC15 in foundation). I use this as my 'touch up' powder or if I'm travelling I'll set my foundation with it. It has a wonderful silky, finely-milled consistency that's very comfortable on the skin. It gives a great natural satin finish without making my dry skin look too flat or dull. It does a good job as soaking up oil (although I only get a small amount of oil through the day in my T-zone) and doesn't look cakey when layered up.

it has a slight fragrance to it, so if you're sensitive I would check it out in person before purchasing.

Overall, it's exactly what I want in a touch up powder: satin finish that's not too drying, luxurious feel and a great compact that I enjoy using. Would definitely repurchase.

on 3/28/2016 7:09:00 AM

The packaging is luxurious. But that is it.

I am NC20 and bought shade 50 to use as a bronzer. It is cool bronzer shade.

It felt good in the store but I soon noticed that the powder turns very patchy on skin. Not a good bronzer look.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved this powder. My foundation shades is around an NC20/25/C2 in MAC, Fiji in Nars, Buttercream in BareMinerals Complexion Rescue. I used the Les Beiges Healthy Glow in B30 as a subtle bronzer that gave my complexion a really lovely golden warmth and glow. Though I loved this powder I have stopped using this as Chanel is not cruelty free and I'm moving to more organic green brands.

on 2/23/2016 7:44:00 AM

Lovely natural powder if you want to add some depth to your cheekbones, I personally prefer to wear this around my cheekbones/side of my face. Can be used day or night for a natural look, you could probably wear this without much other makeup on, just by itself to add some definition. Smells lovely and is kind to skin.

on 2/13/2016 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I feel the Les Beiges powder has been so underrated. And I guess one of the reasons is that reviews depend on how this product is being used. I love, love, LOVE this product, but I don't use it as an all-over-the face powder. I don't think I would have liked it much for that use either. I am NC25-30 in MAC, and I bought this in the No 40, which is ever so slightly darker than my normal skin tone. I gently apply this around the cheek, the jawline, a bit on the forehead (well, generally on those areas you would contour dark if you were contouring). I tend to use a very minimal amount, though you don't have to worry about overdoing it either, as this powder is so sheer. And that is what I really like about it. It is subtle, yet it does make a difference. In this sense, it can almost be used as a bronzer, without looking overdone or unnatural, as I have found many bronzers tend to do.

Without any hesitation, a 5 lippie for me!