SHISEIDO Urban Environment UV Protection SPF43

SHISEIDO Urban Environment UV Protection SPF43
Urban Environment UV Protection SPF43

Active Ingredients: Ensulizone 2.0%- Sunscreen Octinoxate 7.4%- Sunscreen Titanium Dioxide 7.2%- Sunscreen Inactive Ingredients:Water, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, PEG-9, Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Xylitol, PEG-6, PEG-32, PEG/PPG-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Thiotaurine, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Arginine HCL, Ononis Spinosa Root Extract, Sodium PCA, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, PPG-17, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aminomethyl Propanol, Aluminum Distearate, Isostearic Acid, Stearic Acid, Trisodium EDTA, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Alumina, Polysilicone-2, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polybutylene Glycol/PPG-9/1 Copolymer, BHT, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 9/1/2018 8:37:00 AM

I love this! It not only provides very good sun protection with an SPF of 43, but it goes on matte and stays matte all day, even in hot and humid weather - that is so important for me since I have oily combination skin and one of my pet peeves about sunscreens is that most of them leave my skin looking like an oil slick. The texture is light and very spreadable, and I also love the fact that it's tinted, since it evens out my skin tone (but not as much as foundation would). There are only three shades available - light, medium and dark, but it goes on fairly sheer so even when I have a bit of a tan, the light shade doesn't look too light on me.

Bought this because I am acne prone oily skin and I'm using strong acne products & retin-a. I really like it and am it did not cause me any new spots or block my pores as sunscreens usually do. The only problem is that it oxidizes really badly on my skin. It also is not long wearing. It lasts on my oily skin for a few hours then begins to fade & look really shiny.
I still like this product because for a sunscreen it is really light weight and does not clog my pores and feels weightless until about 5-6 hours of wear. Keep in mind I am in Los Angeles in spring time it's pretty warm here. My winter skin would really like this too.

on 2/3/2018 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Like another reviewer, I purchased this for a Mexico vacation this January. I wanted sun protection that would not clog pores while evening out my less than perfect, acne-prone skin. I researched online and this product kept coming up as a good option. My research proved to be correct. This product was perfect for my needs. I typically break out from most SPF products and have in fact, avoided any foundations that contain SPF over the years. I have been wearing the Urban Environment UV Protection for over three weeks now and I have not broken out at all. I also did not burn during my 2 week Mexican vacation where it was intensely sunny every day (although did tan, but I tan very very easily). I have medium, olive skin tone and shade no. 3 was a perfect match for me. I am home now from Mexico but continue to use this product as my everyday foundation. I apply with my fingers after moisturizing. I especially love how easy it is to apply. It takes me literally minutes to blend it into my skin and it gives a nice even and glowy look to my skin. The product is buildable to give more coverage if necessary as well...I was actually surprised by how much coverage it gives as a tinted moisturizer, relative to a regular foundation I am actually contemplating making this my everyday foundation for the rest of the winter....while I love my Estee Lauder double wear light, which has been my go-to foundation for a number of years, I am finding it to be too drying for the winter. I think I prefer the texture and look of the Urban Environment UV Protection. Love love this product!!!!!

on 2/19/2017 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Feels sticky hours after applying! I applied a thin layer, still sticky. I love Shiseido sunscreens but this one was a dud for me. Pros: small portable format, high SPF.

on 1/30/2017 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin has been extra sensitive lately due to a long bout with Perioral Dermatitis, ugh. It's been very challenging finding skincare and makeup products that don't cause more problems, to say the least. In walks Shiseido UE Tinted UV Protector SPF 43... I was using the old formulation of the Shiseido UV Protective Liquid Foundation, but I was running low and the reformulated version (2014?) sadly didn't work for me as it accentuated my peely POD areas and was oxidizing badly on my oily nose/t-zone. I also tried the newish Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation in Neutral 1 and unfortunately it made my PD areas redder. I had used and enjoyed the previous formula of Shiseido's tinted moisturizer (2006?) so I got a sample of this newer version and it's been working out great! No irritation or breakouts and it stays on all day (with powder!). The shade #1 is perfect for my light skintone (MAC NC20). The coverage is light, yet somewhat buildable. For extra coverage I use a concealer on any redness/blemishes (Prescriptives Camoflauge Cream in Warm Light).

on 10/23/2016 8:16:00 PM

I had a few samples of this but almost didn't use when I realized they were in the shade 'dark', and I'm more of a medium olive tone. I really liked the way it looked on though, it just made me look like I had a beautiful tan. So, color-wise it was a winner. How it interacts with my skin is another story. This was my second try with a Shiseido product this month and both times, my skin reacted badly. This tingles in a bad way. It does not feel comfortable to wear and I can't wait to wash it off. After just a few day of wearing it, my skin started getting milia and bumps.

When it comes to tinted moisturizers, I need a formula that doesn't irritate my skin, and hopefully something that actually improves my skin over time rather than make it worse. I'm putting this in the same drawer a my MAC products - things that I save for special occasions when I want to look extra good - but I know that my skin will pay the price afterward. Definitely will not become part of my daily routine.

I bought this to wear during my Mexico vacation, as I needed something with a high SPF that also offered some coverage. Pretty good product, even though I did tan through it.

It feels light on my skin, and the lightest shade matches my NW15 skin pretty well (especially since I'm a bit darker than normal, having just gone through the summer). It did make me a bit oilier, but that could also be because of the extra humid, hot climate there.
The coverage is pretty sheer, but enough to even out my skin and make it look nicer. If you need lots of coverage, this is not going to cut it.
It does have a scent that lingers, it didn't bother me but I could see it bugging those who are sensitive to fragrance in their skin products.

It did not break me out, or cause any irritation, which is amazing because SPF tends to make my skin itchy, red and cause breakouts.

It looked natural and didn't break down or vanish before I had the chance to wash it off.

It is a bit pricy, but I think it's worth it. I still have a bit left and I will continue using it on low key days, when I don't feel like putting on my fuller coverage foundations.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Lightweight, oil-free, easy to apply and great packaging. I do not like to wear heavy sunscreen or foundation, and I won't wear it all day. After applying this I cannot feel it on my skin. Great for my very oily skin. I like the fact that there are only 3 shades. This makes my choice easy. I wear 2. The price is not ultra cheap, but not overly expensive. $32 at my Sephora.

on 2/7/2016 12:33:00 AM

Overall, this is a solid product. Oil-free, has a sheer, natural finish. Not a lot of coverage, but somewhat buildable. Once it sets, it doesn't feel like there is anything on your skin (which is what I prefer). So far has not caused breakouts or blemishes (my usual problem with sunscreen products). Wish there were a few more colors, and best to try those colors on, as the one that matches and looks best is not intuitive. The salewoman recommended the lightest shade, 1, but I insisted on trying 2, and even she agreed 2 looked better, even though it looks quite dark coming out of the tube. The best thing about it is that it is I actually find it pleasant enough to wear everyday, and I have not found anything with SPF that I can say that about (since Isomers changed their sunscreen formula, sigh sigh sigh...)

on 7/5/2015 8:17:00 PM

A really great tinted moisturizer.
High SPF, and doesnt feel gross and sticky. very light coverage but build-able to light/medium!
surprisingly clings onto my face really well for a tinted moisturizer and having combination oily skin.
applies dewy but then dries to a semi-matte finish, feels super light on the skin
only downside is that the color selection is very limited.