2.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I really wanted to like this since I like a lot of Flower Beauty Products. I figured this would be a good stick I can use for travel too. Unfortunately the formula didn't work on my combo/oily skin. After about 3-4 hours is faded, broke up on my skin, and started settling into fine lines and pores, even with primer. It's very creamy. I used a beauty blender and initially it looked nice, but didn't work on my oily areas. I used the color SF3 which matched me really well, since I'm warm/yellow toned. This might work better for people with dry skin.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I had such high hope for this product - it is one of those items I desperately wanted to work. Because of my very yellow toned NC30-35 Asian skin I always have hard time finding any foundation in yellow tone especially in the drugstore. When I saw the whole new line of FLOWER BEAUTY at Walmart in Canada I was anxious to try it out. Boy was I unimpressed - but let's start with the pro: Pros: - Really cute packaging. I love the nice white packaging they really stand out from a sea of black/silver/gold items you see at the drugstores. - If your skin is yellow toned then you will love hat they cater to our need. Color wise the shade SF4 matches me very well, albeit being a bit on the light side. - Afoordable being it is a drugstore line. Cons: - Horrible blenability. I tried twice to make it work and my face was exfoliated, properly moisturizer and primed but even with beauty blender it climbed onto my dry patches like crazy. It also exaggerated my fine lines and pores. Even with my UD Allnighter setting spray did nothing. - not long lasting at all. My makeup started to slide around after about 4 hours. My face looked so oily and I could not wait until the day to end so I can take my makeup off. - Despite its heavy texture the coverage is medium at best. I was expecting it to do more. It somehow managed to make me look cakey without hiding my imperfections. Conclusion - no I will not repurchase and definitely would not recommend this to anyone. It managed to look dry and oily at the same time so I'm not sure what skin type would benefit from this. FYI Walmart no longer carry this brand in Canada so I guess I would never have the opportunity to try out their other products.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

4 years ago

this is very handy for makeup if you need to quickly get makeup on, "travel makeup", or touchups, or concealer, or might go swimming. Have not noticed any negative issues. Lasts forever for $11. Works great, blends very easily with a finger over serum, or Neutrogena sunblock, and over Garnier Fructis "blur" primer. You don't have to use much on top of the blur primer. Also use in conjunction with the Flower Bronzer & highlighter & blush sticks (which I really like). If it looks too shiny, hit it with some Elf HD powder. Water Resistance: works pretty well during lapswimming, although I haven't compared it against official waterproof makeup.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairSilver, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I liked the idea of using a stick foundation to use as a touch up. I tried it using my finger, straight on the skin, and with a blender sponge. None of these techniques worked. It has a slick texture that glides over the skin but doesn't stay. So weird. I'll try it with powder but very disappointing.

About reviewer (185 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3.0
from

5 years ago

I bought this because I wanted to try something from the Flower line...and Im always looking for a good foundation stick. I could tell right away I wouldn't want to use this all over my face because the lightest shade was too yellow, plus its oily-at least until its blended and dries. So I used it as a concealer to cover redness and it was ok. Covered pretty well. I stopped using it after a little while and cant really remember why...I think it was just a little too bulky for spot concealing, a little too thick, a little too oily, just didn't feel elegant. And for concealing theres way too many better options for me to commit to this. Works in a pinch though if you literally have only 2 minutes to slap some makeup on

About reviewer (322 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

3.0

5 years ago

I got this after seeing emilynoel83's review on Flower products that she'd gotten and loved how the coverage was. I do a few swipes all over my face then blend them out using my ELF Studio Powder Brush, it's the flat top one. It blends it VERY nicely when I use that brush and makes my skin look flawless! It felt light on my skin, almost like I was wearing nothing. This foundation can also be doubled up as a concealer for those certain areas that you need the extra coverage. HOWEVER! If you have lines under and/or around your eyes, it WILL crease! So make sure you have a good primer for underneath the eyes. I will definitely buy this again when I run out! Worth the money! :)

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

5 years ago

So, I went on the Flower Beauty website and watched all of the Drew Barrymore tutorials on how to use the products in the line and this one stood out to me. I love stick foundation - LOVED Loreals quick stick which has been discontinued for years :(. I purchased this in two colors Shade 1 and 2, figuring if one was too light, I had one slightly darker. Well, neither looked good. I love yellow undertones to help even out and cover any redness, but the formula on these sticks is just off. Very creamy, but SO incredibly dry when applying it. It literally stuck to the place I tapped it on and did not budge when blending. Am returning both shades. Very sad, the tutorials made it look like this would be a definete beauty bag product must have and it just flopped. Not sure if there is a reformulation going on, but I know some products are creme to powder finish, but this is not blendable at all. Am going to try with a beauty blender and see if application goes better... if not, getting my $$ back. I would say purchase if you are willing to take the time to buy and experiment and return if neccessary. If not, skip it. EDIT** I have returned both the colors I purchased of this line... I just could not get them to work on my skin....but I do like a few other products from the line. Bummed about this one.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

6 years ago

I don't reallu care much for this product. it feels oily and looks cakey on my skin. I also doesn't cover that well. I wouldn't say its a terrible product but I wouldn't buy it again.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I didnt love it. I like the stick because its easy but it's been sitting in my drawer pretty much unused. I blended it with other foundation at first. Its ok for a quick makeup to put on but not for long wear use. I can be a little oily sometimes and I could tell when using this. Its just ok...

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

1.0

6 years ago

I had read mixed reviews in this but decided to try anyway, even though the $9 price tag made me hesitant. I bought the lightest shade in this foundation, which was EXTREMELY yellow, but seemed a good match. It's so hard to find a SUPER pale drugstore foundation! The tube came with an oily residue, I was assuming to make the lid easier to come on and off, but I think it's from the foundation. It made me break out, and my skin isn't acne-prone, and gave me extremely clogged pores on my nose, took weeks to sort out. This oxidized on me soooo badly and turned the orange shade of a bad bronzer. I left the house looking fine and looked in the mirror 3 hours later in horror. My husband asked what was wrong with my face. The texture is alright, not too wet or dry. It did tend to cling to my dry patches and enhance my pores, even with a pore-minimizing primer. The lasting power in this was decent, I didn't get any breakthrough oil in the 5 hours I wore it and washed it off. I don't think it's worth a try, I was expecting more from the first (and only) product I've tried from Flower beauty. If you're interested in a drug store stick foundation, try maybelline Fit Me stick instead.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age25-29