Blinc Kiss Me Mascara Amplified

Blinc Kiss Me Mascara Amplified

3.2

Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Nylon-66, Aminomethyl Propanol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Ammonium Hydroxide, o-Cymen-5-OL, Laureth-12, Methylisothiazolinone. [May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 9/4/2018 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love not having to worry about raccoon eyes anymore. I use a primer under the mascara & think it does a pretty darn good job. Have purchased again whenever I get low. I used it as my everyday mascara. Highly recommend.

on 3/28/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I only ever use waterproof mascaras, and I always prefer dark brown to black (which I realise is a bit niche) but I was very excited to find this: another highly-praised and guaranteed wonder product being sold by Beauty and the Boutique.
Most of the other (waterproof, brown) mascaras I've used have been by inexpensive high-street brands, and (sadly) they all performed better than this one. (The best was, oddly, by Nivea ('Extreme Resist' 24 hour waterproof) so of course they have since discontinued it.)

This one went on quite nicely. The brush head is a bit big, and the filaments are more densely packed than other mascara wands I've used, but it does quite a good job of applying the product without clumping on the lashes. It felt messy though, more ended up on my upper lid, and flicked onto my cheek, than usual. So maybe do your eyes with this before foundation etc.

When it was on it was waterproof, and also smudge-proof in that it didn't smear or melt or go oily. But it shed little flaky bits of 'tubes' constantly, which then get stuck to the skin under and around your eye and looks ghastly.

Also, excessive packaging. It's in a cool metal tube, but that's just it's case, the mascara tube is inside that again. A tube within a tube why?

And a slightly tangential gripe, because it's not about a thing they claimed they could do, but it is a thing many mascaras just do naturally (without mentioning it): lengthening.
They make a big fuss of the fact their product makes 'tubes' on your lashes, but many waterproof mascaras do that, which means they usually have the pleasing side-effect of lengthening your lashes if you use a couple of coats. But this is the first mascara, of any kind, I've ever used that didn't do that - though none of the others were 'lengthening' mascaras specifically.

Short version: it was the most expensive mascara I ever bought, and one of the poorest performers.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was really hoping this mascara would work for me after trying a few different ones from Sephora and not finding any that I would repurchase. I ended up returning this mascara after a week of trying it. It made my eyelashes look very spidery and stiff. I couldn't get that nice fluffy, separated look that I like. The "tubes" actually got into my eye and was very uncomfortable. Wouldn't recommended this one!

on 4/8/2016 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Good tubing mascara. This gives me rich, black, thick, defined and insanely long lashes. It absolutely does not smudge or flake and it is removed with warm water and a gentle pull. The "tubes" come off fairly easily. Read the instructions. Tubing mascaras are very different than the usual wax, gel, etc. formulas. This is excellent for those with sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. None of this mascara will get into the eye unless you don't know how to use it.
UPDATE: I knocked a lippie off for how much of a mess this can be while removing and another off for how stiff and hard lashes become once this sets. Forget trying to separate any stuck together lashes. They're going to stay that way until the warm water hits them. Also tiring of black tubes everywhere as you pull them off your lashes. End up rinsing too many pieces off of my cheeks, etc. Not sure if it's worth the trouble anymore. Also seems to make my eyes burn and itch. I'll stick with DHC Perfect Pro. (See review).

on 1/25/2016 6:03:00 PM

Picked this up from my dermatologist the other day, and was so excited to try it. It really irritated my eyes and the formula felt very dry and itchy while on my lashes. Gave it a second try the next day...same results. I'm contact lens wearer, btw. Still looking for my HG mascara....

Gives a nice enough look, although still not what I'd consider particularly volumizing, but it smudges on me, which for a tubing mascara is a total dealbreaker. Will be returning.

Context: I have pretty average lashes and prefer a natural look.

Blinc's original formula mascara made me fall in love with tubing mascaras as a concept, but I wasn't totally happy with the effect I got or the extremely wet formula that took a good couple of months to dry down a bit. Since blinc's mascaras are generally well reviewed and cruelty free, I decided to try the Amplified formula. Turns out it has everything I liked about the original formula, but is drier and doesn't flake nearly as much on me. I'm so pleased. I'm only about a month into a mini tube, but since I got it in a Sephora Lash Stash, I've already redeemed the coupon for a full size. I'll update this review if the mascara starts behaving badly as it dries out, or if I get noticeably different performance from the full size.

The brush is much bigger than the original formula's. It's quite bushy and is shaped kinda like a crayon (one width the whole way across with a taper on the end). It takes a little more work to get the same amount of product on my lashes as the original formula but it builds to a reasonable degree so that's fine. That said, I don't think you can get much beyond a natural look, so dramatic mascara lovers will probably be bored with this one. It does a decent but not perfect job holding a curl through the day, but it looks perfect until I remove it so I will forgive it of most sins. I get flakes if I accidentally rub my eyes but otherwise I rarely see any. No smudging whatsoever and removal is a piece of cake. I'll probably try some cheaper cruelty free tubing mascaras when I'm done with my mini and full size of this one, but would be perfectly happy repurchasing this for as long as my mascara preferences remain the same.

on 7/20/2015 12:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Out of 5 deluxe samples in the Sephora Lash Stash kit, this turned out to be my HG mascara! I love this! Talk about staying power, I can put this on in the AM, work all day, come home and work out in the yard and get sweaty and this stuff doesn't even smudge! The formula is just right (not to wet, not too dry) and it doesn't take alot to get good coverage. You definitely have to be quick with it, as it dries fairly fast. Another plus is that if I do happen to get it on my eyelid, all it takes is a q-tip in some warm water to wipe it off, no makeup remover required. When you're ready to take it off, just use a warm wash cloth to gently wipe your eyes and the little tubes just come right off! I know which full size I'll be getting with my voucher that came in the kit!

on 4/26/2015 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm surprised this didn't get better reviews. This has been my favorite mascara every since they came out with the amplified version. I tried the original a long time ago and I hated it so I wasn't sure if I would like this but I do. I don't know if the original formula has changed but when I tried it, it gave me spidery lashes that did not look natural, did not give volume and made my lashes straight after curling. This new version is sooo much better. It is buildable but you have to let it dry in-between coats or else it will straighten the curl. I put on a light coat and will leave it at that for most days but if I want more definition for a night out, I put multiple coats after letting each coat dry and it builds really nicely without looking unnatural. This looks the most natural out of anything I have tried and does not give me raccoon eyes at the end of the day. No other mascara compares for me now. Love it!

on 8/13/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

im not one to buy high end mascaras because i feel drug store are just as good. but i received a sample of this and ill admit it caught my attention. the packaging is nice.
the actual mascara is nice if i want a "no make up make up"
i found it hard to add a second coat because this dries incredibly fast. i mean right after you apply! the way the comb felt sliding against my lashes was amazing. this mascara was really meant for length and not volume.