Urban Decay Theodora Palette

Urban Decay Theodora Palette
Theodora PaletteTheodora PaletteTheodora Palette

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has become one of my favorite palettes. I know some people did not like that it was in the build your own style, but I like the fact that when I finish up the shades, I'll be able to put in different UD shadows. Granted that is provided they don't change the style of the individual shadows again.

I will say that I find myself using the shades Broken, Beware, Bewitch, and West the most often. But I do use Spell and Jealous. I really feel this palette is versatile. You can get a simple day look with Broken and Beware and then go in with Bewitch and West for an evening look. I like satin and shimmer shadows so this is a great palette for me. If you are into mattes, there is only one true matte and that is Beware.

The shades are a nice consistency, great quality that I have come to expect from UD. They are pigmented and blend easily. I wear these over primer and they last all day.

The liner is Zero, is is a basic black liner. I haven't opened that yet since I'm finishing up some other liners, but I used the UD 24/7 pencils before and love them. The lip pencil is nice. I think it is actually F-Bomb from their regular collection. It looks okay on me, I usually don't go for reds. I wish it was in automatic format since I prefer that for jumbo lip pencils.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

I have medium/dark skintone and this is amazing on my skin! The greens work perfect with brown eyes. The gold also gives a nice pop. I have to say this palette will probably work on most people, but looks more natural on darker skintones. The lip color is definitely made for tan skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Being a Wizard of Oz fan and knowing that Urban Decay's eyeshadows are phenomenal, when I heard that they coming out with palettes for the new Oz movie (can't wait to see it, by the way), I was psyched!
The Theodora Palette is a limited edition palette that comes with eight brand new eyeshadow shades, a travel-sized 24/7 Glide-On Pencil Liner in Zero, and a travel-sized Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Theodora (new shade). These products and shades were chosen with careful consideration to recreate Mila Kunis (Theodora)'s edgy look from the movie Oz.
Below I listed all the shades with their shade description, pigmentation level, and personal notes, when applicable. I marked my favorites with an asterisk (*):
-Broken: Satin light peachy beige (good pigmentation)
-Beware: Matte warm brown (excellent pigmentation)
-Bewitch: Satin chocolate brown (excellent pigmentation)
-West: Metallic red-chocolate brown (excellent pigmentation)
-Spell (left side)*: Black with multi-colored glitter (good pigmentation)
-Spell (right side): Glittery dirty gold (excellent pigmentation) (some fall-out occurs, but it's not as bad as the fall-out in the Glinda palette)
-Jealous (left side): Frosted yellow-toned olive green (excellent pigmentation)
-Jealous (right side): Frosted light warm sage green (excellent pigmentation)
-Zero (24/7 Eyeliner): Black (excellent pigmentation)
-Theodora (Super-Saturated Lip Color): Cherry red with barely-there shimmer (excellent pigmentation)
Like all Urban Decay eyeshadows in general, these eyeshadows have a smooth, blendable formulation, good pigmentation, and last all day without creasing or fading. The only eyeshadow I've had issues with wear with is Spell (right side), which has glitter fall-out. To minimize fall-out, I suggest you wear it on top of a primer or a base, such as UDPP, MAC Paint Pots, or Maybelline Color Tattoos, and tapping off the excess product off your eyeshadow brush prior to applcation. This won't guarantee fall-out prevention, but it will minimize it.
Zero is a classic eyeliner that for the most part lasts all day on me without fading. It smudges just a little bit.
Theodora makes for a fantastic glossy red lippie! This one lasts longer than Glinda does (6 hours) and it has a nice creamy, smooth formulation without any stickiness. If you have dry lips, I recommend you wear lip balm underneath as I find that it's somewhat drying.
The packaging is a sturdy tin case that's similar to Urban Decay's empty Build Your Own eyeshadow palettes. The design on the lid is gorgeous and reflects both Oz and Theodora wonderfully.
I must admit, however, that I'm not too pleased with the eyeshadow shades in this palette. It reminds me greatly of my Wet 'n' Wild Comfort Zone palette, and I feel that the shades can be easily duped and that I already own eyeshadows similar to these. They are, however, well-coordinated, and I can imagine that you can create many different looks with it, but I still prefer the Glinda palette over this.
Of course, this is a personal preference, so don't let me stop you purchasing this, if you like it!
The $50 retail price tag might intimidate you, but considering UD eyeshadows cost $18 each, and it comes with a great quality mini eyeliner and lip color, $50 is a steal!
Would I repurchase? No.