3.5

$22.70 on Lookfantastic
Shop Now

Reviews

22 days ago

As other reviewers have noted, this does not really add a dewy finish, but is a good setting spray for locking in makeup and holding back shine. It's not drying on my combo skin, but does not add any hydration either. A lot of setting sprays break me out, but I can use this one daily, and it does not irritate or break my skin out. The pump does a good job distributing the mist. The first couple of ingredients are similar to hair spray (but so are most other drugstore setting sprays). I don't love that this contains alcohol, but I do love that this contains niacinamide! I don't notice any scent. I would repurchase!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Other

4 months ago

I love this spray for my oily skin but it’s not dewy at all. It’s one of the best sprays to keep you very matte all day. I like it as much as the UD De-slick spray and it’s even matter than the Nyx Matte spray. So it’s really the opposite of what it says it is but I do really like it for my skin type.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

1.0

4 months ago

Ok, so... the mist is very fine and really nice. I've reused the bottle. That's it, the rest is all bad. It dried the hell out of my skin (and I'm oily). It feels like you've sprayed hairspray on your face! You can actually feel it pulling at your skin... Also, the finish is not dewy at all.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

5 months ago

It is just an ok setting spray. The mister is nice and it gives a rather dewy/ natural finish to the foundation. It doesn't help that much with longevity though as my waterproof mascara keeps running throughout the day.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

7 months ago

Despite being called dewy, it’s a pretty matte setting spray. Feels like hairspray but does the job of setting your makeup. The mist is not that bad. Good product for a decent price.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

10 months ago

This has worked very well for me. I'm on my second bottle. I FINALLY found a foundation color match - Maybelline Superstay - but it looked oily so fast that I was going to give up on it. Then I decided to try a setting spray for the first time and I'm so glad I did. My makeup lasts so much longer and has a soft look that I like especially now in my 40s. During the winter I used Loreal Pro Glow and this setting spray kept it from getting too glowy. Definitely worth the $10. With summer coming up I'm planning on trying the mattifying version. My skin gets oilier in hot weather so I don't expect this to work as well during the summer months as it did during the winter.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

this is far from the best spray ive tried. its not dewy at all nor does it help keep my makeup in place. Nyx is one of those brands that everyone raves about and they do have pretty good products but this is definitely one of their not so good products. it has a bit of an rubbing alcohol scent but its not over powering and isnt that noticeable but if scents bother you then i wouldnt try it. i will defintiely not buy this again because its not worth the price and doesnt do anything it claims to do. you can get something cheaper that works a lot better then this. i do however like the spray, its not messy and its really gentle but sadly the product itself isnt that impressive.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

a year ago

This isn't the best setting spray, nor the worst. My main complaint with it is that it is not dewy whatsoever. It has no sheen, no wet-look to it, nothing. It sets my makeup nicely, I prefer spraying it on a makeup sponge and then pressing into my face to set rather than just spraying it on. Although I think I prefer the matte version for setting my face. The dewy one is okay for using with shimmer shadows. The nozzle has a nice light consistent mist. This spray doesn't smell like anything to me, which is better than it smelling bad! It has niacinimide in it, which is interesting to me as that is usually a skincare ingredient. Perhaps Nyx thought the niacinimide would provide a dewy finish? Spoiler alert, it doesn't. I believe the 2nd ingredient is alcohol, and that just dries out any shot this product had at being dewy. If you have dry skin, I wouldn't recommend this spray for dewiness.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

This comes in a convenient little spray bottle and it's relatively affordable ($10AUD). It does what it says: it leaves a pretty dewy and natural-looking finish! It also smelt alright and didn't break me out. My only qualm with this is that I could feel it on my face after it dried. It made my skin feel a little tight, which was kinda annoying because I smile a lot and I could feel my cheeks stretch when I smiled. Not fun. Would not repurchase this, or spray it over-zealously if you want to be able to smile freely. But maybe that's just me /shrugs/

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

2.0

a year ago

I did not notice that this helped with setting my make-up or pro longing my foundation, it smells very chemical and I don't find it dewy at all. Would not repurchase

About reviewer (350 reviews)

Age36-43