NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

A horrible setting spray! I got this because my Mac fix+ spray is soon empty and I wanted to see what the hype about this was….
First, this makes my face feel thight and and the mist is absolutely terrible! Also, it is wayyy smaller than you think.
All in all, this is horrible. It may be cheap, but not worth it at all!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was looking for powder alternatives that would help me set my makeup, as I have had no luck with setting powders and there's no love lost between us. I tried this setting spray, mostly because I like NYX but I have had no luck with this either. It broke me out everytime I used it - I am certain it was this product as I have a fairly consistent makeup routine otherwise - and even though my makeup did last longer, it felt drying on the skin and ultimately it was not worth the pimples.

I wanted to like this but could not get past the awful smell. Ugh, it's seriously that bad. I tried to get past and just hold my breath. Then I just tossed it in the trash bin. It was inexpensive so I didn't feel too bad. But still, it really needs to be addressed. It could be a great product. I've heard others complain about the same issue so I know it was not just a bad bottle. I'll move on to the Sally Beauty Supply Spray and Stay. It's been great!

This spray works fine as far as setting makeup but I didn't care for the smell...like alcohol all over my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I can't seem to understand the great review about this product because the only way to describe it is RUBBISH! My experience with this setting spray was an absolute disaster!

Bought this around the £8 mark as I was looking for something that would give me that dewy glow that I'm always after, instead, an hour after spraying this, my face looked like someone had marinated my face in oil then left it out in the sun to dry. It was horrible. I didn't get the dewy look I was promised, my makeup looked as though it was melting off my face and transferred so bad! I hate this setting spray so much and would not be repurchasing nor recommend!

For the price and the size of product that you get, it is not worth it at all. I would recommend the L'Oreal Infallible Fix and Mist which is much cheaper and does an amazing job at setting your make-up and removing the powderness.

Nothing special. I'm using Mac Fix + , I think it supposed to work the same way but it doesn't. To me this is a miss. I prefer Mac fix, it's the best spray so far. This spray is probably good if u have nothing to top up with. It doesn't result a dewy look at all, Mac fix does it for me. It has strong alcohol smell. I'm planning to finish it all up (quickly) and put some Macs fix juice into the bottle, for travel.

+ Also makeup sets better with Macs Fix. NYX spray just left weird rings round each pore, it also turned foundation to a orange color, strange.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was very disappointed in this setting spray because I usually like NYX products. I bought it because my makeup wears off and smears a lot by the end of the day so I thought that it would help it stay in place and stay on all day but it didn't make my makeup last at all and my makeup still smeared. It didn't do much to help at all actually. When you first spray it on your face it makes your face feel finished and it gives it a nice glow but other than that it didn't make a difference to my face makeup.

Ironically I get oily skin and I hate it but I love a dewy finish. So in my head I calculated, matte primer, matte foundation, matte powder, dewy spray. It didnt work out.
The spray is literally like a hose (exaggeration) but its definitely not a mist at all and leaves wet spots on my face. It didnt really help the longevity of my makeup.
Im disappointed because I really like NYX eye products and Id read some great reviews on this spray! :(

Would I buy it again?
No, overall it didnt work for me.

PACKAGING: It doesnt mist, it sprays like crazy!
PRICE: $14.95 - Target Australia

Quick about me:
Skin: I have oily t-zone, very oily around my nose, large pores, breakouts only on my jawline and occasionally on my chin. My skin is sensitive and hates pretty much everything!
Diet: I have just recently stop consuming dairy products and reducing my meat intake to see if that effects my skin. I also have increased my fruit and vegetables and water intake. Water has made a huge huge huge difference!!!
Lifestyle: gym goer, big lover of sports and outdoor activities.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

This product literally enhances all the imperfections on my face. I bought this because I have severely dry skin and it's crazy hard for my face to look even close to non cakey. What this product should have done was melt my makeup into my skin, setting it into place with a dewy finish. Oh it does set my makeup kind of, but let me explain how:
It somehow actually separates my foundation and makes it very dry into a powdery finish, which then sticks to my skin. It looks like there are thousands of little circle patches all over my face; it's disgusting. From about five feet away, it looks like it maintains a dewy finish, but my original foundation is already dewy.
This literally does nothing for me except make my makeup look a lot lot worse.
My sister who has oily skin also hates this. I offered my spray to her since I figured maybe it just doesn't work well with dry skin. She said, "It makes all my imperfections show and stand out." I feel the same way.
Complete waste of money.

I have dry skin and after I sprayed this on top of my foundation my face became sticky and I couldnt stop myself from wanting to scratch my face because it stung my face, made it feel tight, and felt sweaty.