Urban Decay Theodora Palette

Urban Decay Theodora Palette
Theodora PaletteTheodora PaletteTheodora Palette

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I always love UD's packaging they always do such a great job. I really love the smooth texture of these shadows. They blend out seemlessly and I dont find that I loose too much color payoff with doing so. Also love that this palette is almost entirely made up of earth toned-neutrals. Fantastic everyday palette, work appropriate and night out approved. Thank you for another outstanding product and palette, UD.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was hoping when I bought this that it wouldn't just suit "medium/deep" skin types because I am super fair, and Glinda looked like a bunch of pastels and glitter, which is about as interesting to me as a thirteen year old's birthday party. I picked up Theodora instead and am mostly pleased at what I got.

The shadows are beautiful and soft and show well, even the pale vanilla one. They are easily applied and blended. The eyeliner is Zero which UD always seems to put into most all of their palettes/sets, which means I have 3 of them already, but it's a good strong black, so I guess I shouldn't complain. (I would have liked Glinda's Rockstar since I don't have that one.)

But my favourite part is the lip crayon. Explosive, rich colour, not drying at all, vinyl-shiny and gorgeous. My only complaint is that it bleeds just a wee bit and I'll just use liner next time. I'd actually like to go get another shade just having tried this one. It fades well but does seem to gather in the lip's creases and lines nearing the end of the day when I didn't bother to refresh it (I work in a call centre).

The palette itself is pretty cute and I like that you can put other shadows in to replace the ones you've used. I had exactly zero luck trying to use the little card to "wear Theodora's look" and I'm not sure if it was due to my different colouring or if it was just a terrible walkthrough.

Great value here, as these are full size shadows and I think the lip crayon is full size too. I would buy another palette from UD, just probably not this one specifically.

My husband bought this for me for Valentines Day, and I love it. I've worn it almost every day since. The colors are richly pigmented and butter smooth and there are a nice mix of shimmers and mattes. The glitter shades have much less fall out than in the Glinda palette. This can be used as an everyday subtle eye, or darkened up for a smoky, intense night look. The tin that it comes in is great, and I appreciate that the shadows can be replaced when they are empty or can be switched out if I want to travel with this. The mirror is large, and the eyeliner is one of Urban Decay's best colors. The lip color is a little bright for me, but I tend to apply lip gloss and just use a touch of this and it works well. I think this is a great value when you consider how much just the empty palette costs. Would definitely buy this again or recommend it to others.

on 2/18/2013 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this palette! First off, I think it is worth the price because you get 6 full size eye shadows (and 8 colors), an eyeliner and a lip color.
Packaging is just amazing, I love that you can pop the shadows out and put other ones, the metal casing is also amazing and the design is gorgeous!
Color selection is amazing, I was looking for a palette with most of these shades and finally found it. The shadows are pigmented, smooth and very easy to blend. I haven't experienced much fallout.
The eyeliner is amazing just like any other ud glide on pencil and the lip color is beautiful, however I don't find it to be long lasting, especially while eating, drinking and talking a lot.
Would certainly recommend this, it is my favorite eye shadow palette!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I think this palette is definitely one of my top favourites from urban decay, not quite as brilliant as the Naked range but definitely a close second. I have both Theodora and Glinda but can safely say I'm more a Theodora, purely because I think that Theodora is a more everyday palette compared to Glinda. Anyway onto the review:
Firstly the packaging for this is seriously pretty, which I always fall for stuff that is nicely packaged! It is a tin case which isn't cheap feeling like some of them are and its nice and hygienic clasp case which means if you drop its unlikely to smash everywhere, which is good.
Because Theodora is the bad witch, the colours in the palette reflect this, they are mostly smokey neutrals, apart from 'Broken' (a pale, shimmery cream, perfect highlight colour) & 'Jealous' (this is the half n half shadow, which is two shades of green, a slightly darker jade green and a pale shade of green, presumably to meant to represent green with jealousy). 'Beware' is the only matte shade in the palette, and its a bit like a cork kind of colour, brown but not overly so, with a slight hue of red to it. It makes a really beautiful transition colour in the crease. My two favourite shades are 'Bewitch' & 'West', these are two very versatile shades, 'Bewitch' is like a mix between a brown, a grey and a plum, which makes for a very interesting, deeply pigmented colour. 'West' is more of a deep taupe with purple tones to it. Both are very pigmented and make really beautiful smokey eyes or can be toned down to make a natural everyday look, and you don't have to use them together you can mix them into any look you like. 'Spell' is the final shade, which is another half n half shadow, one half being a shimmery black and the other a shimmery gold. I find UD tend to include a black and a gold in quite a few of their palettes but they are very nice shades and you can incorporate them into certain looks just fine, but they are very glittery, so expect some fallout there.
I think the colour I was most dubious about using was 'Jealous' purely because I never really use green shades, I have green eyes and find that when people with blue eyes use blue shadows or green eyes with green shadows it can wash out the eye colour a little. However I have found that I have used it more than once and I am actually finding it quite enjoyable to use.
The palette also includes the wonderful 24/7glide on eye pencil in zero, which I thought was great because I love this particular shade of black because it is a really deep black and is great for doing smokey looks and using along the waterline, because it lasts a long time.
Also included is the super saturated lip pencil in 'Theodora' which I like to say is a 'stripper heels' shade of red, a very deep cherry. I have very pale skin and find that this shade can look a little overwhelming, on the box where Mila Kunis is wearing it her skin tone is a little warmer than mine and looks a lot better, but I do like to wear this colour on days where I feel a little daring. It is very drying though I find, which is a little annoying.
Overall, if you love neutrals and smokey shades then this is definitely a palette for you. It even comes with a handy card (a bit like in the too faced palettes) to show you how to create a look with the palette. I'd definitely recommend and buy this again because you do get a lot for your money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was very surprised with this palatte. When I saw the colors online I expected them to be subtle. But wow! These are all intense pigmentation with lovely sheen but not overly frosty. The gold/black has some glitter fall out but Urban Decay's is known for that in their glittery/overly frosty shades. Despite that both shades do have nice pigmentation.
Usually the "experts" say that women of a certain age should not wear frosty shadow but these are creamy satin or shimmer.

The pencil is 24/7 matte black. The lip color is bright cherry red. Both wear well. I did not think the creamy lip pencil would hold up well but it lasts even though it does have a slightly "sticky" feel in the lips.

I would recommend this palette to anyone looking for neutral shades that will compliment most any coloring.

I love the refillable palette, once the shadows are gone I can fill it with my favorite UD singles.

Great buy.